10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    Returned my Note 7 to a local AT&T store on Sept 2nd. I did not have a functional back up at home so I got a 6s plus. They charged me the taxes and whatnot as if I had purchased an iPhone in the first place. I ended up getting a cheap case too, as I plan on returning the 6s plus as soon as the "new" Note 7s come out. Hopefully its within the 14 day return policy, Sept 16th. If not I have been assured it doesn't matter, they will take back the 6s plus whenever the Note 7s are back in stores.
    I'm a bit undecided as of now. Been an iPhone guy for a long time and may hold on to the "new" Note 7 until I figure out what Apple will be offering in their new iPhone 7 plus. The AT&T rep I just chatted with also assured me when I do get the new Note 7, I'll have another 14 days to return it.
    I really liked the Note 7, however, there was a bit more lag than what I wanted, the battery ran hot and I got awful battery life to boot. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.......
    09-05-2016 05:52 PM
    I didn't have any heating issues with my note 7

I used package disabler and disabled a bunch of crapware.

It was running quite smooth.

I went into at&t yesterday and there manager wasn't there so they couldn't handle the transaction.

Went back today and it was pretty smooth.

returned for s7 edge
    set it up today, took awhile and it got hot, but seems back to snuff.

Planning on getting new note 7 when available, ? is when. miss that bad boy.

I was thinking of not trading in but kept reading the horrible reports so it wasn't worth the risk to my family.

interestingly I got the last black s7 edge loaner, has gone through two big software updates.

I think they make some stellar phones, and they push the industry forward. I have a bunch of iphones, sold a few just have an se as a backup and I usually take it to the gym cause it's smaller and easier to handle (less prone to breaking)

but the note 7 is the perfect phone for me. Especially s pen/s note

the waiting begins.. but safe waiting.
    09-05-2016 07:28 PM
    You might have to be more patient than most, for there to be a resolution eventually.

If it comes down to it, maybe the seller can call and set something up.

I think on the end Samsung will do something about this because there are a lot of phones sold individually, on Swappa, eBay, etc.
    This is why Consumer Reports has been going ballistic about not involving the CPSC in the recall. There are so many different commercial and third party sellers, and once these get into private hands they need to be recovered regardless which seller is involved. Samsung can't look the other way because you bought it on eBay, or from a friend, or in a back alley. Hopefully those of us who bought heads up from a carrier get the first shipment of new units before too long.
    Jona005 and oditius like this.
    09-06-2016 09:04 AM
    Went to ATT store today to return my N7. I got my money back and the guy was trying to talk me into a S7 but I refused I just reactivated my LG G3. I asked when new Notes 7 were coming in or if there was a list I could be put on to alert me when new phones came in and he told me no. That it could take from next week to 2 months from now lol.. He was like just keep checking the internet and keep calling in. Oh well. I rather wait than have a malfunction on the N7
    I know it's early yet, but that's the same gibberish I got from our local corporate store. I asked why they didn't at least start a waiting list, and they got this deer in the headlights look like - "duh, we never thought of that, we'll have to talk about it next week." My gut tells me it may be Halloween before I see a replacement for our two Coral Blues, and by then the CPSC will get involved and the feds will reduce replacements to a crawl.
    09-06-2016 09:11 AM
    I still haven't heard of any time frame wrapped around this recall.

Is there a cut off date as to when we can return or exchange our Note 7 for a replacement?

It sounds like straight returns are out of the question if you are outside of your states return period.

How long do we have before we cannot exchange our device?
    09-06-2016 09:35 AM
    Was anyone able to get their new Note 7?
    I just went to AT&T and was told they did not have them yet and they are not sure when they will get them
    09-06-2016 10:59 AM
    i was told next week by best buy.. if thats true... i dont know lol
    smooth4lyfe and Jona005 like this.
    09-06-2016 11:34 AM
    I just called Samsung. The rep told me that AT&T stores will have the new Note 7s on Monday. I pressed him on this, he assured me they'd be in stock on Monday. I have heard so many different things since this recall, I'll believe it when I see it. It's worth noting, I called my local AT&T store just prior to calling Samsung, and the employee I spoke with told me they would not be sold till October, lol! Sheesh, this is ridiculous.
    calicocat2010 likes this.
    09-06-2016 11:38 AM
    A blue Note 7 I ordered for an employee came in today. Imagine his disappointment when I showed it to him and told him it had to go back. He's been up north all weekend and didnt get the news that it had been recalled. Poor guy lol.
    09-06-2016 11:41 AM
    I just called Samsung. The rep told me that AT&T stores will have the new Note 7s on Monday. I pressed him on this, he assured me they'd be in stock on Monday. I have heard so many different things since this recall, I'll believe it when I see it. It's worth noting, I called my local AT&T store just prior to calling Samsung, and the employee I spoke with told me they would not be sold till October, lol! Sheesh, this is ridiculous.
    Did they say why? Is it because they won't be available until then? Is it because AT&T wants to push the new IPhone? (Just kidding folks) I'm just curious as to why you were told that. I've noticed that all the different AT&T stores do not seem to be on the same page. There really seems to be a lack of coordination in their company.
    09-06-2016 11:52 AM
    Did they say why? Is it because they won't be available until then? Is it because AT&T wants to push the new IPhone? (Just kidding folks) I'm just curious as to why you were told that. I've noticed that all the different AT&T stores do not seem to be on the same page. There really seems to be a lack of coordination in their company.
    Seems like they are clueless and just want to give the customer hope with whatever is thrown at them. Shakes head.
    09-06-2016 12:06 PM
    Nope didn't say why. As I mentioned, I pressed him on it. He essentially told me for sure on Monday, in the AT&T stores. I'll believe it when I have one in my hand I suppose. Yeah this whole recall process has been awful. I'm thinking I should have maybe just kept my Note 7......
    09-06-2016 12:09 PM
    i was told next week by best buy.. if thats true... i dont know lol
    I know you've been looking at an S7 active as a loaner or maybe replacement and we've been trying to sway you from doing so. If you're still considering it please read this post.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...ml#post5397660

Another reason not to have taken a loaner phone, especially the active.
    Law2138 likes this.
    09-06-2016 12:15 PM
    This is why Consumer Reports has been going ballistic about not involving the CPSC in the recall. There are so many different commercial and third party sellers, and once these get into private hands they need to be recovered regardless which seller is involved. Samsung can't look the other way because you bought it on eBay, or from a friend, or in a back alley. Hopefully those of us who bought heads up from a carrier get the first shipment of new units before too long.

Don't want Consumer Reports to stick their nose in my swapping a phone.

I'd rather send it directly to Samsung in Korea and pay more money just to Keep CPSC out of the recall .
    Jona005 and kybluejeep1 like this.
    09-06-2016 12:58 PM
    I still haven't heard of any time frame wrapped around this recall.

Is there a cut off date as to when we can return or exchange our Note 7 for a replacement?

It sounds like straight returns are out of the question if you are outside of your states return period.

How long do we have before we cannot exchange our device?
    Depends on carrier. Both Verizon & AT&T will offer a full refund even if outside the return period. Or you can simply exchange it for an S7E/S7 whatever else. Verizon is through 9/30/16 for full refund/exchange. AT&T hasn't provided specifics, but I'm guessing you can either return/exchange within the next two weeks.
    09-06-2016 01:12 PM
    If At&t don't have a note 7 in the color I want.
    I'm not turning in or exchanging nothing.
    09-06-2016 01:15 PM
    I didn't have any heating issues with my note 7

I used package disabler and disabled a bunch of crapware.

It was running quite smooth.

I went into at&t yesterday and there manager wasn't there so they couldn't handle the transaction.

Went back today and it was pretty smooth.

returned for s7 edge
    set it up today, took awhile and it got hot, but seems back to snuff.

Planning on getting new note 7 when available, ? is when. miss that bad boy.

I was thinking of not trading in but kept reading the horrible reports so it wasn't worth the risk to my family.

interestingly I got the last black s7 edge loaner, has gone through two big software updates.

I think they make some stellar phones, and they push the industry forward. I have a bunch of iphones, sold a few just have an se as a backup and I usually take it to the gym cause it's smaller and easier to handle (less prone to breaking)

but the note 7 is the perfect phone for me. Especially s pen/s note

the waiting begins.. but safe waiting.
    I've done the same, and part of me wonders if the longer this goes on if there will be refurbed phones given out as "loaners". The S7E I was given is brand new and has a manufacture date of August 3, 2016. I was given it on the terms that I can either keep it or return it for a Note 7 replacement. While there is concern about mass note 7 refurbs, I feel like the same could happen regarding the s7/s7e/s7 active.
    09-06-2016 01:27 PM
    Was anyone able to get their new Note 7?
    I just went to AT&T and was told they did not have them yet and they are not sure when they will get them
    According to Samsung email I received they are pushing to start releasing the new one's next week. Fingers crossed!
    09-06-2016 01:43 PM
    According to Samsung email I received they are pushing to start releasing the new one's next week. Fingers crossed!
    I never received an email from Samsung.
    09-06-2016 01:48 PM
    I received a email as well...
    They used the Email I used to apply for the gear fit 2 promotion not the one I used to create the order with ATT
    nonie and ehosey2 like this.
    09-06-2016 01:51 PM
    I never received an email from Samsung.
    ehosey2 likes this.
    09-06-2016 01:52 PM
    I know it's early yet, but that's the same gibberish I got from our local corporate store. I asked why they didn't at least start a waiting list, and they got this deer in the headlights look like - "duh, we never thought of that, we'll have to talk about it next week." My gut tells me it may be Halloween before I see a replacement for our two Coral Blues, and by then the CPSC will get involved and the feds will reduce replacements to a crawl.
    Question 5 from Samsung's FAQ in their website regarding the exchange program says their first priority is to get new note 7s to current owners participating in the exchange program then the Note 7 will be available for purchase so it looks like we have first dibs. I'm glad I purchased my phone from a small authorized retailer. They called me personally to inform me of the recall and will call me when they have the new N7 in.
    I'm also glad I can exchange my N7. The clicking mechanism for my S-Pen isn't working and it's stuck in the phone...
    09-06-2016 03:20 PM
    I just read the email from Samsung. So what if I didn't get a loaner phone when I sent my note back? Am I still technically a participant in the exchange program?
    09-06-2016 04:26 PM
    I got the email from Samsung as well. I just sent my Note back today through the USPS. I'm not sure what I will do. I will watch the Apple keynote tomorrow and see what's up with the new Iphone 7. I'll have time to make up my mind since I would wait for the unlocked Iphone 7 to become available on the Apple online store later on. We should hear some Note 7 news before that hopefully.
    09-06-2016 04:39 PM
    This is exactly why I never buy a new device when it's first released. Sometimes the first batch of devices have issues that are usually discovered after customers use the device for a little while. I usually wait a few months after a device is released to purchased it. Samsung has handled this recall process the best way any tech company could. Even though it only affected .01% of the 1 million devices sold they took no chances and is replacing a ton of devices that don't have a defect. Obviously because of the danger involved with a exploding battery.

I have been a Note user since the 3 and upgrade my Note device every year. I will still continue to buy Note devices because IMO they are the best phones money can buy. I have never had a single issue with any Note device that I have personally owned and I know many people in my personal life that have Samsung devices that share my same exact experience.
    09-06-2016 05:04 PM
970 ... 1314151617 ...