10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 1516171819 ...
tools
    Just got off chatting with an AT&T rep and they said I would be able to trade my n7 for the new iPhone (not saying I am but I know there are people here that are) Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    09-07-2016 03:51 PM
    Just got off chatting with an AT&T rep and they said I would be able to trade my n7 for the new iPhone (not saying I am but I know there are people here that are) Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet
    Noooooooooooooooooo....... Booooo.... Hissssssss..... Traitor!

O.K., now that I got that out of my system, hey if that's what you think is best for you... no one here can blame you after this BLUNDER!

I'm staying however - I fell in love with the Note 7! Good luck whichever way you decide to go!
    09-07-2016 04:10 PM
    Oh, I've got the AOD on my Edge. I believe the version on the Note 7 is newer though. I cannot see notification icons on my Edge whereas on the Note 7, I was able to see the notification icons, set a custom message and even see what was playing on my Sonos.
    09-07-2016 04:22 PM
    I'm not switching I'm just putting it out there lol
    kayjbee likes this.
    09-07-2016 04:41 PM
    Just returned my N7. It was working perfectly but wanted some peace of mind. Maybe I should stay off these forums. Anyway it went pretty smoothly and only took about 20 min. Few things I learned today. My ATT corporate store has not retuned their stock of N7s yet. Reps were told to separate, screen protector and case as they will be going back to their corresponding manufacturers. They don't know when new N7 stock will be in. Best they could tell me was Samsung should send me an email when they become available.
    09-07-2016 04:44 PM
    Are you sure we can do full refund for AT&T? On their website says it says exchange for new device.
    You can do a full refund.
    09-07-2016 05:45 PM
    Return process didn't go as smoothly as I thought. Went on att to check my bill. They are still charging me for a phone I don't have and they did not reset my upgrade /next plan status. 7 am can't come soon enough. The only thing that turned out right was I got refunded my money for the taxes I paid on the 7 😠
    SAME HERE except the store i returned mine to on Sunday LOST MY PHONE they can not find it! I spent nearly an hour on the phone yesterday. I am still being charged for it as well. I am beyond furious.
    This is why I don't use At&t's Next program and just buy my phones outright. When I tried to use Next for a Iphone 6 plus two years ago the same thing sort of happened to me. I paid my previous phone off early, but it kept showing that I was on a Next contract. I ended up just buying the Iphone outright, and then later it finally showed me not owing anything, but this was still after calling them, and calling them.
    09-07-2016 08:07 PM
    Still using my problem free Note 7 and guessing I will never have issues with it also its still a far better choice than the Iphone 7 recall and all.
    kayjbee, nonie and hummingbirdhill like this.
    09-07-2016 08:38 PM
    I returned mine today with no issues. The website immediately showed my Next availability was reset to before the upgrade. The store (a authorized retailer no less) told me that you just have to select the right options in the return. Guess like anything else, a incompetant rep can cause a lot of problems.
    09-07-2016 08:40 PM
    Just spoke to AT&T rep and they said new note 7 will be in within a week or 2
    09-08-2016 10:51 AM
    Just spoke to AT&T rep and they said new note 7 will be in within a week or 2
    Lol, so in other words they still have no clue when.
    09-08-2016 10:56 AM
    Hey I'm trying to be positive geez
    09-08-2016 10:57 AM
    Hey I'm trying to be positive geez
    That wasnt a dig at you. I talked to 2 reps yesterday and my business rep and all 3 had different answers which told me they still know nothing.
    09-08-2016 10:58 AM
    This is what I thought when I returned my N7 to my AT&T Corp store. One rep said next week. Another said I'll get email from Samsung when replacements are available. They haven't even sent their N7 stock back yet. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath. I may stick to my N4 until the N8 comes out.
    09-08-2016 11:19 AM
    This is what I thought when I returned my N7 to my AT&T Corp store. One rep said next week. Another said I'll get email from Samsung when replacements are available. They haven't even sent their N7 stock back yet. Let's just say I'm not holding my breath. I may stick to my N4 until the N8 comes out.
    I just want to sell my Active before it shatters and becomes useless. Im half tempted to take a $300 loss on it and trade it in for an Edge.
    09-08-2016 11:21 AM
    That wasnt a dig at you. I talked to 2 reps yesterday and my business rep and all 3 had different answers which told me they still know nothing.
    Worse here in Midland TX - three reps, at three different stores, told me it would be months, if ever, they got replacement phones, but "of course, you know, the new iPhone 7 will be out on Friday" - is Apple behind all of this horse hockey - just sayin'...
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-08-2016 11:22 AM
    I just want to sell my Active before it shatters and becomes useless. Im half tempted to take a $300 loss on it and trade it in for an Edge.
    I thought the Active was supposed to be rugged
    09-08-2016 11:23 AM
    Just received my new Samsung S2 smartwatch yesterday....there was a typed up letter in the box that said they are recalling ALL Note7s (which we already knew) and too power the device off and store it somewhere until we can get new ones......weird too see that in the box with the new wearable....
    Worse here in Midland TX - three reps, at three different stores, told me it would be months, if ever, they got replacement phones, but "of course, you know, the new iPhone 7 will be out on Friday" - is Apple behind all of this horse hockey - just sayin'...
    Lol, 1 of the reps at my local store made the same iphone comment yesterday. I told them if they want to honor the buy one get one free deal they have to honor for the note then sign me up. That conversation ended right then.
    dstrauss likes this.
    I thought the Active was supposed to be rugged
    It was supposed to be rugged AND water resistant. Its neither.
    09-08-2016 11:24 AM
    Lol, 1 of the reps at my local store made the same iphone comment yesterday. I told them if they want to honor the buy one get one free deal they have to honor for the note then sign me up. That conversation ended right then.
    I neglected to mention I had that exact same conversation, you'd think I dropped the Baby Ruth in the country club swimming pool! The young turk said at least I wouldn't be at risk. So I proceeded to bargain and told him the math: two GN7 (1758) - one BOGO credit (-695) - two SD cards (-398) equals $665 - match that with your iPhone 7 Plus and we'll talk...even if we equalize for two of the 256gb 7 Plus (because my SD cards were free), they'd have to put two of them in my hands for $1057...he turned six different shades of green - then bright red - then I left...
    09-08-2016 11:45 AM
    Just came back from an absurd experience at ATT store. I bought from Target and went to my local store just to ask them to call me when the replacements came in. The woman immediately lit into me saying I need to exchange the phone right now for an S7 or S7 edge. I explained that I didn't want an S7 or Edge even on a temporary basis, all I wanted was them to put me on a list to call me. She then said there is no such list, and they are not prepared to do exchanges. Only Samsung will do direct exchanges. This of course is 100% contrary to what Samsung is saying. She then said, if I exchange to an S7 or S7 edge, I should be prepared to keep it permanently because it will be months (if ever) before the new N7s are released. I explained nicely that Samsung is saying next week to which she responded, they "rushed out the N7 and it may never come back".

Seriously absurd. Makes me furious. I of course called Samsung who says just wait a week and exchanges will be no problem. Unbelievable amount of confusion over this.
    09-08-2016 12:55 PM
    Just came back from an absurd experience at ATT store. I bought from Target and went to my local store just to ask them to call me when the replacements came in. The woman immediately lit into me saying I need to exchange the phone right now for an S7 or S7 edge. I explained that I didn't want an S7 or Edge even on a temporary basis, all I wanted was them to put me on a list to call me. She then said there is no such list, and they are not prepared to do exchanges. Only Samsung will do direct exchanges. This of course is 100% contrary to what Samsung is saying. She then said, if I exchange to an S7 or S7 edge, I should be prepared to keep it permanently because it will be months (if ever) before the new N7s are released. I explained nicely that Samsung is saying next week to which she responded, they "rushed out the N7 and it may never come back".

Seriously absurd. Makes me furious. I of course called Samsung who says just wait a week and exchanges will be no problem. Unbelievable amount of confusion over this.
    I hate the inconsistencies that happen across customer service reps. Even prior to this recall, I've gotten so many different answers from so many different reps on varying topics. When I initially joined AT&T I was told I couldn't get any account credits since I was coming over from Verizon, yet a different person at a different store credited me $25 for each phone. I'm convinced it's impossible to see an entire company abide by a statement even if it was printed on a neon sign in every store.
    09-08-2016 01:01 PM
    I hate the inconsistencies that happen across customer service reps. Even prior to this recall, I've gotten so many different answers from so many different reps on varying topics. When I initially joined AT&T I was told I couldn't get any account credits since I was coming over from Verizon, yet a different person at a different store credited me $25 for each phone. I'm convinced it's impossible to see an entire company abide by a statement even if it was printed on a neon sign in every store.
    Thats ok, At&t has just billed me for my water damaged Active that they have been instructed to exchange per Samsung at no charge. Been on the phone for now almost an hour trying to get the $751 charge removed with zero luck claiming "the phone had water damage and we dont cover that". When I read the At&t notes regarding that they are indeed covering that I have been told twice now it isnt for my phone.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-08-2016 01:32 PM
    Thats ok, At&t has just billed me for my water damaged Active that they have been instructed to exchange per Samsung at no charge. Been on the phone for now almost an hour trying to get the $751 charge removed with zero luck claiming "the phone had water damage and we dont cover that". When I read the At&t notes regarding that they are indeed covering that I have been told twice now it isnt for my phone.
    Oh man that sucks. I'm lucky to have a AT&T Corp store just a mile away and even though they don't always have correct information, they have always been willing to help. Good luck.
    09-08-2016 01:46 PM
970 ... 1516171819 ...