10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 1617181920 ...
tools
    Oh man that sucks. I'm lucky to have a AT&T Corp store just a mile away and even though they don't always have correct information, they have always been willing to help. Good luck.
    I hung up with them and called my business rep. Within 5 minutes he resolved it. Thank god.
    qnet likes this.
    09-08-2016 01:48 PM
    I went to the store today for return/exchange with interim S7 Edge, and was told that they had the Samsung rep in today and I was told to hang on to the unit I have if it is not heating while charging and then exchange when the new batch arrives in 2 weeks. I charge it in front of me everyday on my desk checking it's temperature to the hand. Switch it off every night until next morning.
    09-08-2016 03:50 PM
    Still using my n7.... I like living on the edge
    boufa likes this.
    09-08-2016 03:58 PM
    This may be the smartest and dumbest thing I have ever read. lol

I am doing the same...but each day I start to wonder if I should.
    nonie and hummingbirdhill like this.
    09-08-2016 04:57 PM
    I will probably this weekend
    09-08-2016 05:14 PM
    I finally powered it down and put it away, I was leaning towards just using it, but didn't want to take a chance.
    I already have a N7E, so I will wait for the replacement.
    09-08-2016 05:24 PM
    traded in 2 blue corals today for 2 s7 edges at the local ATT store. they seemed to be in the whole return , refund, exchange loop with the Note 7
    The one lady said her brother works for samsung and he hasnt heard when the new phones were gonna be ready , but she also said he hasnt asked anyone that would actually know that info.
    transaction seemed to go ok.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-08-2016 05:32 PM
    and the edge sucks.
    09-08-2016 07:29 PM
    I really like my N7 but wondering realistically if a replacement unit will come before more crazy stories about the phone build up. My wife is wanting my 6S Plus because she needs a phone now but the only reason I left the iphone was for the N7. I don't think there are any other android phones that come close. I don't feel good about holding out but the only other choice that comes close is the iphone 7 plus.
    09-08-2016 08:29 PM
    For those who did the exchange for a s7e and did on the next plan, did you have to pay for tax instore.also did they charge activation for that s7e?
    09-08-2016 11:29 PM
    For those who did the exchange for a s7e and did on the next plan, did you have to pay for tax instore.also did they charge activation for that s7e?
    I was told I'd be charged taxes, but not the activation fee - BUT - I was told I needed to pay for the monthly insurance, because if it even gets scratched they will not accept it back for the new GN7's when they are released. So I left with my GN7 still in hand.

Anybody care to spell FUBAR for me...
    09-08-2016 11:52 PM
    On a happy note I finally got my shipping info on my free 256 SD card. On a sad note I have no phone to put it in. Att has both my note 4 and 7. I'm hoping this means I'll have my 7 back soon. Lol
    09-09-2016 03:48 AM
    I'm planning on going from Note 7 to Note 7... I really don't want to start my NEXT plan over again. All of us fun people who do pre-orders, and want a phone on day 1 might be screwed next year when the Note 8 comes out, and we still have 2 payments left before we can trade in for it. Or we will have to double pay and pay off the last 2 payments.

Assuming that we make 2 payments on the Note 7 before the new Note 7s are available...
    14 payments on the note 7 in 12 months (2 on old n7, 10 on new n7 and 2 extra to get your NEXT plan paid up to upgrade) Assuming you turn in your Note 7... which is the only reason to make those extra 2 payments... To get the Note 8 during its initial release period would cost you an extra $72.

...of course if AT&T handles it as an exchange, then there would be no new Next plan and all will be right in the world.
    09-09-2016 07:24 AM
    I was told I'd be charged taxes, but not the activation fee - BUT - I was told I needed to pay for the monthly insurance, because if it even gets scratched they will not accept it back for the new GN7's when they are released. So I left with my GN7 still in hand.

Anybody care to spell FUBAR for me...
    Don't you get your taxes BACK on your initial Note 7 when you turned it in, and then again on the s7e when you switch back to the new Note 7's?
    09-09-2016 07:24 AM
    I exchanged my Note 7 for the S7E yesterday on the next plan and received a $5.79 credit after everything was done. It was simple. AT&T has no clue when the N7 will be back.
    09-09-2016 08:18 AM
    Don't you get your taxes BACK on your initial Note 7 when you turned it in, and then again on the s7e when you switch back to the new Note 7's?
    Yes, but it's not the taxes I was whining about, it's the insurance complication because three different AT&T stores told me teh same thing - if the "loaner" is not pristine when you bring it back, no replacement with a Note 7 unless you have insurance and can file a replacement claim for the "loaner."

I don't understand why Samsung isn't responsible for doing this as an advance replacement - take your credit card number, ship you the replacement, and if you don't return the original within ten days you get charged for the replacement - no more carrier store idiots to deal with (who try to steer you to an iPhone 7 Plus at every turn).
    09-09-2016 08:46 AM
    Yes, but it's not the taxes I was whining about, it's the insurance complication because three different AT&T stores told me teh same thing - if the "loaner" is not pristine when you bring it back, no replacement with a Note 7 unless you have insurance and can file a replacement claim for the "loaner."

I don't understand why Samsung isn't responsible for doing this as an advance replacement - take your credit card number, ship you the replacement, and if you don't return the original within ten days you get charged for the replacement - no more carrier store idiots to deal with (who try to steer you to an iPhone 7 Plus at every turn).
    I completely agree with this. Samsung is making this difficult on everyone and it's deliberate. They are more than capable of overnighting these phones to consumers based on IMEI checks with credit card holds. This needs to happen. ATT is last company on earth equipped to deal with something like this as confirmed by the mass confusion and misinformation that persists more than a week into this. And the trade thing is a total trap. I have no doubt that swapping the "loaners" is going to be an even bigger PIA than getting a replacement N7. Just imagine ATT checking these things for scratches etc. Samsung's "loaner" program is a joke. For me, I have no back up and am trapped. Trade for a lesser phone that I never would have bought, demand a return with no current options on the market or wait and hope my phone doesn't explode. Real nice options.
    09-09-2016 04:43 PM

You realize when you get a new phone.
    You are on a plan to pay monthly for it right.
    Well the person replacing your phone has to lock your phone to the carrier you made the deal with.
    You didn't buy your phone outright.
    So its LOCKED.
    And your new phone will Be LOCKED. Till you pay it off.
    Then you can call and get the unlock code.
    But what good it will do you I don't know.

I'm glad now that I went for at least 2 months on the next plan.
    Now they will be more happier to take care of me.
    09-09-2016 05:03 PM
    I completely agree with this. Samsung is making this difficult on everyone and it's deliberate. They are more than capable of overnighting these phones to consumers based on IMEI checks with credit card holds. This needs to happen. ATT is last company on earth equipped to deal with something like this as confirmed by the mass confusion and misinformation that persists more than a week into this. And the trade thing is a total trap. I have no doubt that swapping the "loaners" is going to be an even bigger PIA than getting a replacement N7. Just imagine ATT checking these things for scratches etc. Samsung's "loaner" program is a joke. For me, I have no back up and am trapped. Trade for a lesser phone that I never would have bought, demand a return with no current options on the market or wait and hope my phone doesn't explode. Real nice options.
    Think to the future.
    Keep an old phone incase something like this might happen again. At least for about 3 months or so.
    What would you do it you lost or broke your phone.
    Or better yet. What would you do if somebody stole it ?
    And you got no backup.
    09-09-2016 05:04 PM
    I returned my Note 7 even though I had no issues to AT&T. I picked the Galaxy S7 Edge until all this recall mess blows over. My question is how in the world is the S7 Edge speed so much faster than my Note 7 with same hardware specs? I didn't have the lag stutter on Note 7 but this Edge 7 is blazing fast. I also have a 128GB SD card and the latest Android updates on the S7E now.
    09-09-2016 05:19 PM
    Think to the future.
    Keep an old phone incase something like this might happen again. At least for about 3 months or so.
    What would you do it you lost or broke your phone.
    Or better yet. What would you do if somebody stole it ?
    And you got no backup.
    It's a fair point. I sold all my backups to pay for the N7. I get the logic but I typically try to get top dollar rather than keep an iphone etc. around the house.
    09-09-2016 05:20 PM
    It's a fair point. I sold all my backups to pay for the N7. I get the logic but I typically try to get top dollar rather than keep an iphone etc. around the house.
    Think how its working out for everybody right now.
    And if they scratch or dent a new phone the problems it gonna cause.

I'm gonna hang in for a couple months on the next plan.
    And I'm gonna pay mine off.
    09-09-2016 05:23 PM
    I just took my Note 7 (with a severely cracked screen) to an AT&T corporate store to get a refund (not an exchange). Was expecting problems and had none. Got the refund processed in about 2 minutes. I didn't return any accessories and I still have the Fit 2, headphones, and charger.
    09-09-2016 06:12 PM
    well this is not good. I hope we get the replacements quick and it slips under the radar before the "official recall" in the works. could be months before the phones get approved now

Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 Recall Is a Nightmare So Far
    09-09-2016 06:20 PM
    well this is not good. I hope we get the replacements quick and it slips under the radar before the "official recall" in the works. could be months before the phones get approved now

Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 Recall Is a Nightmare So Far
    O wow. Wonder if they'll force Samsung to do an exchange program like the one mentioned above. That'd really be the best way to handle it and take care of their customers
    09-09-2016 07:20 PM
970 ... 1617181920 ...