10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    O wow. Wonder if they'll force Samsung to do an exchange program like the one mentioned above. That'd really be the best way to handle it and take care of their customers
    Possibly but CPSC Can take months to approve the new batches. It took 6 months for the hoverboard recall to get settled. Im about to just give up on this phone at this point. Ive got to get the employee phones handed out real soon.
    09-09-2016 07:27 PM
    I returned my Note 7 even though I had no issues to AT&T. I picked the Galaxy S7 Edge until all this recall mess blows over. My question is how in the world is the S7 Edge speed so much faster than my Note 7 with same hardware specs? I didn't have the lag stutter on Note 7 but this Edge 7 is blazing fast. I also have a 128GB SD card and the latest Android updates on the S7E now.
    I noticed the same... Edge is noticeably snappier.

I jumped from iOS to the N7 because we added a line for my wife and got her an S7 via BOGO. It worked because I exercised my upgrade for the note. I also have a free 256GB microSD on the way.

Needless to say this experience has been less than pleasant so far. If it drags on I'll just undo my upgrade and go back to my 6+ until I can grab an iPhone 7+ when they are readily available.

Samsung needs to get it together soon...
    09-09-2016 07:44 PM
    Possibly but CPSC Can take months to approve the new batches. It took 6 months for the hoverboard recall to get settled. Im about to just give up on this phone at this point. Ive got to get the employee phones handed out real soon.
    what are you going to get that's comparible out there? I am thinking of bailing on the N7 now as well. Sad because I would have kept my note 5, I paid to upgrade early for the N7, (and traded in my n5). I don't really like what's avail now! S7 edge looks like my only choice but not thrilled to downgrade to older model.

We got jammed up on this purchase for sure
    shaleem and scottishlassy like this.
    09-09-2016 07:46 PM
    what are you going to get that's comparible out there? I am thinking of bailing on the N7 now as well. Sad because I would have kept my note 5, I paid to upgrade early for the N7, (and traded in my n5). I don't really like what's avail now! S7 edge looks like my only choice but not thrilled to downgrade to older model.

We got jammed up on this purchase for sure
    Im not sure to be honest. Hate the changes to the iphone 7 and didnt really like the s7 edge. Lg v10 or 20 dont appeal to me either. At this point I have absolutely no idea what to get everyone.
    los318 likes this.
    09-09-2016 07:57 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you! I don't have my iPhone 6S Plus any longer because I gave it up to switch to the Note 7. That's the only reason I switched. I can return it but I won't get the iPhone 7 Plus until the 1st or 2nd week of October. Wouldn't you think we would get our N7 replacements before that timeframe? If you guys think we won't get replacements before the 1st week of October, I may just go with whatever top premium phone is out there.
    09-09-2016 07:59 PM
    Is AT&T allowing full refunds for the phone or no? I'm considering returning it to go back to my Note 4 and probably get the iPhone 7 plus.
    09-09-2016 08:30 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you! I don't have my iPhone 6S Plus any longer because I gave it up to switch to the Note 7. That's the only reason I switched. I can return it but I won't get the iPhone 7 Plus until the 1st or 2nd week of October. Wouldn't you think we would get our N7 replacements before that timeframe? If you guys think we won't get replacements before the 1st week of October, I may just go with whatever top premium phone is out there.
    With the CPSC it could literally take months. The problem is we wont know how long it will be till its over. Im going to wait 1 more week and if theres no official word Im going to call this phone dead. CPSC has no reason to expidite their decision. They are a federaly funding commission and we all know what that means in regards to speed.
    09-09-2016 08:32 PM
    I already exchanged for an S7 edge. Do I now need to take that back for some J phone to await a Note 7? What a mess...
    09-09-2016 09:07 PM
    With the CPSC it could literally take months. The problem is we wont know how long it will be till its over. Im going to wait 1 more week and if theres no official word Im going to call this phone dead. CPSC has no reason to expidite their decision. They are a federaly funding commission and we all know what that means in regards to speed.
    Well that sucks but I see your point. I think I'll do that same as you. So the question is do I take a loaner until the N7 gets in? But the loaner is one of their crappier phones, right? I wouldn't be able to get the S7 Edge as a loaner from AT&T until the N7 is available to us? I was thinking about just holding onto my N7 but it doesn't feel right.
    09-09-2016 09:12 PM
    Well that sucks but I see your point. I think I'll do that same as you. So the question is do I take a loaner until the N7 gets in? But the loaner is one of their crappier phones, right? I wouldn't be able to get the S7 Edge as a loaner from AT&T until the N7 is available to us? I was thinking about just holding onto my N7 but it doesn't feel right.
    At&t was offering an s7, s7 edge or s7 active as an interim device. Now samsung is saying you can get a j series so Im not sure if at&t will stop offering the 7 series as a loaner.
    joe likes this.
    09-09-2016 09:23 PM
    AT&T's support phone line and online chat are both totally overwhelmed by this issue. By the time I got to talk to a real person, they told me that I could bring it back to an AT&T store and exchange it for any other phone. Well see. I'll try tomorrow.
    09-09-2016 09:42 PM
    AT&T's support phone line and online chat are both totally overwhelmed by this issue. By the time I got to talk to a real person, they told me that I could bring it back to an AT&T store and exchange it for any other phone. Well see. I'll try tomorrow.
    I just spent 2 plus hours at target trying to get a refund. They took the phone back but couldn't get anyone to pick up from att to reverse the upgrade. It was a total debacle. Target closed while att was still on hold and ultimately the made me leave and said come back tomorrow. Utterly infuriating.
    09-09-2016 09:47 PM
    It's an elephant dance between the carriers and Samsung. For example, what is in it for AT&T? They can just sell you another brand of phone. Samsung on the other hand, is going down in flames. They misjudged the US market response and the power of the Internet to force a resolution to an issue in real time. VW diesel car anyone?
    09-09-2016 09:54 PM
    It's an elephant dance between the carriers and Samsung. For example, what is in it for AT&T? They can just sell you another brand of phone. Samsung on the other hand, is going down in flames. They misjudged the US market response and the power of the Internet to force a resolution to an issue in real time. VW diesel car anyone?
    If At&t would offer the BOGO deal on another series of phones for our trouble this would be much easier. As it stands now they are only honoring it on the s7 line. Thats where Im getting irritated. We have a budget to spend on company phones and the BOGO was perfect to stay in that budget for a quality phone. This whole thing is such a mess and its completely frustrating to be apart of it.
    09-09-2016 10:04 PM
    Just got another text... with the "Urge you to power down your phone" message

Might just be time to do the switch. I don't wanna, but I'm beginning to feel like I should. Was holding out hope for the replacement N7's, but with the government slowing things down (though I doubt it will be by as much as most people here feel it will be)
    09-09-2016 11:27 PM
    Is AT&T allowing full refunds for the phone or no? I'm considering returning it to go back to my Note 4 and probably get the iPhone 7 plus.
    Yes AT&T is allowing for full refunds even if you are past the 14 day exchange/return timeline. I just refunded mine on Thursday with no issues and was past 14 days. Ended up pre-ordering 7+ earlier today to give iOS another try. Seems like the note 7 will never be rereleased now that the CPSC is involved and they are the ones who will need to approve the new note 7 batches...
    joe likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:59 AM
    Yes. This is exactly what I did. Luckily I didn't get a chance to sell my N4 yet by the time the recall happened. I will go back to the N7 when they become available.
    joe and hummingbirdhill like this.
    09-10-2016 01:14 AM
    Yes AT&T is allowing for full refunds even if you are past the 14 day exchange/return timeline. I just refunded mine on Thursday with no issues and was past 14 days. Ended up pre-ordering 7+ earlier today to give iOS another try. Seems like the note 7 will never be rereleased now that the CPSC is involved and they are the ones who will need to approve the new note 7 batches...
    Much as I dislike iOS, I'm also going to order a 7+ and just wait until it ships. My wife's Note 4 is still going strong, so maybe I can talk her into a swap (probably not).
    09-10-2016 07:55 AM
    Last night after hearing the official CPSC story on the News, I charged mine to 50%, did a full SmartSwitch Backup and I'm going back to AT&T this afternoon to switch back to my Note 5 until the new ones arrive or maybe even go with the refund if they offer it at my store! I was ready to wait and keep using it, until I saw that Samsung had to wait for our Federal Government's Approval on the fix - NOT NOW! :-)
    09-10-2016 09:36 AM
    Just exchanged my Note 7 (that I bought at Sam's Club) at an AT&T store for a S7 Edge...glad I didn't have to deal with that J Series non-sense...
    NopeNotMe likes this.
    09-10-2016 10:24 AM
    I already miss my retina scan to unlock my phone
    joe likes this.
    09-10-2016 10:36 AM
    Last night after hearing the official CPSC story on the News, I charged mine to 50%, did a full SmartSwitch Backup and I'm going back to AT&T this afternoon to switch back to my Note 5 until the new ones arrive or maybe even go with the refund if they offer it at my store! I was ready to wait and keep using it, until I saw that Samsung had to wait for our Federal Government's Approval on the fix - NOT NOW! :-)
    I'd rather pay 250.00 to do a swap than the federal government to get involved
    09-10-2016 10:56 AM
    Did you have to turn in all the accessories also.....and did you tell them you got it at sc?
    09-10-2016 11:21 AM
    Did you have to turn in all the accessories also.....and did you tell them you got it at sc?
    yeah, I returned everything (original box, charger, cable, etc - I forgot to bring the mini-USB to USB C adapter but they didn't say anything)...I also brought my paper work from Sam's (contract and receipt for sales tax) which seemed to make it go a bit smoother...
    09-10-2016 11:24 AM
    In a bit of irony, I started charging up my note 4 in preparation for possibly switching back to it. After a few minutes, I went to check on it and saw it was wobbling on the table. When I picked it up, the back cover was bulging out! I pried it off and the battery fell out. It wasn't particularly hot, but it was all swollen! I let it sit on the counter a bit and have now thrown it out. Not sure what to do now. I ordered a new note 4 battery, but don't really want to switch back to my old phone. I love this note 7, but it seems more and more burdensome to hold on to it. I'm also getting a feeling it's going to be a while till new ones are available. I am considering going to the iPhone 7 plus. But I'd really rather stay with a note. Will AT&T let me get a note 5 as a loner?
    09-10-2016 11:49 AM
970 ... 1718192021 ...