10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 1819202122 ...
tools
    In a bit of irony, I started charging up my note 4 in preparation for possibly switching back to it. After a few minutes, I went to check on it and saw it was wobbling on the table. When I picked it up, the back cover was bulging out! I pried it off and the battery fell out. It wasn't particularly hot, but it was all swollen! I let it sit on the counter a bit and have now thrown it out. Not sure what to do now. I ordered a new note 4 battery, but don't really want to switch back to my old phone. I love this note 7, but it seems more and more burdensome to hold on to it. I'm also getting a feeling it's going to be a while till new ones are available. I am considering going to the iPhone 7 plus. But I'd really rather stay with a note. Will AT&T let me get a note 5 as a loner?
    Per the AT&T site, it would seem so:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1122948

Because safety is our top priority, customers who purchased one of these Note7s are strongly encouraged to turn off their device and exchange for a new device as soon as possible. Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, a new Galaxy Note7 (pending approval the Consumer Products Safety Commission) or any other smartphone, and may also return any Note7 accessories. If a customer chooses another Samsung device, he or she will receive a bill credit of $25 per device.

But I would do it as quickly as possible...not sure if/when they will make those J-series phone the official loaner phone....
    09-10-2016 12:01 PM
    I had a good experience at my corporate AT&T store. They were going to give me a S7 Edge loaner but they ran out and I had to settle for a tiny S7 black version. The rep even documented my account this was only a loaner until the replacement N7 gets in. I am looking forward to my non-explosive Note 7!
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:06 PM
    I went to an AT&T corporate store today and they told me I could not refund the phone. how did you guys do it? the only thing I could do is exchange for another smartphone....

Posted via the Android Central App
    bskin8 likes this.
    09-10-2016 12:40 PM
    I went to an AT&T corporate store today and they told me I could not refund the phone. how did you guys do it? the only thing I could do is exchange for another smartphone....

Hell no. I bought mine outright and when I do take it back, most likely for an exchange, if I decide I want a refund I will get it. If I have to give them an earful with some choice words I will. That will work just about all of the time.
    09-10-2016 12:51 PM

From the ATT website about the Note 7 recall:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article...6Sc.UZ8sqbJafA

Can I exchange or return my Note7 if I am out of the normal return period?
    Yes!
    09-10-2016 12:55 PM
    From the ATT website about the Note 7 recall:

https://www.att.com/esupport/article...6Sc.UZ8sqbJafA

Can I exchange or return my Note7 if I am out of the normal return period?
    Yes!
    Should i go back and show them that? And what else should i do?
    09-10-2016 01:56 PM
    Should i go back and show them that? And what else should i do?
    I would print that out and bring it to them for starters...just be polite, talk to a manager/try a different store, etc....

good luck though....
    09-10-2016 02:16 PM
    I would print that out and bring it to them for starters...just be polite, talk to a manager/try a different store, etc....

good luck though....
    Thanks for the help! I just went right now and another different young girl helped me out. This time I showed her that page and she refunded me for the phone!
    shaleem and qnet like this.
    09-10-2016 02:59 PM
    Hmmmm... well, I went in to my AT&T Store this afternoon after loading all my stuff back onto my Note 5 and charging it up. The young lady said "Are you having any issues with the Note 7?" I told her I wasn't but after the Consumer warning last night I had had it! She said "Samsung is still telling us the new phones will be here about the same time as the new iPhones so if you can hang in there a bit longer...?" I said "It's a simple SIM swap - that seems like a no- brainer to me rather than put my family in (possible) danger? Let's put my SIM in the Note 5, put the Note 7 back in my box and when the new Note 7s come in I'll come in and do the swap. I really do still love the phone too much to give up on it!" That's what we did - I just don't believe the corrected 7's will arrive in 10 days now that CPSC is involved! :-)
    shaleem likes this.
    09-10-2016 03:00 PM
    Last night after hearing the official CPSC story on the News, I charged mine to 50%, did a full SmartSwitch Backup and I'm going back to AT&T this afternoon to switch back to my Note 5 until the new ones arrive or maybe even go with the refund if they offer it at my store! I was ready to wait and keep using it, until I saw that Samsung had to wait for our Federal Government's Approval on the fix - NOT NOW! :-)
    I actually did the same thing. Charged it up last night and decided to take it back to AT&T this morning. I must say that their efficiency and willingness to help me surprised me. If anyone recalls, I had posted a few days ago how no one at AT&T seemed to know what was going on. Well, at least at my store in a Chicago area suburb, they have their act together. I traded my Note 7 for a Galaxy 7 Edge. They assured me that once they received new Note 7s, I'd be able to switch back. They did the transfer of my apps and everything in about an hour. They also told me that I would be notified when the new Note 7s were available. They weren't sure exactly when they would be receiving them, but the Manager felt that it would not be too long because he felt that Samsung was very aware that Apple was releasing their new phone on the 16th. All and all, I was very happy with the experience, considering that I hated parting with my Note7. When I returned home, the 256 GB Memory micro SD card from Samsung was waiting for me. Oh, the S7 Edge appears to be a very good device .... not a Note 7, but it will do for now.
    jimd1050 and NopeNotMe like this.
    09-10-2016 03:12 PM
    Do I have to take the phone back with the box and charger? Or can I just take the phone to do the exchange?
    09-10-2016 04:29 PM
    My local Bestbuy told me that they already have the new phones in but can't do anything until the government says so. I live in the suburbs of Chicago.
    09-10-2016 04:31 PM
    My local Bestbuy told me that they already have the new phones in but can't do anything until the government says so. I live in the suburbs of Chicago.
    That's good to know. Now if only CPSC can quickly audit Samsung's fix and approve it, the new N7 will be let out. The only thing i worry about is if Samsung didn't do a thorough fix and is denied, it'll be the death of the N7.
    09-10-2016 05:00 PM
    I had a good experience at my corporate AT&T store. They were going to give me a S7 Edge loaner but they ran out and I had to settle for a tiny S7 black version. The rep even documented my account this was only a loaner until the replacement N7 gets in. I am looking forward to my non-explosive Note 7!
    Same here. At first the person waiting on me at first wasn't sure that I could return my Note 7 for a full credit and buy an iPhone 7+, but he checked his online "cheat sheet" and it was definitely an option. But no loaners after 14 days, so I'm using an existing tablet to make and receive calls/text until October using the Talkatone app over wifi. But others with a Note 7 may not have that luxury. It took a while to do all the paperwork but the local AT&T store was great. They still will exchange for a 7 or a 7 edge, though. They also had no idea when the new Note 7 would be available
    09-10-2016 06:31 PM

I went into the store and said I don't want a loaner phone because I don't need it. They refunded my money. They can't make you take a loaner phone nor can they make you exchange it (says so on their own site).
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    09-10-2016 07:02 PM
    Starting to wish I went to AT&T to get my 7 on release day over BB. Wanted the 256gb sd card same day AT&T wasn't offering but BB has no clue when they will get more in and first come first serve good luck with that one. Meanwhile I keep getting notifications from AT&T and BB to power mine off and get a replacement immediately lol. Going to be a few weeks looks like or even October before all this is said and done.
    09-10-2016 07:16 PM
    Starting to wish I went to AT&T to get my 7 on release day over BB. Wanted the 256gb sd card same day AT&T wasn't offering but BB has no clue when they will get more in and first come first serve good luck with that one. Meanwhile I keep getting notifications from AT&T and BB to power mine off and get a replacement immediately lol. Going to be a few weeks looks like or even October before all this is said and done.
    I'll tell you what. I miss my n7 but the s7e is way smoother and snappier. Something is wrong with the n7bl software. I want the n7 back but I want it to run like the edge. Night and day.
    DamianP and qnet like this.
    09-10-2016 08:09 PM
    I bought mine at a NJ Target then went to FL from NJ for this month on family business. Walked into a local ATT store (we are in the boonies of central FL with no Target mobile for 50 miles) 3 days ago, and they swapped (refunded/repurchased) mine for an Edge 7, applied the ~$85 difference to my ATT account (payment was due anyway). I kept everything except the phone (stylus, charger, etc) and they said I can refund the Edge 7 and repurchased the Note 7 when they come back in stock. All in all a very pleasant experience with no hassle. Maybe they will even have another promo?
    09-10-2016 08:31 PM
    I moved over to the N7 from an iPhone 6. I decided it was time for a change. Ordered on 8/28 and received on the morning of 9/2. After the few messages sent by AT&T and Samsung, I decided to go turn in my Note today. It was a quick and easy process. I sold off my iPhone already so I took a loaner phone and got an otterbox for it, which they assured me I can return to them when they get the Notes back in Stock. He said I could pick any phone I wanted and I told him I wanted something similar. I ended up walking out with a S7E. Although it's a cool snappy phone, I'm kinda missing my N7 already. I asked about a time frame and he said he honestly doesn't know, but I will be notified.
    TechnologyTwitt likes this.
    09-10-2016 08:38 PM
    I am very happy all in all how ATT handled this, of course, I'm not sure how it's been going with the other carriers. The day after Samsung and ATT put out their statement, I went in and everything went so smooth. Very happy with my local ATT. Of course they are all HUGE Samsung fans. They were going to pick on the our local Samsung rep and send a GIF of a jet launching missiles at a Note 7 and explosions all over his screen :-)
    Jona005 and justin1578 like this.
    09-11-2016 07:12 AM
    I loved the note 7.i think the stylus makes a difference. I'm willing to wait for it to come back out. Let's see if there's a new promo that will get introduced to try to get sales going again. Or more free GC with purchase. 😊
    TechnologyTwitt and shaleem like this.
    09-11-2016 10:38 AM
    Do I have to take the phone back with the box and charger? Or can I just take the phone to do the exchange?
    It's actually on ATT's website saying you have to return it with the box, accessories, and charger and receipt. It's also noted that there can't be any damage even though other carriers haven't stated that. My friend tried to return his last night without box and they wouldn't let him. He talked to corporate and they said the store should have taken it back no questions asked even without box but now he's called today and been told otherwise. There was also supposed to be notes in his account and they weren't there.

It's unfortunate that I get an opposite experience with my carrier. No one should have to go through this but if returning through ATT make sure you have the box, accessories, and receipt so they don't try to deny you.

If I had the note 7 instead of my loaner I could highlight those parts

Edit: Not a good ending ATT corporate completely refused to return friend's phone without box. So make sure you have box, receipt and accessories unfortunately.
    Attached Thumbnails AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread-65.jpg  
    09-11-2016 01:39 PM
    All I needed to return was the box, phone, and accessories inside. I forgot to give them back the micro usb adapter back but they didn't even look inside the box. You can bring the receipt if you want but they can check it online through their ipad device that they use. Also your device can be returned no question asked even if the phone is damaged. It clearly says it on the ATT website.

Will I be able to return my Note7 even if it is damaged?
    Exchanges and returns will be honored regardless of condition of the Note7 device.
    09-11-2016 03:32 PM
    How does the replacement s7e show up on each of your accounts? Mine shows as off contract and there is no AT&T Next payment plan charge. Is this common, or has something gotten off on my account? Previously my note was on an AT&T Next 24 month.
    joe likes this.
    09-11-2016 03:41 PM
    How does the replacement s7e show up on each of your accounts? Mine shows as off contract and there is no AT&T Next payment plan charge. Is this common, or has something gotten off on my account? Previously my note was on an AT&T Next 24 month.
    They aren't suppose to charge you at all for the loaner device. The Next payments will begin whenever they give you a brand new Note 7.
    09-11-2016 04:03 PM
970 ... 1819202122 ...