10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 1920212223 ...
tools
    They aren't suppose to charge you at all for the loaner device. The Next payments will begin whenever they give you a brand new Note 7.
    They made me sign for this crap S7 device as a loaner on the next program and gave me the difference in taxes back on my card. I've had so many issues in the past with AT&T that I don't trust them at all. I kept asking the rep that this was a loaner and that AT&T will notify me when the replacements come in. She said that I would need to keep checking with the store. I also asked if they will definitely take this loaner back when my replacement arrives because I absolutely do not want this pos S7. I also asked if they would charge me a restocking charge to turn my loaner in and she said no. Since I don't trust AT&T at all on how they are going to handle what happens when replacements come in, I had her notate my account in detail and I reviewed her notes. I'll update my post if this actually turns out well and AT&T handles it right.
    09-11-2016 04:33 PM
    My store handled it as a simple return. I got a 100% refund of the Note 7 and the taxes, and now I am on a s7 edge. I am on a new next plan with my s7 edge. I can keep it (umm...NO!) or I can refund it and get a new Note 7... at any time once they come back out. I know its a loaner phone... but in reality it is not. AT&T is simply waiving the return policy on the old Note 7 and the s7 Edge.

The advantages....1, I get my $25 bill credit (not sure how the loaner people will get their credit) 2, I have a new device, and qualify for another $10 samsung pay credit, 3 I am the proud owner or a s7 edge, purchased between 9/8 and sometime... so I submitted for my Gear VR for free (the current s7 promotion). At some point I will switch back to the Note 7.

I would bet the Gear VR (or 256gb memory card) promotion is a backdoor way for those of us staying with Samsung to get rewarded. You can't tell me they didn't know those of us who recall switched to the s7 would qualify. ( Samsung Promotions )
    09-11-2016 05:22 PM
    My store handled it as a simple return. I got a 100% refund of the Note 7 and the taxes, and now I am on a s7 edge. I am on a new next plan with my s7 edge. I can keep it (umm...NO!) or I can refund it and get a new Note 7... at any time once they come back out. I know its a loaner phone... but in reality it is not. AT&T is simply waiving the return policy on the old Note 7 and the s7 Edge.

The advantages....1, I get my $25 bill credit (not sure how the loaner people will get their credit) 2, I have a new device, and qualify for another $10 samsung pay credit, 3 I am the proud owner or a s7 edge, purchased between 9/8 and sometime... so I submitted for my Gear VR for free (the current s7 promotion). At some point I will switch back to the Note 7.

I would bet the Gear VR (or 256gb memory card) promotion is a backdoor way for those of us staying with Samsung to get rewarded. You can't tell me they didn't know those of us who recall switched to the s7 would qualify. ( Samsung Promotions )
    Thing about the vr is it uses the micro usb port and if you get the note 7 you won't be able to use it with it....there's a new version of the vr that accepts usb c ....if I'm forced to get the s7edge as a loaner I'm choosing the 256gig card cause technically if I'm getting the note 7 back that's the only choice
    ..unless they are gonna give us the new vr that is backwards compatible but from the pics I've seen its the old model
    09-11-2016 05:27 PM
    Yes, but it's not the taxes I was whining about, it's the insurance complication because three different AT&T stores told me teh same thing - if the "loaner" is not pristine when you bring it back, no replacement with a Note 7 unless you have insurance and can file a replacement claim for the "loaner."

I don't understand why Samsung isn't responsible for doing this as an advance replacement - take your credit card number, ship you the replacement, and if you don't return the original within ten days you get charged for the replacement - no more carrier store idiots to deal with (who try to steer you to an iPhone 7 Plus at every turn).
    I know it's get quite annoying when these AT&T reps push you towards the iPhone. I have owned every Note since the Note 3. When I went into their store and specifically ask for a Note they always try to persuade me to buy a iPhone claiming it's a better phone. I always tell them no it's not a better phone and I'm not average customer that knows nothing about phones.

If a customer asks for a specific phone then just go get it for them. If a customer asks for advice on what phone to get then that's fine if you want to push a iPhone on them. I can guarantee when I get my Note 7 in a couple of months they will pull the same BS.
    09-11-2016 05:31 PM
    I know it's get quite annoying when these AT&T reps push you towards the iPhone. I have owned every Note since the Note 3. When I went into their store and specifically ask for a Note they always try to persuade me to buy a iPhone claiming it's a better phone. I always tell them no it's not a better phone and I'm not average customer that knows nothing about phones.

If a customer asks for a specific phone then just go get it for them. If a customer asks for advice on what phone to get then that's fine if you want to push a iPhone on them. I can guarantee when I get my Note 7 in a couple of months they will pull the same BS.
    Cause they want that fresh sale and commission lol...right now we don't offer anything to them they just have to do their job which is hard for them to get their heads around
    09-11-2016 05:37 PM
    Thing about the vr is it uses the micro usb port and if you get the note 7 you won't be able to use it with it....there's a new version of the vr that accepts usb c ....if I'm forced to get the s7edge as a loaner I'm choosing the 256gig card cause technically if I'm getting the note 7 back that's the only choice
    ..unless they are gonna give us the new vr that is backwards compatible but from the pics I've seen its the old model
    It's the new VR that there giving out and it's USB-C... Comes with a micro USB adapter for backwards compatibility...

Edit: Well the picture on the Samsung promo site is showing the new VR and not the old....
    09-11-2016 05:41 PM
    It's the new VR that there giving out and it's USB-C... Comes with a micro USB adapter for backwards compatibility...

Edit: Well the picture on the Samsung promo site is showing the new VR and not the old....
    Oh ok Good then but I got the gear fit 2 with the original promo so I'll opt for the 256gb card ....Im not even familiar what the VR headset is used for on mobile.....
    09-11-2016 05:46 PM
    So my only concern is if they just refunded me and put me with a sucky loaner phone, how do I get alerted when replacements come in? The rep made it sound like customers who choose to get a "loaner" phone will definitely be taken care of before they start selling the N7's to new customers.
    09-11-2016 05:52 PM
    Oh ok Good then but I got the gear fit 2 with the original promo so I'll opt for the 256gb card ....Im not even familiar what the VR headset is used for on mobile.....
    Did you get a receipt with the loaner phone? I remember having to upload a receipt with the last 2 Samsung promos I participated in...
    09-11-2016 05:55 PM
    Did you get a receipt with the loaner phone? I remember having to upload a receipt with the last 2 Samsung promos I participated in...
    Ahem uhhh I still have my note 7....if we don't have some answers this week I'm going to throw in the towel and get a loaner
    09-11-2016 05:57 PM
    Ahem uhhh I still have my note 7....if we don't have some answers this week I'm going to throw in the towel and get a loaner
    Me too, trying to hold off until a replacement, but getting nervous using this phone.
    09-11-2016 06:42 PM
    If I can get a free VR for getting a loaner plus another $10 Samsung pay. Then there's no need on me holding on to my current N7 because it's worthless..
    kdklein likes this.
    09-11-2016 06:56 PM
    If I can get a free VR for getting a loaner plus another $10 Samsung pay. Then there's no need on me holding on to my current N7 because it's worthless..
    I took a loaner yesterday and got to choose between a gear vr or 256gb microsd card. I chose the vr because I already have a 256gb microsd. I did the promotion on samsungs site.
    09-11-2016 06:58 PM
    Well if we get the replacement before the 21st I can resubmit for the original promo and get another free gift and get me a SD card.... If you want the vr headset then it is a good move and if we don't get the replacement before then I will get the s7 edge and get the card that way because that promotion lasts until October 9th...
    09-11-2016 06:59 PM
    The problem is that no one is being given the same answer across the board. I just went to our local corporate att store this afternoon and was informed that I could either exchange it for a temporary S7 edge or continue using the note 7 st my discretion. They claim they were told by their Samsung rep on Friday afternoon that new phones would be in around the 19th and they would send out texts to all note 7 owners when the new ones were available to pick up and if they didn't have the color in stock you wanted they'd order it and send it directly to us just like the pre orders.
    Basically left it up to me whether I wanted to turn it in or not, but eventually said that we'd have to, hinting that they'd deactivate devices not turned in shortly after they got the new ones in stock, forcing me people to have to come in to get a new one. Yes it's a gamble it may or may not implode but never did they try to pressure me into an iPhone or to exchange it then and there.
    So for now I'm keeping the note7 and not being bothered with transfering stuff from phone to phone. I have my precautions in place just in case.
    09-11-2016 07:03 PM
    The problem is that no one is being given the same answer across the board. I just went to our local corporate att store this afternoon and was informed that I could either exchange it for a temporary S7 edge or continue using the note 7 st my discretion. They claim they were told by their Samsung rep on Friday afternoon that new phones would be in around the 19th and they would send out texts to all note 7 owners when the new ones were available to pick up and if they didn't have the color in stock you wanted they'd order it and send it directly to us just like the pre orders.
    Basically left it up to me whether I wanted to turn it in or not, but eventually said that we'd have to, hinting that they'd deactivate devices not turned in shortly after they got the new ones in stock, forcing me people to have to come in to get a new one. Yes it's a gamble it may or may not implode but never did they try to pressure me into an iPhone or to exchange it then and there.
    So for now I'm keeping the note7 and not being bothered with transfering stuff from phone to phone. I have my precautions in place just in case.
    So samsung advises to turn off and the rep advises to wait for a text on the phone were supost to turn off . Glad we cleared that up!
    09-11-2016 07:23 PM
    If we get the S7 Edge as a loaner, we can get the promotion for the VR/256gb sd card too?
    09-11-2016 07:30 PM
    I took a loaner yesterday and got to choose between a gear vr or 256gb microsd card. I chose the vr because I already have a 256gb microsd. I did the promotion on samsungs site.
    Confused... How did u file via the site when it requires a receipt?

I didn't get a receipt with my loaner and just checked online (not getting charged for the device and it's showing me as upgrade eligible).
    09-11-2016 07:43 PM
    I got a receipt
    09-11-2016 07:45 PM
    Confused... How did u file via the site when it requires a receipt?

I didn't get a receipt with my loaner and just checked online (not getting charged for the device and it's showing me as upgrade eligible).
    Take a pic of your reciept and upload
    09-11-2016 07:46 PM
    Im getting charged for my loaner which explains why I got a receipt.
    09-11-2016 08:42 PM
    Definitely got a receipt. You think they'd loan you a phone and not make you accountable for it just in case? Mine was processed as an exchange with notes left in my account as being a loaner. I'm assuming when replacements come in, the process will be similar...
    09-11-2016 08:46 PM
    I think, in my case, much of the confusion is in the term LOANER phone. AT&T isn't looking at is as a loaner phone. You are simply returning the Note 7 for full value, and then you can start over again with whatever you want... then when the note 7 comes back, you will be exempt from the return policy. Easy. I now own (via NEXT plan) a s7 edge... every penny I spent on my Note 7 was refunded.

It isn't a loaner phone from AT&Ts point of view. They don't care if I ever bring it back. I just pay my reduced next plan price, and that it. Now I personally think it is a temporay phone, and I am going to take AT&T up on their offer to return the device, and any accessories I got from them whenever the new Note 7 comes in. But it isn't a loaner phone. If they do it right it shouldnt be a loaner phone... it is a new device to you that is not a part of the traditional return policy, if you want a note 7 eventually.
    Katrina White1 likes this.
    09-11-2016 09:20 PM
    Im getting charged for my loaner which explains why I got a receipt.
    Interesting.. I'm not...
    09-11-2016 10:12 PM
    Definitely got a receipt. You think they'd loan you a phone and not make you accountable for it just in case? Mine was processed as an exchange with notes left in my account as being a loaner. I'm assuming when replacements come in, the process will be similar...
    Mine was done exactly the same. Notes left that Id be swapping to a note 7 when they come available and exempt from the return period. Also that my BOGO would still be honored.
    jephersun likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:14 PM
970 ... 1920212223 ...