10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    att told me that I would have to pay the sales tax on the temporary phone to get a replacement and then I would have to pay another sales tax to get the note 7. What a rippoff
    You'll get the sales tax back if you return the product. How this is ripoff? Sales tax is imposed by state what does AT&T has to do with it. Also, the sales tax you pay is on the full retail price not the discounted price. Even if you buy a phone under BOGO you'll end up paying full sales tax on the free phone.
    09-12-2016 06:06 PM
    Yea, I have the new Gear VR, and you can just use the adapter, so you can use the S7 or S7 Edge
    lizardchest and justin1578 like this.
    09-12-2016 06:15 PM
    You can forget getting anything useful out of AT&T at the moment. Their computer systems (at least in my region) have been out of commission for hours now while updates are applied. I'm guessing they are preparing for the iPhone 7 onslaught on Friday, so the Note 7 issue is going to be second priority until that dust settles.
    09-12-2016 06:20 PM
    Crap.

I got the Active

They must really have a lot of Efdge and S7s to get rid of.

Edit: I clear as day was replying to a quote about the free VR with your "loaner" phones.

Idk if Id have to pay the $35 restocking fee or not but possibly worth it.
    09-12-2016 06:39 PM
    Crap.

I got the Active

They must really have a lot of Efdge and S7s to get rid of.

Edit: I clear as day was replying to a quote about the free VR with your "loaner" phones.

Idk if Id have to pay the $35 restocking fee or not but possibly worth it.
    Definitely worth it
    09-12-2016 06:58 PM
    Definitely worth it

And when they are like OH HEY YOU CANT GET A N7 YOU DID 2 EXCHANGES LOL..
    I need figure that out before Saturday. Actually right now because of my schedule...
    09-12-2016 07:10 PM
    I feel like a looser. My wife and I are keeping ours until the new ones come in. Our store rep said just bring in the phone, no chargers etc. just the phone. Should have new ones in a week or two, my 256 gig card will be here tomorrow and the wife's fit should ship soon. We use caution when charging, OK I make her stay awake at night while charging JIK. I'm retired and need my sleep. she teaches high school so sleep is not important.(to me anyway) When she starts complaining I send her to this thread. Makes her laugh!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-12-2016 08:37 PM
    I feel like a looser. My wife and I are keeping ours until the new ones come in. Our store rep said just bring in the phone, no chargers etc. just the phone. Should have new ones in a week or two, my 256 gig card will be here tomorrow and the wife's fit should ship soon. We use caution when charging, OK I make her stay awake at night while charging JIK. I'm retired and need my sleep. she teaches high school so sleep is not important.(to me anyway) When she starts complaining I send her to this thread. Makes her laugh!
    Hang in there dude.
    Won't be long I hope the .gov will get their act together and we will have a new note.
    Don't take that long to quick charge them.
    Couple more weeks . I hope
    09-12-2016 09:04 PM
    Very important to know, that charging makes no difference The battery fails when 2 internal components touch each other. That has nothing to do with charging. Your phone could go at any time... or never. Do the double switch and be safe. The numbers are down to 1 in 25,000 which is a lot lower than most people realize.
    09-13-2016 07:20 AM
    The people at the phone stores. Still has their note 7 in their pocket.
    They are keeping them till the replacements comes out.

I'm not letting mine go wither
    09-13-2016 07:34 AM

I'm not letting mine go wither
    I still have mine and hopefully in a weeks time I'll have another one
    09-13-2016 09:58 AM
    Yeah the sales rep at my AT&T store still have theirs , but were telling me that when they heard about the recall, man they were pissed because they Really like the Note 7.
    09-13-2016 10:11 AM
    Does anybody know for sure when they are gonna release the replacement note 7 ?
    09-13-2016 10:30 AM
    Does anybody know for sure when they are gonna release the replacement note 7 ?
    No one knows.. we have no official dates but the current speculation is between Sept 16th and 19th...those were the most consistent dates being throw around by carrier personnel
    09-13-2016 10:34 AM
    I don't have any faith that the 16th-19th are accurate given the CPSC's involvement and the silent treatment from Samsung. I'm using the Edge right now, and it's a nice phone, but wouldn't have made me switch from iOS. If I don't have a firm date by next Monday I'm undoing my upgrade and ordering an iPhone 7+ 128GB. Samsung seems to be in full meltdown right now and have created a crisis they are ill equipped to manage.
    09-13-2016 10:42 AM
    I agree on the Samsung part. They are in crisis mode and the stock took a major hit today. I am concerned that a "new" Note 7 will NOT be available anytime soon, if at all. I don't want to switch to an Edge, but its getting to the point of we may have no choice.
    09-13-2016 11:14 AM
    Had a brief (but useless) conversation with Samsung support:

AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread-screen-shot-2016-09-13-12.33.26-pm.png
    09-13-2016 11:35 AM
    I agree on the Samsung part. They are in crisis mode and the stock took a major hit today. I am concerned that a "new" Note 7 will NOT be available anytime soon, if at all. I don't want to switch to an Edge, but its getting to the point of we may have no choice.
    You always got a choice.
    You are getting up tight and worrying about things.
    Relax.
    You are not going to run out of time.

You say you are worried about Samsung's stock taking a Hit.
    You have any idea what their net worth is ?

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...%20net%20worth
    09-13-2016 11:46 AM
    Had a brief (but useless) conversation with Samsung support:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-09-13 at 12.33.26 PM.png 
Views:	59 
Size:	376.8 KB 
ID:	239322
    Samsung is having the same people that made batteries for Apple to make them batteries.
    09-13-2016 11:47 AM
    Is ATT system still down. For the fourth time my friend tried to return his note (different store) and he was told they can't do any note returns due to system down or accessories. He got a suitable unlocked phone to use in the meantime and they can't even active or give a sim right now. Trying to help him as much as I can.

ATT store even said he's probably fine hanging onto his note money because ATT clerk said Samsung is going to push out an OTA to not let devices charge over 60% soon. I told my friend that was only announced for Korea right now. I'm not sure what he can really do he's stopped using his note at least.
    09-13-2016 01:26 PM
    Got mine at Target originally, but I would guess I deal with AT&T for this. I don't want another phone though so I'll just wait until they have the new ones. I hope at that time I can just walk into AT&T and walk out with my new device.
    This is what I was told by an AT&T store locally that I could do. Wait it out, walk in with the old device, leave with a new one.. 14 day window doesn't matter in this situation, it's a manufacturer recall.
    09-13-2016 02:39 PM
    Is ATT system still down. For the fourth time my friend tried to return his note (different store) and he was told they can't do any note returns due to system down or accessories. He got a suitable unlocked phone to use in the meantime and they can't even active or give a sim right now. Trying to help him as much as I can.

ATT store even said he's probably fine hanging onto his note money because ATT clerk said Samsung is going to push out an OTA to not let devices charge over 60% soon. I told my friend that was only announced for Korea right now. I'm not sure what he can really do he's stopped using his note at least.
    I want to make sure my phone does not get that update.
    09-13-2016 02:58 PM
    I want to make sure my phone does not get that update.
    I agree
    09-13-2016 03:42 PM
    Do we only get 14 days to decide whether or not we can exchange our loaners? I don't want to get stuck with this S7... it's way too small for my hands.
    09-13-2016 05:19 PM
    Do we only get 14 days to decide whether or not we can exchange our loaners? I don't want to get stuck with this S7... it's way too small for my hands.
    I'm told the loaners are not being treated as such... Technically they just switched you to that phone and their is no penalty if you want to switch back to the note.... No 14day rule... But be careful cause all the stores may not be up to speed on the revised loaner return policy....before your 14days are up I would call the store you got it from and ask them if this policy is being upheld (if no new notes are available) That's why I chose to avoid that headache and keep my phone
    09-13-2016 05:24 PM
970 ... 2122232425 ...