AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jabloomf1230

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
AT&T's support phone line and online chat are both totally overwhelmed by this issue. By the time I got to talk to a real person, they told me that I could bring it back to an AT&T store and exchange it for any other phone. Well see. I'll try tomorrow.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
AT&T's support phone line and online chat are both totally overwhelmed by this issue. By the time I got to talk to a real person, they told me that I could bring it back to an AT&T store and exchange it for any other phone. Well see. I'll try tomorrow.

I just spent 2 plus hours at target trying to get a refund. They took the phone back but couldn't get anyone to pick up from att to reverse the upgrade. It was a total debacle. Target closed while att was still on hold and ultimately the made me leave and said come back tomorrow. Utterly infuriating.

jabloomf1230

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
It's an elephant dance between the carriers and Samsung. For example, what is in it for AT&T? They can just sell you another brand of phone. Samsung on the other hand, is going down in flames. They misjudged the US market response and the power of the Internet to force a resolution to an issue in real time. VW diesel car anyone?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
It's an elephant dance between the carriers and Samsung. For example, what is in it for AT&T? They can just sell you another brand of phone. Samsung on the other hand, is going down in flames. They misjudged the US market response and the power of the Internet to force a resolution to an issue in real time. VW diesel car anyone?
If At&t would offer the BOGO deal on another series of phones for our trouble this would be much easier. As it stands now they are only honoring it on the s7 line. Thats where Im getting irritated. We have a budget to spend on company phones and the BOGO was perfect to stay in that budget for a quality phone. This whole thing is such a mess and its completely frustrating to be apart of it.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Just got another text... with the "Urge you to power down your phone" message

Might just be time to do the switch. I don't wanna, but I'm beginning to feel like I should. Was holding out hope for the replacement N7's, but with the government slowing things down (though I doubt it will be by as much as most people here feel it will be)

jjayr41

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Is AT&T allowing full refunds for the phone or no? I'm considering returning it to go back to my Note 4 and probably get the iPhone 7 plus.

Yes AT&T is allowing for full refunds even if you are past the 14 day exchange/return timeline. I just refunded mine on Thursday with no issues and was past 14 days. Ended up pre-ordering 7+ earlier today to give iOS another try. Seems like the note 7 will never be rereleased now that the CPSC is involved and they are the ones who will need to approve the new note 7 batches...

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Is AT&T allowing full refunds for the phone or no? I'm considering returning it to go back to my Note 4 and probably get the iPhone 7 plus.
Yes. This is exactly what I did. Luckily I didn't get a chance to sell my N4 yet by the time the recall happened. I will go back to the N7 when they become available.

jabloomf1230

Jul 4, 2015
Visit site
Yes AT&T is allowing for full refunds even if you are past the 14 day exchange/return timeline. I just refunded mine on Thursday with no issues and was past 14 days. Ended up pre-ordering 7+ earlier today to give iOS another try. Seems like the note 7 will never be rereleased now that the CPSC is involved and they are the ones who will need to approve the new note 7 batches...
Much as I dislike iOS, I'm also going to order a 7+ and just wait until it ships. My wife's Note 4 is still going strong, so maybe I can talk her into a swap (probably not).

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Last night after hearing the official CPSC story on the News, I charged mine to 50%, did a full SmartSwitch Backup and I'm going back to AT&T this afternoon to switch back to my Note 5 until the new ones arrive or maybe even go with the refund if they offer it at my store! I was ready to wait and keep using it, until I saw that Samsung had to wait for our Federal Government's Approval on the fix - NOT NOW! :)

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just exchanged my Note 7 (that I bought at Sam's Club) at an AT&T store for a S7 Edge...glad I didn't have to deal with that J Series non-sense...

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Last night after hearing the official CPSC story on the News, I charged mine to 50%, did a full SmartSwitch Backup and I'm going back to AT&T this afternoon to switch back to my Note 5 until the new ones arrive or maybe even go with the refund if they offer it at my store! I was ready to wait and keep using it, until I saw that Samsung had to wait for our Federal Government's Approval on the fix - NOT NOW! :)
I'd rather pay 250.00 to do a swap than the federal government to get involved

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Did you have to turn in all the accessories also.....and did you tell them you got it at sc?

yeah, I returned everything (original box, charger, cable, etc - I forgot to bring the mini-USB to USB C adapter but they didn't say anything)...I also brought my paper work from Sam's (contract and receipt for sales tax) which seemed to make it go a bit smoother...

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
In a bit of irony, I started charging up my note 4 in preparation for possibly switching back to it. After a few minutes, I went to check on it and saw it was wobbling on the table. When I picked it up, the back cover was bulging out! I pried it off and the battery fell out. It wasn't particularly hot, but it was all swollen! I let it sit on the counter a bit and have now thrown it out. Not sure what to do now. I ordered a new note 4 battery, but don't really want to switch back to my old phone. I love this note 7, but it seems more and more burdensome to hold on to it. I'm also getting a feeling it's going to be a while till new ones are available. I am considering going to the iPhone 7 plus. But I'd really rather stay with a note. Will AT&T let me get a note 5 as a loner?

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
In a bit of irony, I started charging up my note 4 in preparation for possibly switching back to it. After a few minutes, I went to check on it and saw it was wobbling on the table. When I picked it up, the back cover was bulging out! I pried it off and the battery fell out. It wasn't particularly hot, but it was all swollen! I let it sit on the counter a bit and have now thrown it out. Not sure what to do now. I ordered a new note 4 battery, but don't really want to switch back to my old phone. I love this note 7, but it seems more and more burdensome to hold on to it. I'm also getting a feeling it's going to be a while till new ones are available. I am considering going to the iPhone 7 plus. But I'd really rather stay with a note. Will AT&T let me get a note 5 as a loner?

Per the AT&T site, it would seem so:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...l%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM1122948&token=S4WkYhlw

Because safety is our top priority, customers who purchased one of these Note7s are strongly encouraged to turn off their device and exchange for a new device as soon as possible. Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, a new Galaxy Note7 (pending approval the Consumer Products Safety Commission) or any other smartphone, and may also return any Note7 accessories. If a customer chooses another Samsung device, he or she will receive a bill credit of $25 per device.

But I would do it as quickly as possible...not sure if/when they will make those J-series phone the official loaner phone....

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I had a good experience at my corporate AT&T store. They were going to give me a S7 Edge loaner but they ran out and I had to settle for a tiny S7 black version. The rep even documented my account this was only a loaner until the replacement N7 gets in. I am looking forward to my non-explosive Note 7!

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I went to an AT&T corporate store today and they told me I could not refund the phone. how did you guys do it? the only thing I could do is exchange for another smartphone....

Posted via the Android Central App

bskin8

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I went to an AT&T corporate store today and they told me I could not refund the phone. how did you guys do it? the only thing I could do is exchange for another smartphone....

Posted via the Android Central App

Hell no. I bought mine outright and when I do take it back, most likely for an exchange, if I decide I want a refund I will get it. If I have to give them an earful with some choice words I will. That will work just about all of the time.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12