10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 2425262728 ...
tools
    Well, AT&T has received my return. I've moved on to getting an Iphone 7 Plus and will have it monday. I may come back and purchase a Note 7 in the future when everything gets straightened out. When I do get another one, it's not going to be the an AT&T model, but a unlocked model. Good luck to all of you.
    AT&T told me I could only exchange! I'm so confused about this whole thing and anxious, I bought mine online, the store said I had to exchange it online, when I called online, she said I had to go to the store. Some people said they got SE7, the girl told me I could only get an S7. SHe told me she could not guarantee I could exchange for the SAFE SN7 in the future. Now I read somewhere that if I don't exchange it by the 21st I can't exchange at all...I'm not usually one to be flustered, but am I the only one that hears different things every day?

I do not want another phone, I do not want to do a double exchange- I just want to walk in AT&T when I start seeing posts from people getting theirs from AT&T and do a straight exchange, whether that's in a week or the week after. That's all I want- a chocolate chip cookie would be good too.
    09-16-2016 01:06 PM
    I'd wait until next Thursday, go to your local AT&T corporate store (not authorized retailer), take all receipts, and get a new Note 7.
    scottishlassy likes this.
    09-16-2016 01:21 PM
    AT&T told me I could only exchange! I'm so confused about this whole thing and anxious, I bought mine online, the store said I had to exchange it online, when I called online, she said I had to go to the store. Some people said they got SE7, the girl told me I could only get an S7. SHe told me she could not guarantee I could exchange for the SAFE SN7 in the future. Now I read somewhere that if I don't exchange it by the 21st I can't exchange at all...I'm not usually one to be flustered, but am I the only one that hears different things every day?

I do not want another phone, I do not want to do a double exchange- I just want to walk in AT&T when I start seeing posts from people getting theirs from AT&T and do a straight exchange, whether that's in a week or the week after. That's all I want- a chocolate chip cookie would be good too.
    From AT&T website. You will be able to get a new N7.
    What if I already exchanged my Galaxy Note7 and have a temporary device?
    AT&T will receive new Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices on or before September 21, 2016 in our retail stores. If you would like to exchange your temporary device for a new Galaxy Note7, please visit the place where you performed the exchange for your temporary device.
    Show them their own webpage.
    https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1122948
    Jona005 and qnet like this.
    09-16-2016 01:24 PM

I know exactly what you mean. It just depends on who you get from my experience. I bought my phone online at full price. When I took it to the At&t store near me, the young lady helping me said it would be better to return it the way I received it, through the mail. She asked me if I needed a phone and I told her I already had one. It may be just how you paid for the phone, as to why they will only do an exchange, but I'm not sure.

As an experienced smartphone user I try to avoid going to the carrier stores for anything. I've heard all kinds of things, and you never know who you're going to deal with. Most of the agents in the stores are friendly and are just trying to help, but a lot of them don't know a lot about the phones they sell. Some of them however know quite a lot.
    pinkvikchick likes this.
    09-16-2016 01:36 PM
    I know exactly what you mean. It just depends on who you get from my experience. I bought my phone online at full price. When I took it to the At&t store near me, the young lady helping me said it would be better to return it the way I received it, through the mail. She asked me if I needed a phone and I told her I already had one. It may be just how you paid for the phone, as to why they will only do an exchange, but I'm not sure.

As an experienced smartphone user I try to avoid going to the carrier stores for anything. I've heard all kinds of things, and you never know who you're going to deal with. Most of the agents in the stores are friendly and are just trying to help, but a lot of them don't know a lot about the phones they sell. Some of them however know quite a lot.
    TRUTH!!! I absolutely hate going in...i feel like they're more sales than anything, and it takes forever. All I can do is just have patience.
    09-16-2016 02:44 PM
    From AT&T website. You will be able to get a new N7.

Show them their own webpage.
    https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1122948
    But I didn't exchange for a temp and I did this online. Online people told me to go to the store, and the store told me to go online.

I just need to stop reading this forum and go in next week!!!!!!
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-16-2016 02:45 PM
    I bought mine full price at my local att store. Took it back for full refund of it and all accessories, no problem at all. My contact will call me when new ones become available. Couldn't have been easier.
    09-16-2016 03:41 PM
    Well got my SD card today. Now I just need a phone to put it in. Lol
    09-16-2016 04:13 PM
    I bought mine full price at my local att store. Took it back for full refund of it and all accessories, no problem at all. My contact will call me when new ones become available. Couldn't have been easier.
    Just out of curiosity, if you are getting a replacement, why return the accessories? Or are you considering another phone?
    calicocat2010 and jimd1050 like this.
    09-16-2016 05:33 PM
    I've got my contacts at 2 different stores waiting on the first Blue Coral that comes in to call me when and if ??

They really are not sure when the new Notes are gonna start arriving nor do they know what colors ?!

I'll be holding out for my original color of Blue
    jimd1050 likes this.
    09-16-2016 10:24 PM
    My local corporate store is pessimistic about the 21st, said maybe next Thursday or Friday... which is a bummer. Hopefully they are clueless.
    09-17-2016 07:43 AM
    My att store told us yesterday the 21st
    09-17-2016 07:44 AM
    I did the same thing here Nonie; I bought mine full price at my AT&T Retail Store, only I still have mine, in the box, in the AT&T bag, waiting for the swap. I'm (very patiently) using my old Note 5 in the mean time!
    09-17-2016 09:38 AM
    I've just called two stores. One local and one where I will be traveling to next week. No new info has been provided to the stores. I was told to check back Monday, 9/19. Seems that is the earliest day shipments may arrive.
    09-17-2016 11:24 AM
    Just processed an exchange for the 7 plus. So my question is if I don't ship back the note 7 and take it in store, would I be able to do a simple swap for a new one? Kind of like a double upgrade on one line?
    09-17-2016 01:20 PM
    Just processed an exchange for the 7 plus. So my question is if I don't ship back the note 7 and take it in store, would I be able to do a simple swap for a new one? Kind of like a double upgrade on one line?
    ????

Are you planning on keeping the 7 plus?

If you processed and exchange from the note 7 to the 7 plus... Then u need to ship back the note 7 immediately.. otherwise I'd imagine you'll be charged for the note 7...
    09-17-2016 01:29 PM
    Yes keeping the iPhone 7. Well since I paid for the note 7. I don't think they would charge me. I just wouldn't be refunded for the note 7 since I would keep it. In theory two upgrades for one line.
    09-17-2016 01:47 PM
    Yes keeping the iPhone 7. Well since I paid for the note 7. I don't think they would charge me. I just wouldn't be refunded for the note 7 since I would keep it. In theory two upgrades for one line.
    Well if you bought it outright - that's a different story... Yes you'll have 2 phones for one line... Either take it back in for an exchange (non-exploding version). Or exchange and sell, or exchange and keep - and return the 7 plus or keep it two and just swap the sim back and forth between the two phones depending on which phone you want to use.
    09-17-2016 02:29 PM
    It's on a two year upgrade. So ya I'm thinking it should work by not returning and just swapping out for new note and keeping the iPhone when it comes in.
    09-17-2016 02:40 PM
    what a joke just called a Corporate AT&T Store and was told October - I said what about the 21st of September his reply was yup Samsung says so, I said others have already picked up replacements - still says no idea when AT&T will have them
    09-17-2016 05:35 PM
    Contacted a Samsung rep and she said that even if you never ordered a note 7, you can still purchase one of the replacements starting September 21st. -Just in case any new buyers were wondering when they could purchase one.
    09-17-2016 05:36 PM
    And yes most of them have no idea what they're saying. Usually not even the managers are up to date with most things. It sucks, but I would just call every day starting Monday, because they should be getting the replacements soon.
    09-17-2016 05:40 PM
    Spoke to one of the local ATT corp stores today and they said they would in fact have replacements next week but they would not be for sale to the general public yet. Said it would likely. E a couple weeks before they were for sale again. People who have already have one are getting replacements first. Only right as far as I'm concerned.
    09-17-2016 06:03 PM
    Spoke to one of the local ATT corp stores today and they said they would in fact have replacements next week but they would not be for sale to the general public yet. Said it would likely. E a couple weeks before they were for sale again. People who have already have one are getting replacements first. Only right as far as I'm concerned.

That's weird because I've spoken to multiple samsung and AT&T reps and they've said that anyone could buy one, either from Samsung's official website, or by going to your local carrier store. Guess we'll just have to wait and see... 😕
    09-17-2016 06:24 PM
    FWIW, I read on an article and according to Samsungs official statement, replacement devices will be available for those that need them, no later than the 21st, and that new stock will be available for sale by the 30th for general public. Makes most sense to me because most places have waived any and all fess associated with returned devices, up until the 30th of September.
    09-17-2016 07:47 PM
970 ... 2425262728 ...