AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
The people at the phone stores. Still has their note 7 in their pocket.
They are keeping them till the replacements comes out.

Yeah the sales rep at my AT&T store still have theirs , but were telling me that when they heard about the recall, man they were pissed because they Really like the Note 7.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I don't have any faith that the 16th-19th are accurate given the CPSC's involvement and the silent treatment from Samsung. I'm using the Edge right now, and it's a nice phone, but wouldn't have made me switch from iOS. If I don't have a firm date by next Monday I'm undoing my upgrade and ordering an iPhone 7+ 128GB. Samsung seems to be in full meltdown right now and have created a crisis they are ill equipped to manage.

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
I agree on the Samsung part. They are in crisis mode and the stock took a major hit today. I am concerned that a "new" Note 7 will NOT be available anytime soon, if at all. I don't want to switch to an Edge, but its getting to the point of we may have no choice.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree on the Samsung part. They are in crisis mode and the stock took a major hit today. I am concerned that a "new" Note 7 will NOT be available anytime soon, if at all. I don't want to switch to an Edge, but its getting to the point of we may have no choice.

You always got a choice.
You are getting up tight and worrying about things.
Relax.
You are not going to run out of time.

You say you are worried about Samsung's stock taking a Hit.
You have any idea what their net worth is ?

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=what is samsung net worth

mvsmith

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Is ATT system still down. For the fourth time my friend tried to return his note (different store) and he was told they can't do any note returns due to system down or accessories. He got a suitable unlocked phone to use in the meantime and they can't even active or give a sim right now. Trying to help him as much as I can.

ATT store even said he's probably fine hanging onto his note money because ATT clerk said Samsung is going to push out an OTA to not let devices charge over 60% soon. I told my friend that was only announced for Korea right now. I'm not sure what he can really do he's stopped using his note at least.

joe.kent

Aug 8, 2012
Visit site
Got mine at Target originally, but I would guess I deal with AT&T for this. I don't want another phone though so I'll just wait until they have the new ones. I hope at that time I can just walk into AT&T and walk out with my new device.

This is what I was told by an AT&T store locally that I could do. Wait it out, walk in with the old device, leave with a new one.. 14 day window doesn't matter in this situation, it's a manufacturer recall.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Is ATT system still down. For the fourth time my friend tried to return his note (different store) and he was told they can't do any note returns due to system down or accessories. He got a suitable unlocked phone to use in the meantime and they can't even active or give a sim right now. Trying to help him as much as I can.

ATT store even said he's probably fine hanging onto his note money because ATT clerk said Samsung is going to push out an OTA to not let devices charge over 60% soon. I told my friend that was only announced for Korea right now. I'm not sure what he can really do he's stopped using his note at least.
I want to make sure my phone does not get that update.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
Do we only get 14 days to decide whether or not we can exchange our loaners? I don't want to get stuck with this S7... it's way too small for my hands.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Do we only get 14 days to decide whether or not we can exchange our loaners? I don't want to get stuck with this S7... it's way too small for my hands.
I'm told the loaners are not being treated as such... Technically they just switched you to that phone and their is no penalty if you want to switch back to the note.... No 14day rule... But be careful cause all the stores may not be up to speed on the revised loaner return policy....before your 14days are up I would call the store you got it from and ask them if this policy is being upheld (if no new notes are available) That's why I chose to avoid that headache and keep my phone

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I haven't read this thread for a few days. I returned my Note 7 a week ago, and have heard nothing. I'm a little concerned because I shipped it back and the post office is no longer tracking it. It just says "received by returns agent no further tracking info will be provided" I called At&t yesterday and the rep seen no record of me returning it. He said to give it until Friday. I didn't do an exchange and my local store told me to ship it back instead of returning it to them.

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't read this thread for a few days. I returned my Note 7 a week ago, and have heard nothing. I'm a little concerned because I shipped it back and the post office is no longer tracking it. It just says "received by returns agent no further tracking info will be provided" I called At&t yesterday and the rep seen no record of me returning it. He said to give it until Friday. I didn't do an exchange and my local store told me to ship it back instead of returning it to them.

I think you are fine. My recent LG G4 return also said that in the tracking. After some digging the rep determined that that means it was received by an AT&T handler facility and they shipped it to another facility.

After a few more days sure enough I got an email from AT&T saying they received my device.

I think the rep you spoke with just wasn't ambitious enough to keep looking or didn't know better.

I think you're going to be good.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
They probably have it and they just haven't updated it to the main system yet. I've had this happen before.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't have any faith that the 16th-19th are accurate given the CPSC's involvement...
All the CPSC has to do, if they were smart (key word) is realize that in 3/4 of a million Note 7's in China, there hasn't been one failure. "Samsung, you must use the Chinese batteries to send phones to the US!" Done! No testing needed... ahhh, but that's not the way we do things here - we have too many committees, and Test Facilities and Procedures to follow! BS!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar