10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 12345 ...
tools
    Everyone has different answers. I spoke with costco where I bought it on the phone just now and the rep told me from his understanding they will have new units next week and they will just do an exchange as normal. But he also said it would be at the customer's discretion like if the device is getting hot or other issues. So it's a bit unclear if they are recalling all or not but hopefully things are more clear in the coming days and if they are recalling all, I would exchange mine just in case even though mine is running great.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 06:59 PM
    Everyone has different answers. I spoke with costco where I bought it on the phone just now and the rep told me from his understanding they will have new units next week and they will just do an exchange as normal. But he also said it would be at the customer's discretion like if the device is getting hot or other issues. So it's a bit unclear if they are recalling all or not but hopefully things are more clear in the coming days and if they are recalling all, I would exchange mine just in case even though mine is running great.
    The link I posted for Samsung USA right before your post might work better for you since you bought from a retail location.
    moc426, Serkle K and nonie like this.
    09-02-2016 07:02 PM
    Thanks. So from what I understand from that link, I can just exchange it at costco when they get them in. Which I would rather do than mail the phone. I guess costco will handle the $25 credit they mention as well.

The link I posted for Samsung USA right before your post might work better for you since you bought from a retail location.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:06 PM
    Thanks. So from what I understand from that link, I can just exchange it at costco when they get them in. Which I would rather do than mail the phone. I guess costco will handle the $25 credit they mention as well.
    Or you can have Samsung ship you one and they will give you a shipping label.

Costco should do it, but some retail places are giving people trouble.

Samsung is talking about possibly shipping next week according to that link.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:07 PM
    Those that bought at Target or Best Buy and are having an issue, you might want to check this. Samsung USA might be willing to do this.

Samsung Establishes U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note7 - Samsung Newsroom
    No dice. Samsung after 30 minutes says the exchange will be handled through the retailer. Can't even imagine how that is going to go
    09-02-2016 07:20 PM
    Or you can have Samsung ship you one and they will give you a shipping label.

Costco should do it, but some retail places are giving people trouble.

Samsung is talking about possibly shipping next week according to that link.
    Unfortunately direct ship from Samsung isn't an option. According to them.
    09-02-2016 07:21 PM
    No dice. Samsung after 30 minutes says the exchange will be handled through the retailer. Can't even imagine how that is going to go
    Who was your retailer?
    09-02-2016 07:22 PM
    All recalls are voluntary to a point. In the US, you are not requured to turn in your old device. So even a full recall doesnt mean you cant keep your old one if you want. Samsung simply has need their liability by passing the responsibility for the fix to you.
    moc426 likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:22 PM
    Who was your retailer?
    Target
    09-02-2016 07:24 PM
    Target
    If they don't take care of you, I would start with the manager, then go to the corporate office. If that doesn't work call Samsung and tell them Target isn't helping you.
    09-02-2016 07:27 PM
    If they don't take care of you, I would start with the manager, then go to the corporate office. If that doesn't work call Samsung and tell them Target isn't helping you.
    Agree. It's annoying that Samsung won't direct ship. All the talk about helping customers and not inconveniencing them.
    09-02-2016 07:40 PM
    Samsung simply has need their liability by passing the responsibility for the fix to you.
    This.
    09-02-2016 07:42 PM
    Agree. It's annoying that Samsung won't direct ship. All the talk about helping customers and not inconveniencing them.
    Well Target should do it, if not the your carrier.

We have to remember, this is a new thing. This is an unprecedented recall, a worldwide recall.
    boufa and nonie like this.
    09-02-2016 07:44 PM
    I wonder if it's even worth going to target tomorrow to ask them what I need to do. I want no part of an S7 or S7 edge. I do want to make sure I'm in line for getting my replacement device a soon as they have them though.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:53 PM
    Those that bought at Target or Best Buy and are having an issue, you might want to check this. Samsung USA might be willing to do this.

http://news.samsung.com/us/2016/09/0...-galaxy-note7/
    I think I may just opt fort this route. I wonder if they will still replace the device with an AT&T locked device, or an unlocked and unbranded one? I am a little annoyed that it has all the bloat and logos on it.
    09-02-2016 07:57 PM
    I think I may just opt fort this route. I wonder if they will still replace the device with an AT&T locked device, or an unlocked and unbranded one? I am a little annoyed that it has all the bloat and logos on it.
    Might not be able to do this. Someone talked to them a few minutes ago and were told they have to go through the retailer.

Yes the phones would come with bloat and a logo.

You might want to look at a T-Mobile ones. Least amount of bloat and my Note 5 didn't even have a logo. You don't get over the air updates, they have to be done by putting in a T-Mobile card, over the computer or taking it to Best Buy Samsung counter.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:59 PM
    Sorry for the dumb question but can someone tell me how to disable fast charging? Tx.
    nonie likes this.
    09-02-2016 08:04 PM
    Att was going to give ma a loaner until the replacement note arrived in stock but couldn't (system wouldn't let them because I bought ours at best buy). Best buy is saying send to Samsung, BB says it not an official so called "recall" so theyndont have to replace unless your in the 14day period. Yet their return policy says you can return "defective items. I am going to go do a few rounds with best buy personally.
    09-02-2016 08:11 PM
    A few notes for the sky is falling people.... first, as a safety issue, it is 100% serious, however, lets keep things in perspective. The number of units is astronomically small, and so far not a single one in the US.

Second, there is an problem with the battery... battery... battery. At no point has anyone said anything about what cables, chargers, wireless, fast, slow, etc. has been a contributing factor. So far as anyone has reported putting power into a defective battery MIGHT cause the problem. This has not been pinned on USB-C, third party chargers, wireless charging, etc.

So there is an issue, and it should be handled, but you are not carrying a bomb in your hand, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to avoid the problem.... except turn it back in, which I recommend fully. Just do it calmly. This is an unprecedented problem, and an unprecedented recall. AT&T doesn't know what its doing, because yesterday THIS WASN'T A PROBLEM...ever! They are humans in a HUGE company with very complex and complicated systems. Give them a day or 2 to figure things out.

You may now go back to screaming and running around in circles.
    09-02-2016 08:17 PM
    Sorry for the dumb question but can someone tell me how to disable fast charging? Tx.
    Settings>Advanced features>Accessories>Fast wireless charging. Can toggle on or off.
    scottishlassy and nonie like this.
    09-02-2016 08:19 PM
    A few notes for the sky is falling people.... first, as a safety issue, it is 100% serious, however, lets keep things in perspective. The number of units is astronomically small, and so far not a single one in the US.

Second, there is an problem with the battery... battery... battery. At no point has anyone said anything about what cables, chargers, wireless, fast, slow, etc. has been a contributing factor. So far as anyone has reported putting power into a defective battery MIGHT cause the problem. This has not been pinned on USB-C, third party chargers, wireless charging, etc.

So there is an issue, and it should be handled, but you are not carrying a bomb in your hand, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to avoid the problem.... except turn it back in.

You may now go back to screaming and running around in circles.
    There is at least one in the US, and Samsung has said at least 1 million are at risk and 600K of those are in Korea and the rest around the world.

Also Samsung was clear, the 24 out of the 35 that exploded and they inspected, were faulty battery cells.
    09-02-2016 08:19 PM
    Settings>Advanced features>Accessories>Fast wireless charging. Can toggle on or off.
    Actually my ATT does not show this. No accessories option.
    09-02-2016 08:24 PM
    There is at least one in the US, and Samsung has said at least 1 million are at risk and 600K of those are in Korea and the rest around the world.

Also Samsung was clear, the 24 out of the 35 that exploded and they inspected, were faulty battery cells.
    Yep, but read these comments, common to all of the posts... "I'll just use wireless and I'll be fine" , "just make sure you use the factory provided cable" Those statements and all others like them as simply not true. If you have a battery in your Note 7 (duh!) then you are at risk... a very minor risk, but still at risk no matter what you do.
    09-02-2016 08:26 PM
    Actually my ATT does not show this. No accessories option.
    Look again. Those directions took me right to it.

Also... fast charging on/off isn't going to change your exposure to a bad battery.
    09-02-2016 08:28 PM
    Yep, but read these comments, common to all of the posts... "I'll just use wireless and I'll be fine" , "just make sure you use the factory provided cable" Those statements and all others like them as simply not true. If you have a battery in your Note 7 (duh!) then you are at risk... a very minor risk, but still at risk no matter what you do.
    Yes a risk and not a minor risk at all.
    09-02-2016 08:29 PM
970 12345 ...