10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 3233343536 ...
tools
    Got my replacement this afternoon about an hour before AT&T sent out the "replacements are in" text. Returned the loaner S7E for a black note (my original preorder purchase was the silver version). The only thing the S7E made me think about was changing the color to black. Besides that the S7E was, in my opinion, not even close to the Note 7. My AT&T experience took about 2+ hours (based mostly on the fact that the place was full with fools ordering iPhone 7's for delivery sometime next millennium). Once I finally was up to speak to a REP it was smooth sailing except for transferring my info from the S7E to my new Note 7 which took about 40 minutes. That all said, I cannot be happier to be back on the Note 7. It was a long 2 weeks with that S7E.

I agree .. I was happy to get rid of that s7 .. People say "ahh those two phones are the same accept for the stylus" .. Those people don't have a clue.. Thats like comparing a Ford F-150 to a Ford F-350 King Range Edition (yeah I like trucks).. Anyway it was well worth the hour and a half at the AT&T store for the swap out...
    Jona005 and LegalAmerican like this.
    09-21-2016 05:31 AM
    The green icon update was forced on my device. Never asked for approval. It did it in the middle of the night and shutdown my device. When I powered it back on it completed the update.
    duke1231 likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:37 AM
    The green icon update was forced on my device. Never asked for approval. It did it in the middle of the night and shutdown my device. When I powered it back on it completed the update.
    Same here. I had no idea the update was out, let alone ready to be installed on my device. Never got a notification or anything. Just rebooted while sitting on my desk.
    09-21-2016 06:40 AM
    My update happened last night as well. I woke up in the middle of the night to a glowing screen on my nightstand.
    09-21-2016 07:03 AM
    Same here... Work up this morning to find it had restarted and the icons updated.

Mine is still showing the August security patch however...

09-21-2016 07:09 AM
    Same here, they snuck it in while I was sleeping. This could have been a disaster, since I use my phone as my alarm clock; if I hadn't happened to glance over during the night and notice that my phone was updating and waiting for me to click OK on some dialog box, I would have overslept and been late for work. NOT COOL AT&T!
    09-21-2016 07:35 AM
    One problem after the replacement. The new Note7 can't seem to discover my Gear S2...bluetooth is on all around, devices restarted. I refuse to factory reset. Can't go through all that work again.
    I just did a light reset on my Gear S2 then paired with my replacement Note 7
    mediaseth likes this.
    09-21-2016 08:01 AM
    I went to the AT&T store yesterday after work trying to get the swap for a blue note 7 but after waiting an hour they had no more left. Since I did wait a while the rep said that once they get more in he will give me a call and hold it for me so I could do the swap tonight after work. I really hope he does because that would be amazing. I want to be sure I get the new one for my sister.
    09-21-2016 08:06 AM
    I created an account just to give my experience so others can compare as I have done.

I've followed this thread as an unregistered lurker since this whole recall thing went down. I have to thank you all for posting your experiences as it gave me the prep needed to go to my AT&T Store and exchange my Note 7.

After getting the recall I read through this forum and decided I'd take the risk of having my phone explode and keep it until I could do a single exchange for a new Note 7. Boy am I glad I did.

I went to my local store yesterday after work and it was a pretty easy process. They had only done 2 other exchanges by the time I got there so they were a little green, but they made it smooth as butter anyway. I stood in line for about 15 minutes while others were helped and then a rep took care of me. He immediately got me my new note 7 in coral blue form the back as well as a new screen protector even before I showed him my receipts. He set up the new phone and put on the screen protector for me.

The best part of the whole exchange was that I got to keep all the original accessories (wall charger, cable, adapters etc.) AND he gave me all the new ones. I even kept the old phones stylus as an additional bonus.

The whole transaction took about an hour or so with waiting in line, getting the screen protector installed and transferring data from my old Note 7 to the new one. Spent a little extra time making sure I wiped out the old phone with a factory reset.

I couldn't have been happier with how this worked out.
    aggie likes this.
    09-21-2016 08:51 AM
    You have to do a reset of the watch. Anytime you wipe the phone or switch phones you have to reset the watch to reconnect it to the phone.
    09-21-2016 08:55 AM
    Hahha, not me. Just checked.
    wonder if you are still laughing this morning...my phone updated overnight...
    Strong_Genetics and Jona005 like this.
    09-21-2016 09:01 AM
    Anyone seen at Att that they have note 7 displayed for sale yet?
    Haven't seen them on their Web site.
    09-21-2016 09:56 AM
    Sprint and Verizon are the only ones selling it right now..... If I'm not mistaken they aren't supposed to be for sale yet.... Only exchanges... Their gonna end up screwing over their customers that want Exchanges by selling those exchange units to new customers...
    09-21-2016 10:07 AM
    I just did a light reset on my Gear S2 then paired with my replacement Note 7
    Same here. Worked fine for me.
    09-21-2016 10:20 AM
    Me too. Saw the update once I woke up.
    09-21-2016 10:26 AM
    The rumor was late October they were going back on sale, but now that Verizon and Sprint are selling it again, I bet they will be back on sale soon at At&t.
    09-21-2016 10:45 AM
    Updated my phone last night. I'm now the proud owner of a green battery icon. LOL!
    09-21-2016 11:04 AM
    Mine updated, but my alarm still held
    09-21-2016 11:07 AM
    My new Note seems significantly more responsive/snappy than my original.
    09-21-2016 12:34 PM

The best part of the whole exchange was that I got to keep all the original accessories (wall charger, cable, adapters etc.) AND he gave me all the new ones. I even kept the old phones stylus as an additional bonus.

The clerk at my local store wouldn't allow that. Not that I needed the duplicate stuff because I already have enough type-c cables and chargers, but I was a little surprised because from this board, I'm hearing differently. My old phone went in the new box, with all the new accessories, to be shipped back.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-21-2016 12:52 PM
    The clerk at my local store wouldn't allow that. Not that I needed the duplicate stuff because I already have enough type-c cables and chargers, but I was a little surprised because from this board, I'm hearing differently. My old phone went in the new box, with all the new accessories, to be shipped back.
    Looks like u got a raw deal...my store didn't check for any of that ....I gave back the box and they gave me a fresh phone not even opened...I had the charger and headphones in my pocket just in case but got to hold on to them ..
    09-21-2016 01:18 PM
    Was first in line this morning, sat outside 30 minutes before opening. Some guy that tried to cut in front of me was there for a Note 7 also.
    I got the last one.

Silver, note blue, but I dig it. Pelican case and a soft screen protector, looks good. No green battery icon yet.
    Jona005 likes this.
    09-21-2016 01:32 PM
    double post.
    09-21-2016 01:32 PM
    I've not, Nonie, and I'm checking several times daily!
    09-21-2016 01:33 PM
    got a new note 7 they had all the colors at the att store here miami (kendall area)
    09-21-2016 01:42 PM
970 ... 3233343536 ...