AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
he said the few that were done so far, no one went going back to Note 7's, all were switching to iphones. Found it hard to believe, but that's what he said. Glad this nightmare is over and I did the switch. Time to move on.

I bet he said the same exact thing to the next person who was there to get their Note replaced

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Service man at At&t said today.
That the Note 7 with the USB-C connector put a lot of voltage into the phone.
And that there is really nothing wrong with the Note 7.
That people are not using a Samsung Charger that controls the voltage going into the phone..
They are going and buying cheap chargers and Cheap chargers to use in the car.
And the voltage is not controlled and the battery is getting too much voltage causing it to melt.

mellyf

Apr 17, 2011
Visit site
Got mine last night. When I'd called the corporate store in the morning, they'd only gotten one silver and a bunch of black phones. He said they could not hold the silver for me, that they had a letter of very specific instructions as to how this was supposed to be handled. When I called late afternoon to see if the silver was still available, a different employee said it was, and offered (without being asked) to put my name on it. I said "yes please" and drove the 45 min to get there. So glad he held it for me. I would have been annoyed to get there, and not have the silver be available.

joe

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. I called my corporate AT&T store in the morning and they didn't have them, didn't have a real ETA. I was out picking up an iPhone for my boss at the Apple Store across the street so I decided to stop by AT&T since I was there. They had just gotten them in. I returned the GS7 edge loaner and the case for it and got the non explosive Not 7 back. I didn't know it was going to work out that way so I didn't have the box, etc. for the S7 but they took it anyway. The only bummer is the SmartSwitch software kept hanging so I will have to set up the note7 manually. I was able to get my texts and call history and I used the Google backup to restore my apps so it's not that bad. Now I can return to my regularly scheduled life.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
I got mine at the Northlake (Atlanta metro) AT&T Corporate store late yesterday afternoon. After confirming twice that they had them via phone call, I got there and was told, yeah, we have them, but they aren't in inventory yet so we can't give them out. I kind of threw a fit since I'd driven through afternoon traffic to actually do the exchange (for interim S7 Edge). Finally a manager stepped in and got it done. Still setting the phone up and don't really have any new opinions yet. I prefer not to use any sort of restore, and actually did a factory reset before beginning configuration. So far so good, but lots to do to get it like I had it.

It's a Black, 64GB, date of 9/9/2016 - made in Korea, but passes IMEI check on Samsung's site.

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I asked this a week or so ago and did not get a response; however, for those of us that applied and got approved from Samsung to get the 256GB card or the Gear 2, will we still receive this when we swap the phone? I got the email saying my application was approved; however, I never got anything after that and am wondering if it may get "lost in the shuffle" with all the phone swapping due to the recall. Thoughts?

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I just got my email last night stating the 256GB Samsung card is on the way. I submitted my info on August 25th. Yes, even with a phone swap we keep the card.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to go in tomorrow after work to exchange my sister's Blue Coral Note 7 for the new one. Luckily the transfer won't take long since my sister doesn't have that much apps on it yet and all her photos and music is stored on the card. Hopefully they'll have the blue in stock!

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
I just got my email last night stating the 256GB Samsung card is on the way. I submitted my info on August 25th. Yes, even with a phone swap we keep the card.
I already got the 256GB from my original Note7, but with the replacement Note7 does that mean we can get another gift?

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

I asked this a week or so ago and did not get a response; however, for those of us that applied and got approved from Samsung to get the 256GB card or the Gear 2, will we still receive this when we swap the phone? I got the email saying my application was approved; however, I never got anything after that and am wondering if it may get "lost in the shuffle" with all the phone swapping due to the recall. Thoughts?
I still got my SD card even though I returned the first note 7. I got approved on the 29th. I didn't get my shipping details until the 8th of September. By then I had already returned the phone. I just got the card a few days ago.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I had a launch day Note 7 that I returned last week and I didn't get a loaner device as I already had a Nexus 6P and iPhone 6 plus. Since I returned my phone and got a refund do I have to wait for them to be released to the general public or would I still be eligible to receive one under the exchange program?

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I had a launch day Note 7 that I returned last week and I didn't get a loaner device as I already had a Nexus 6P and iPhone 6 plus. Since I returned my phone and got a refund do I have to wait for them to be released to the general public or would I still be eligible to receive one under the exchange program?
I would call and ask I'm sure they can see on your account that you previously had one

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I would call and ask I'm sure they can see on your account that you previously had one

I just went in at lunch and there was no issue. Cancelled my iPhone 7 Plus order and my Next eligibility was immediately restored and I have a Note 7 back in my hands and could not be more happy.

SpaceJamzz

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Exchanged my S7 Edge loaner last night for a new blue one at the Lewisville, TX store...they had a bunch of black and blue but no silver...

Pretty painless process for me...

Elly44

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
I went to my local corp. AT&T store last night at 4:30 PM after work. Received my new silver Note 7. No issues, but it took 45 minutes. Made in Korea, not sure of date. It seems to have no lag or issues that I have noticed so far. I don't have the green battery icon, but it passed the IMEI check with a Great News! I'm in Pittsburgh, PA. Very happy to have it back. Elly44

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I got mine yesterday, but the s... head didn't give a charger with it because i didn't return my old one. i told him i don't have one and that i am using a wireless pad, he said he can only give it to me if i give him. WTF?

Should I call AT&T and complain? or call Samsung? I understand that it's a defective item so we get $25 in return, but what about the time and gas I spent? Not that it makes a difference but.....

Status
Not open for further replies.