10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 23456 ...
tools
    Actually my ATT does not show this. No accessories option.
    On my AT&T Note 7, it's under Settings>Device maintenance then click the "Battery" icon on the bottom left, then click on the 3 Dot Menu button in the upper right and click on "Advanced settings" and under the heading "Charging" there is a toggle for "Fast cable charging"
    09-02-2016 08:31 PM
    Actually my ATT does not show this. No accessories option.
    If in a different spot on your AT&T N7, just go to settings and search for "Fast Wireless Charging" and it will take you to wherever it is on your device.
    09-02-2016 08:35 PM
    On my AT&T Note 7, it's under Settings>Device maintenance then click the "Battery" icon on the bottom left, then click on the 3 Dot Menu button in the upper right and click on "Advanced settings" and under the heading "Charging" there is a toggle for "Fast cable charging"
    Thanks
    09-02-2016 08:41 PM
    So Im charging my phone and pick it up to send a text as I see this spot on the screen start to appear. I instantly rip out the charger and wonder wtf is that. Now Im sure its coincidence but the question remains, wtf is that?

I call samsung and try to request an exchange at which point they tell me to contact the carrier next week. Im back using my Active but figured someone here could explain if this is some type of leakage or what not.

09-02-2016 08:47 PM
    I just confirmed with an AT&T district manager that all Note 7 replacements will be managed by AT&T. There will be no direct replacements through Samsung. If there is an immediate concern, you can go for the interim phone and they will add you to the process for the Note 7 if you want. You can also hold onto the Note 7 until next week when they expect to have replacement units arriving. They have not been told how many will be available next week or any exact dates for shipments, but their Samsung support contacts are telling them that Samsung wants to have all the devices replaced in 2-3 weeks. He also said that the retail stores do not have a process in place yet, so hold off for a few days and then go to the local store.
    09-02-2016 08:50 PM
    Just got this text from att. I guess I'll be taking in my phone. 😯

AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread-1472867438651.jpg
    boufa, SaltGuy and Serkle K like this.
    09-02-2016 08:50 PM
    I like that they said "regardless of condition" they will exchange them.

Edit: just got the same text
    09-02-2016 08:55 PM
    I got the text message just now and was reading the info on their website. I will talk to the local dealer, but they aren't getting my Note 7 back until they have another blue Note 7 to give me. I'm not taking anything else. I'll just keep this until an exchange is available or it explodes, whichever comes first.
    SaltGuy, Marcjcd and indydrummer like this.
    09-02-2016 08:56 PM
    I got the text message just now and was reading the info on their website. I will talk to the local dealer, but they aren't getting my Note 7 back until they have another blue Note 7 to give me. I'm not taking anything else. I'll just keep this until an exchange is available or it explodes, whichever comes first.
    After what I just saw mine do Ive changed my original stance and will be taking mine back tomorrow. Ive got another phone to use until a new one comes in.
    09-02-2016 08:58 PM
    I got this text as well and viewed att's statement on the manner. They say to return it to where you purchased it...is this different for people who bought it on att.com?
    09-02-2016 08:58 PM
    It also says this:

"How do I exchange my Note7?
    Return to where you purchased your Note7 and bring your device, charger, accessories, packaging, and receipts you have to process your exchange without a restocking fee."

I don't have the packaging. So without that I'm stuck with a restocking fee in a recalled device? That makes no sense.
    09-02-2016 08:59 PM
    Love it. Completely agree.
    09-02-2016 08:59 PM
    Just got this text from att. I guess I'll be taking in my phone. ������

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1472867438651.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	238276
    Reading the information on the page linked in that text for more details does shed a little more light, though it doesn't specifically say anything about if you purchased the Note 7 elsewhere (though under the "How do I exchange my Note7?" question it does say to return it to where you purchased it). It also says that you get a $25 bill credit if you choose "another Samsung device". I'm wondering if that means including getting another Note 7, or only if you switch to a different Samsung phone. The wording is a bit ambiguous, could really mean either.

EDIT: I just got the text too. Being that I bought mine at Sam's Club, and the information at the link says to return where you purchased it, I'm not sure where I should go. Based on what I saw from the people at Sam's Club, I'm not real confident they will be in the know about this whole thing. Nice and helpful, just not real up on things (guy that sold me the phone tried to plug it into a micro USB cable they had to charge phones while waiting about 4 times before he realized it wasn't going to fit).
    09-02-2016 09:00 PM
    After what I just saw mine do Ive changed my original stance and will be taking mine back tomorrow. Ive got another phone to use until a new one comes in.
    AT&T don't mention a refund in their statement... just a exchange with some other phone.
    09-02-2016 09:02 PM
    So Im charging my phone and pick it up to send a text as I see this spot on the screen start to appear. I instantly rip out the charger and wonder wtf is that. Now Im sure its coincidence but the question remains, wtf is that?

I call samsung and try to request an exchange at which point they tell me to contact the carrier next week. Im back using my Active but figured someone here could explain if this is some type of leakage or what not.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...e3b562cffc.jpg
    Lucky you on the recall... your screen is failing. Remember the L in LCD is liquid. I had this happen to me, after a very small drop on my note 5. Started as a spot, and within hours, I could not see the screen at all. No visible cracks or damage to the unit, so they replaced it under warranty.

Several things can cause it, but in the end it is doomed. BACK UP NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN... IT MAY BECOME UNUSABLE BY MORNING.
    09-02-2016 09:02 PM
    Just got the text too!
    09-02-2016 09:03 PM
    AT&T don't mention a refund in their statement... just a exchange with some other phone.
    Im not returning it for a refund, just an exchange
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:04 PM
    Ughhh they wont be getting my Silver one either until i can replace it right there and then... it's a hassle.. I havent had any issues yet. But ive seen the pic that Tyler just posted.. my husband just went to bb they took his black note back without packaging etc. Se he's using his iphone 6 plus again. What a coincidence that all just happens one week before iPhone 7 launch... makes me wonder tho
    Denisej and hummingbirdhill like this.
    09-02-2016 09:05 PM
    I got the same text message and read the site - but it DOES NOT address what to do if you purchased from AT&T online. The Chat Bot is swamped and getting no person answering the 800 number. I'm not going to send mine back without a replacement in hand...
    09-02-2016 09:06 PM
    Im able to give back the 7 and I still have a backup phone. Im just wondering am I guaranteed to get another note 7 or will I have to wait until they fulfill the orders that got cancelled first.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    Im not returning it for a refund, just an exchange
    Oh, you had mention that you had another phone to use. I really don't know what I will do... since I purchased my through Best Buy. I'll have to check with AT&T and see what I should do.
    Lucky you on the recall... your screen is failing. Remember the L in LCD is liquid. I had this happen to me, after a very small drop on my note 5. Started as a spot, and within hours, I could not see the screen at all. No visible cracks or damage to the unit, so they replaced it under warranty.

Several things can cause it, but in the end it is doomed. BACK UP NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN... IT MAY BECOME UNUSABLE BY MORNING.
    Awesome. This phone is really starting to become a hassle. Actually Samsung is really becoming a hassle. Im on my 4th S7 Active and now Ill be on my 3rd Note 7.
    09-02-2016 09:07 PM
    Oh, you had mention that you had another phone to use. I really don't know what I will do... since I purchased my through Best Buy. I'll have to check with AT&T and see what I should do.
    Oh, yeah I mean Ive got my active to use while they order me a replacement.
    09-02-2016 09:08 PM
    Check with AT&T and maker sure returning it doesn't take you off a list. You can always turn it off and keep it off.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    09-02-2016 09:12 PM
    Check with AT&T and maker sure returning it doesn't take you off a list. You can always turn it off and keep it off.
    If I read the att site right they will immediately exchange it or order me an exchange. As long as they order it right then I should be good.
    09-02-2016 09:13 PM
970 ... 23456 ...