AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I got the same text message and read the site - but it DOES NOT address what to do if you purchased from AT&T online. The Chat Bot is swamped an getting no person answering the 800 number. I'm not going to send mine back without a replacement in hand...

I chatted with an att rep a little while ago about this. He claimed that I could just go to any att store to do the exchange. I'd like to see this spelled out in their statement though.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
If I read the att site right they will immediately exchange it or order me an exchange. As long as they order it right then I should be good.
Yeah you should if they say that. Some carriers are saying if you return it, the you don't have one ordered for you but wait for new stock.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
Yup-just got the text too and can't help but what wonder-are the replacements really ready this fast? I'm not giving mine up without a swap then and there.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yup-just got the text too and can't help but what wonder-are the replacements really ready this fast? I'm not giving mine up without a swap then and there.
Because they started manufacturing first of this week and it is only the battery that had to be replaced.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

I chatted with an att rep a little while ago about this. He claimed that I could just go to any att store to do the exchange. I'd like to see this spelled out in their statement though.
They did. Its in the 2nd faq of how to exchange the device but it says take it to the store you bought your device.

Rafterman00

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So, is AT&T the only one not offering a return outside 14 days? (figures) I like how Samsung waited to announce details jut AFTER the 14 or 15 day return periods passed for most carriers.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

So, is AT&T the only one not offering a return outside 14 days? (figures) I like how Samsung waited to announce details jut AFTER the 14 or 15 day return periods passed for most carriers.
It says in the faq that they are offering a return outside of 14 days. Its the 3rd item in the faq

Everyone really needs to read the entire page and especially the faqs.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Samsung announced when it happened. They are replacing all phones regardless of when they were purchased. Samsung said those words.

The carriers are facilitating for Samsung here.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site

They are ignoring the 14 day return period for this.

OIMywSD.png

My plan is to keep my Note 7 until I can exchange it for a new Note 7. My concern is the fact that I ordered from att.com. I saw someone say they were told we can just go to a AT&T retail store, I'm guessing that's how it will work. I'm also worried about how much of a pain in the *** it might be to get lucky and walk in when they have a new Note 7 I can exchange for and walk out with. Hope to get this over with ASAP.

If I start feeling nervous about using my Note 7 I luckily bough a Blu R1 HD from Amazon partly to have it as a backup phone and partly just because it was so cheap with Amazon prime ($60). I would rather use that than go to the store, exchange for a S7 Edge, use it while waiting for the new batch of Note 7 phones, and go back to get one of those.

trmiv

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Since it seems target returns are handled by target and not att can a moderator make a target thread like the best buy and Sam's club thread?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Im going to take mine in tomorrow and try to get them to order me a replacement. Ill let you guys know how it goes and what the turn around time looks like. Itll be early because the Michigan game starts at 12 and I dont miss my Michigan football.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site

Just visited my local ATT company store. Milpitas,Ca. Rep said they do not have any stock for exchanges. They don't know when they will come. They didn't know anything about ordering a replacement. I was told I can return for a full refund or exchange for another phone. One rep said to go through Samsung for an exchange. I got the feeling that they still don't know what is going on despite the text message that went out. I'll just wait it out as my N7 has been flawless. Knock on wood.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Just visited my local ATT company store. Milpitas,Ca. Rep said they do not have any stock for exchanges. They don't know when they will come. They didn't know anything about ordering a replacement. I was told I can return for a full refund or exchange for another phone. One rep said to go through Samsung for an exchange. I got the feeling that they still don't know what is going on despite the text message that went out. I'll just wait it out as my N7 has been flawless. Knock on wood.
The stock hasn't been delivered yet, they are building it now.

Sounds like the manager needs to contact their district manager.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

So if I bought at Sam's club do i take it there or an AT&T store.....or through Samsung
Sams club
Dont call Samsung. They told me to deal with my carrier that they arent taking any exchange requests directly.

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
i have 2 blue 7s that are 3 days old , im waiting til they have replacements i think. If i decide to return and switch to new phones, i have a question about the accessories i have. I got the phones from att dot com but cases and screen protectors from best buy, will they refund the stuff from best buy ? The cases can be returned to best buy but the screen protectors cant since they have been installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie