10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 45678 ...
tools
    I wonder how they will handle the bogo deal they had. I put personal line and an employees line onto my business account and used the bogo to get us both note 7's. If I return mine and he waits (got the blue and he doesnt want to give it up until the have one on hand) how in the world are they going to handle the bill credit if mine takes a month or more to replace. And if it is going to take a month Im not so sure Ill wait that long.
    09-02-2016 10:45 PM
    I wonder how they will handle the bogo deal they had. I put personal line and an employees line onto my business account and used the bogo to get us both note 7's. If I return mine and he waits (got the blue and he doesnt want to give it up until the have one on hand) how in the world are they going to handle the bill credit if mine takes a month or more to replace. And if it is going to take a month Im not so sure Ill wait that long.
    WOW - that's my other problem as well - both phones are GN7, and one is a new line BOGO...be gone?
    09-02-2016 10:50 PM
    WOW - that's my other problem as well - both phones are GN7, and one is a new line BOGO...be gone?
    I guess Ill let ya know in the morning when I visit the store lol. This could potentially be a nightmare. Or of course it will go smooth and Ive been concerned about nothing. Normally I tend to get the nightmare version though.
    BustA Groove likes this.
    09-02-2016 10:52 PM
    Don't know the details of the bogo deal but wouldn't it be just a device change? Shouldn't affect your account and billing.
    09-02-2016 11:25 PM
    You would think but to complicate things the bogo ended 8-31. I supposse as long as you dont take a refund and just do an exchange all will be ok.
    09-02-2016 11:28 PM
    I got the text this evening also. I bought my phone outright online, and have other phones so I don't need a loaner. I just hope that as a side affect, my replacement will be lag free. I don't mind waiting, my OnePlus 3 is running nice.I feel for those of you who had no issues with your phone, but at least they're giving you a replacement until the new Note comes in. I wouldn't take a chance keeping it, the problem sounds dangerous. Good luck everyone, hopefully this process won't be too painful.
    09-02-2016 11:30 PM
    To be honest, I think people need to take everything they hear with a grain of salt and maybe wait a day or two so that the dust settles before relying on any verbal information. Everyone is getting conflicting information from different sources and I'm sure these folks are handling thousands and thousands of calls. It's unfortunate that the carriers and their reps don't seem to all be on the same page, but I guess I can give them some benefit of the doubt of all this happening so quickly. Everyone wants answers (and rightfully so), but I think there is just too much confusion right now to rely on anything but their printed word right now.
    09-02-2016 11:31 PM
    Just got off the chat with At&T...Was told to bring note 7 to any AT&T store for a swap of any device of my choice while i wait for the note 7 re-release...And we get a 25 dollar bill credit...But i also asked if there was anyway this could be done over the phone directly through them and they told me no it has to be done in store....When you get a replacement u have to then bring that replacement back to the store and get the note 7 from the store....Kinda inconvenient because then you can only get a note 7 from the store u got the replacement from..What if they dont have any???....Tempts me not to get a replacement and just reorder straight through att when the phone is available ..
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    09-02-2016 11:49 PM
    I got the text this evening also. I bought my phone outright online, and have other phones so I don't need a loaner. I just hope that as a side affect, my replacement will be lag free. I don't mind waiting, my OnePlus 3 is running nice.I feel for those of you who had no issues with your phone, but at least they're giving you a replacement until the new Note comes in. I wouldn't take a chance keeping it, the problem sounds dangerous. Good luck everyone, hopefully this process won't be too painful.
    I feel for those who don't have a backup phone. When I did my next upgrade with a trade in to get the 7 I was still left with an extra phone. Some people did the same thing and had to trade in their extra phone. Now they will either have to keep the 7 and take the risk, get a loaner that they may not like, or be without a phone until the new units come in. While I applaud Samsung for trying to fix this mess as quickly as possible, it still kind of sucks.
    09-02-2016 11:58 PM
    Im not getting a temp phone...Im gonna turn fast charge off to keep temps down until i get a new note 7
    dstrauss likes this.
    09-03-2016 12:10 AM
    My question is....are the phones we replace it with have a new fixed battery? or is it just another in their current stock?
    09-03-2016 12:11 AM
    Also, I got my phone from Best Buy not AT&T, but I got a text from AT&T stating I can come trade it in....will they do it?
    09-03-2016 12:12 AM
    Also, I got my phone from Best Buy not AT&T, but I got a text from AT&T stating I can come trade it in....will they do it?
    Yes they will accept the trade in. I did the same exact thing. Going in tomorrow in the morning to get a full refund and get my next cleared and ready to preorder iPhone 7 plus. What a shame that this happened. This is such a good phone. I'll be back for Note 8.
    09-03-2016 03:50 AM
    I did a pay to upgrade with a trade in will I get my money and my traded in phone back if I decide not to get another note 7?
    09-03-2016 04:02 AM
    Well said!!!! You have to love common sense folks.
    09-03-2016 05:41 AM
    We just switched from Verizon to AT&T because we have Directv and Uverse for home wifi. Gave up my unlimited data plan w/mobile hotspot on Verizon.
    Anyway, is AT&T telling us we must bring in the Note 7, get a replacement and then swap that one for a new Note 7 when they are in stock or can we wait until they have new Note 7 in stock?
    If we have to do 2 swaps that is a real inconvenience having to go to a store twice.
    I'd just rather wait until the new Note 7's are in store.
    I did turn off fast charging. Don't know if that helps, but kinda gives me a little piece of mind.
    09-03-2016 05:46 AM
    This was interesting so I thought it worth mentioning. I just switched from Sprint to ATT on Friday(9/2) evening and from iOS back to Android.
    I was in an ATT store around 6pm to look at the phones and the Note 7 was not on display. The rep at the store mentioned the recall.
    At around 8pm I was on the phone with customer service adding my account details and when I was asked which phone I wanted. I told them I wanted the Note 7. The person I spoke with had not even heard of the recall and said the computer system was not showing any sort of recall for that phone. The order was placed for the phone and the transaction proceeded as normal. No red flags.
    We'll see what the official email says when I get one to verify the purchase.
    If it does get shipped my intention is to swap it for another Note 7.
    09-03-2016 06:12 AM
    That's wired that I never got the text from ATT...
    Ryan Hebert1 likes this.
    09-03-2016 06:18 AM
    So with BB you have no option of getting a phone today if you eventually want to stay with N7 when the new units are available. So I can get S7 Edge... Etc today. But when new N7s come in... I cannot exchange that for a new N7.

BUT. since I am on the next payment plan... I got notice and text from AT&T last night to come in asap and exchange. SO my question is.... Can I just deal with AT&T?
    09-03-2016 07:38 AM
    I'm going to wait it out for a week then go in and talk to someone. My phone works perfectly and doesn't get hot while charging. I don't want to keep swapping phones km hoping AT&T will juts let me swap this one for a new one when it comes out.
    dstrauss likes this.
    09-03-2016 08:08 AM
    I'm going to wait it out for a week then go in and talk to someone. My phone works perfectly and doesn't get hot while charging. I don't want to keep swapping phones km hoping AT&T will juts let me swap this one for a new one when it comes out.
    I am thinking the same.
    09-03-2016 08:11 AM
    I got my AT&T N7 from bestbuy along with a free fit2/watch. I broke the watch within a week and trashed it. Now, wondering if I still can return the phone without return/repay the watch. Most likely no.

What if I keep the phone for now and (if) the battery exploded while waiting for a new N7, who will be responsible?

Just a thought.
    09-03-2016 08:18 AM
    I got my AT&T N7 from bestbuy along with a free fit2/watch. I broke the watch within a week and trashed it. Now, wondering if I still can return the phone without return/repay the watch. Most likely no.

What if I keep the phone for now and (if) the battery exploded while waiting for a new N7, who will be responsible?

Just a thought.
    If you keep the phone after being informed you will be responsible for anything that happens... Samsung did their job of informing and offering immediate options.... I am also not getting a temp and waiting on the note 7 to come back in stock... Good thing is this ordeal has scared away a lot of customers and we shouldn't have a problem finding them in stores or online
    sqa4life likes this.
    09-03-2016 08:22 AM
    If you keep the phone after being informed you will be responsible for anything that happens... Samsung did their job of informing and offering immediate options.... I am also not getting a temp and waiting on the note 7 to come back in stock... Good thing is this ordeal has scared away a lot of customers and we shouldn't have a problem finding them in stores or online
    I am keeping the phone because I no longer have the watch to return and I guess BB won't accept the return without the watch. Unless I pay for it.
    09-03-2016 08:25 AM
    I am keeping the phone because I no longer have the watch to return and I guess BB won't accept the return without the watch. Unless I pay for it.
    Just do an exchange and yes Best Buy is allowing people to keep the gifts. All Best Buy stores aren't up to date on this. They just issued a statement late last night.

Seems from reading, AT&T will do your exchange. Problem solved.
    09-03-2016 08:46 AM
970 ... 45678 ...