10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 ... 678910 ...
tools
    Seems that way. I think the value of the 7 series just went in the tank because of this.
    09-03-2016 10:18 AM
    I did a pay to upgrade with a trade in will I get my money and my traded in phone back if I decide not to get another note 7?
    I think your traded phone is loooooong gone
    09-03-2016 10:19 AM
    Yes I was on next.
    You only get a credit if you take a loaner. If you take a loaner they do it as a next upgrade then return that when the note comes in. To me the risk of a loaner is too high to deal with so I turned it down.
    this is why Samsung's refusal to direct ship replacements is BS in my opinion. Being forced to 1. return the phone (with no back up and no replacement) 2. accept a replacement and wait and run the risk that you screw up the replacement or 3. wait until new Note 7s are available (obvious risks) is simply unfair to the customer. Choice 3 is even worse if they are giving those who exchanged them priority.

The proper solution is for Samsung to direct ship the replacements to everyone so they have no downtime and don't have to go through the hassle of 2 exchanges. It would also save time since you don't have to first distribute the phones to all the carriers. Hard to believe this is so difficult.
    09-03-2016 10:19 AM
    We know all this already but what makes it a horrible decision is if you have any damage what so ever on the loaner phone you will not be allowed to exchange it for a new note. You will be stuck with the loaner.
    So, basically they'll be stealing your upgrade from you?
    09-03-2016 10:20 AM
    this is why Samsung's refusal to direct ship replacements is BS in my opinion. Being forced to 1. return the phone (with no back up and no replacement) 2. accept a replacement and wait and run the risk that you screw up the replacement or 3. wait until new Note 7s are available (obvious risks) is simply unfair to the customer. Choice 3 is even worse if they are giving those who exchanged them priority.

The proper solution is for Samsung to direct ship the replacements to everyone so they have no downtime and don't have to go through the hassle of 2 exchanges. It would also save time since you don't have to first distribute the phones to all the carriers. Hard to believe this is so difficult.
    Absolutely and completely agree with you. Theyve made this way worse then it needed to be.
    ladyc0524 and SaltGuy like this.
    09-03-2016 10:21 AM
    I got a $200 gift card from target for my $50 trade in and I sure won't be giving them the money back. And I won't be giving them the $100 gift card back or the SD card (that I sold on eBay) either.
    09-03-2016 10:21 AM
    So, basically they'll be stealing your upgrade from you?
    Kinda I spose. Theyll just force you to keep a phone you didnt want if you damage it at all. I know from experience how easy the s7 and s7 edge scratch. You couldnt pay me to take that chance.
    09-03-2016 10:22 AM
    That's fine if they keep the traded phone, but I'd like my money I paid. Lol I'm more than likely still going to get the 7 back. I was just wondering how they would handle that situation.
    09-03-2016 10:23 AM
    Absolutely and comoletely agree with you. Theyve made this way worse then it needed to be.

Nothing a big company does is by accident. This is deliberate. They are perfectly capable of direct shipping exchanges. Everyone from Apple to HTC (yes, HTC and godawful digital river) can do this. Completely inexcusable.
    09-03-2016 10:24 AM
    That's fine if they keep the traded phone, but I'd like my money I paid. Lol I'm more than likely still going to get the 7 back. I was just wondering how they would handle that situation.
    You wont get any money back except the taxes you paid. You will get your upgrade eligibility back. So basically you traded your phone and paid to have an upgrade. You wont be out anything in the end.
    09-03-2016 10:25 AM
    Time to get in touch with my contact. He was able to get me this one when only 5 shipped, 2 of which were black. I'd like to risk keeping mine til the new shipment. If he can't help me out, I'll dust off my N4, unlock it and keep it moving.

Last night I charged before bed and turned it off overnight. Obviously not advising others to do the same ;-)
    09-03-2016 10:29 AM
    Thats not a wise decision, read the posts above to see why.
    Also the S7 Active has issues and no guarantee you will get a corrected one.
    09-03-2016 10:36 AM
    I'd like to risk keeping mine til the new shipment. If he can't help me out, I'll dust off my N4, unlock it and keep it moving.
    I'd rather do the same.

The hassle of getting a replacement s7/s7e phone or returning to wait until a new Note7 arrive. It would be better to take one trip.. one exchange and be done with it.

I do have a spare phone I can use in the meantime.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:41 AM
    Also the S7 Active has issues and no guarantee you will get a corrected one.
    Aint that the truth lol.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:41 AM
    We know all this already but what makes it a horrible decision is if you have any damage what so ever on the loaner phone you will not be allowed to exchange it for a new note. You will be stuck with the loaner.
    My N7 has a small crack in it. Plus I'm going to the Active and staying on the Active. I'll use my company phone's upgrade later this year to get the re-released N7.
    09-03-2016 11:10 AM
    My N7 has a small crack in it. Plus I'm going to the Active and staying on the Active. I'll use my company phone's upgrade later this year to get the re-released N7.
    Before you go to the Active you should read through the Active forum. Weve been having nothing but problems with them. From screens magically cracking, smudge stains on the screens, water resistance issues and screens being easily scratched due to the shatter shield coating. Im on my 4th.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:12 AM
    I would suggest you go to the S7 Active forum before making that decision.

The problem with the S7 is not getting handled like the Note 7. It is a fight.
    09-03-2016 11:14 AM
    The link I posted for Samsung USA right before your post might work better for you since you bought from a retail location.
    Thanks. Kelly.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:21 PM
    Might not be able to do this. Someone talked to them a few minutes ago and were told they have to go through the retailer.

Yes the phones would come with bloat and a logo.

You might want to look at a T-Mobile ones. Least amount of bloat and my Note 5 didn't even have a logo. You don't get over the air updates, they have to be done by putting in a T-Mobile card, over the computer or taking it to Best Buy Samsung counter.
    Thanks, Kelly. Sounds like your trying to ease concerns.
    I agree with you, we have seen Samsung's news report. Now let's all try an stay calm and give Samsung and the carriers time to replace the phones and know exactly how it will be handled.
    After all, this just happened, Samsung has said what they plan. We need to give them time to do what they said.
    hummingbirdhill likes this.
    09-03-2016 01:28 PM
    Sorry for the dumb question but can someone tell me how to disable fast charging? Tx.
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    Not that mine is getting hot, so far. Lol
    Is there even a way, since the fast charge charger came with the phone.
    09-03-2016 01:31 PM
    A few notes for the sky is falling people.... first, as a safety issue, it is 100% serious, however, lets keep things in perspective. The number of units is astronomically small, and so far not a single one in the US.

Second, there is an problem with the battery... battery... battery. At no point has anyone said anything about what cables, chargers, wireless, fast, slow, etc. has been a contributing factor. So far as anyone has reported putting power into a defective battery MIGHT cause the problem. This has not been pinned on USB-C, third party chargers, wireless charging, etc.

So there is an issue, and it should be handled, but you are not carrying a bomb in your hand, and there is absolutely nothing you can do to avoid the problem.... except turn it back in, which I recommend fully. Just do it calmly. This is an unprecedented problem, and an unprecedented recall. AT&T doesn't know what its doing, because yesterday THIS WASN'T A PROBLEM...ever! They are humans in a HUGE company with very complex and complicated systems. Give them a day or 2 to figure things out.

You may now go back to screaming and running around in circles.
    Well said. I agree.
    09-03-2016 01:33 PM
    I'm wondering the same thing.
    Not that mine is getting hot, so far. Lol
    Is there even a way, since the fast charge charger came with the phone.
    Edit: wrong info sorry
    09-03-2016 01:35 PM
    Settings>Advanced features>Accessories>Fast wireless charging. Can toggle on or off.
    Thanks, will this be safer to charge slower then fast charge?
    09-03-2016 01:36 PM
    do they have note 5's at the store these days still??
    09-03-2016 02:06 PM
    do they have note 5's at the store these days still??
    Maybe 1 or 2 stores do but the majority are order only. I thought about going that route also but I need wifi calling.
    09-03-2016 02:07 PM
970 ... 678910 ...