AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
I like the note 7 but worried about the screen (scratches and mine already cracked, from heat I think. . Plus I believe this phone lags compared to my note, touch lags, responsiveness lags, data lags and slow to load but ii magine an update can tune that up.

With that said, what comparable choices do we have at ATT for the recall replacement?

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Re: ATT Purchase Through Target

Thats what I found earlier today too... I purchased from best buy, full price, and i asked them what their plans were for this situation, via Twitter, and they said were aware of the issue, but to keep checking their website for information/updates.

Youd have to think Target and Best Buy are going to push this to the carriers since they are basically not really making money on these phones are just middle men. They probably don't want to deal with it.

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site

Thats what I found earlier today too... I purchased from best buy, full price, and i asked them what their plans were for this situation, via Twitter, and they said were aware of the issue, but to keep checking their website for information/updates.

I'm in the same boat as you so I'm just going to sit tight and see what they say, see what AT&T says - and then eventually how this will be handled by Samsung (which will probably do it through the carriers). Too much is being said and a lot of people there may not have the full story. In the meantime, I'm going to use the phone.

J4To

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Purchased at Target also (AT&T Next). My return deadline is tomorrow. I'm really tempted to just do a return and get back in line later, I have a minor display issue on my device anyway.

Only problem is that I rather not forfeit the $100 gift card that they gave me, how the heck will that work? :(

omgitselaine

Banned
Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
No issues here and today's my 2nd week of ownership.

My Note doesnt lag , heat up nor scratch easily aaand I still love the Blue Coral.

Like some folks here I'll simply see what happens but until it's confirmed that my phone is dangerous I'll enjoy every second of it

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

My Note doesnt lag , heat up nor scratch easily aaand I still love the Blue Coral.

Like some folks here I'll simply see what happens but until it's confirmed that my phone is dangerous I'll enjoy every second of it
All phones are at risk, that is why Samsung is doing this.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
I think it is best to just give everybody time. The clerks in these stores usually don't know the details until it trickles down. I had a question about this phone when it first came out and asked about the release of the v20 and the clerk was clueless to both. Not everyone that works in these places works there because they love the tech or reads these forums... wish they would though. Until then, decide whether you want to keep the note 7 you have until the new devices get to AT&T for the switch and use common sense when charging - where you can see it and with original charging perhaps on normal setting - or take it for exchange to another Samsung until the new Note 7s arrive. Not sure about the refunds to leave note completely, but if so another. As for me, I have not had any issues thankfully and hope not to until replacement shows up. Enjoying the phone and giving kudos to Samsung for at least owning an error and using their money to replace ALL instead of just a defective one. Just want this crap over so I can get my stuff reloaded onto new phone and get back to norm. My phone is work / personal and gets heavy use.

Wow... That was a lot of typing on the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 - pre-recall model ....

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

To add one point, it's not just replace. They were clear you could get a full refund as well.

AT&T, at this point, is only offering a full refund if you're within the 14 day return window. If you're outside the 14 day window (14 days from receipt of device), your only options are to 1) hang onto the current Note 7 or 2) exchange it for an S7 Edge, S7, S7 Active. That's it.

The most recent AT&T statement indicates that you can exchange out for another Note 7 if you do the exchange now once Note 7s become available. There's no mention of a refund at all in their official statement if you're outside the return period.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Understood. I didn't realize that since there was no way I was gonna read 50 plus pages of that Recall thread so UGH.

Hopefully we'll be able to get actual new replacements soon !!

Thanks for the FYI !
It is probably going to take a few days for all carriers to get something set in stone, but the plan now is to have phones ready in two weeks to replace.

They started getting phones ready this last week.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
AT&T, at this point, is only offering a full refund if you're within the 14 day return window. If you're outside the 14 day window (14 days from receipt of device), your only options are to 1) hang onto the current Note 7 or 2) exchange it for an S7 Edge, S7, S7 Active. That's it.

The most recent AT&T statement indicates that you can exchange out for another Note 7 if you do the exchange now once Note 7s become available. There's no mention of a refund at all in their official statement if you're outside the return period.
You may be right but the rep told me the 14 day didn't apply and a refund was absolutely ab option. I'll post the chat when I get the email transcripts

Marcjcd

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Same here. NO issues with my phone at all and to run to AT&T now when their in-store employees have no info at all would just be a waste of time. For the time being I will continue using my phone only with the wires included in the box and I wont charge the phone while asleep. If and when AT&T gets themselves trained and prepared to answer each question the same way then I will evaluate my options and decide from there. And of coarse if they send new Note 7s for us to exchange for then ill do that.

Inevitable Flux

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
You may be right but the rep told me the 14 day didn't apply and a refund was absolutely ab option. I'll post the chat when I get the email transcripts

Sadly, I think reps everywhere are all over the place presently. Even with a chat transcript, I'm not sure if that's AT&T's official policy. I spoke (verbally) with two different store retailers... Both indicated there's no refund option if you're outside the 14 day return period, but they'll certainly exchange it for an S7 et. al. I'm going to assume the worst and figure that's the only option.

I'd caution all of us in believing anything other than an official AT&T statement on the matter.
For myself, I just have to decide if I continue using my Note 7 until an exchange for another N7 is possible or do I go back to my Note 5 in the interim and put the Note 7 in a drawer somewhere (which is totally sacrilegious ;) )

Edit: Joking on the sacrilegious part for those that somehow take offense. I'm aware the Note 7 isn't truly a sacred object/on sacred ground even though I might personally see it as such. =)

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Sadly, I think reps everywhere are all over the place presently. Even with a chat transcript, I'm not sure if that's AT&T's official policy. I spoke (verbally) with two different store retailers... Both indicated there's no refund option if you're outside the 14 day return period, but they'll certainly exchange it for an S7 et. al. I'm going to assume the worst and figure that's the only option.

I'd caution all of us in believing anything other than an official AT&T statement on the matter.
For myself, I just have to decide if I continue using my Note 7 until an exchange for another N7 is possible or do I go back to my Note 5 in the interim and put the Note 7 in a drawer somewhere (which is totally sacrilegious ;) )

Edit: Joking on the sacrilegious part for those that somehow take offense. I'm aware the Note 7 isn't truly a sacred object/on sacred ground even though I might personally see it as such. =)
If they are sticking people to the 14 days that's a ****ty thing to do to customers. Basically holding us hostage.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm still debating whether or not I'll just switch back to my note 5 until Samsung and att put out a plan for replacements. I'm a little nervous , but I'm not having any issues with my 7.i don't think at this point it will do any good to call or go to an att store. This recall was unexpected and they probably need a little time to get their service personnel trained on what they are going to do.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
I'm still debating whether or not I'll just switch back to my note 5 until Samsung and att put out a plan for replacements. I'm a little nervous , but I'm not having any issues with my 7.i don't think at this point it will do any good to call or go to an att store. This recall was unexpected and they probably need a little time to get their service personnel trained on what they are going to do.
I'm gonna roll the dice. I don't have a backup. Might even go a little crazy and charge it overnight😆

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site

I'm in the same boat as you so I'm just going to sit tight and see what they say, see what AT&T says - and then eventually how this will be handled by Samsung (which will probably do it through the carriers). Too much is being said and a lot of people there may not have the full story. In the meantime, I'm going to use the phone.

I just left an AT&T store, I was originally in there so my fiancée could get a new screen protector for her iPhone, and I asked the opinion of the sales reps there. They said to be safe, since I'm within my return period, and I paid outright (but really on my BB card) that it might be a safer bet to just return it. They were very confused by the statements published that say only within the 14 day period, since technically Best Buy is the same as a Samsung store, since they have the full setups in there.

I've already switched back to my Passport for now, and I'll think about it over the weekend. If any new developments pop up during now and next Friday, I'll likely follow that if it's in my favor to be walk out with a device the day I return it. Preferably the Note7. Otherwise it's back to the drawing board for my next device.

Posted via the Android Central App

Status
Not open for further replies.