AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samsmome

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
We just switched from Verizon to AT&T because we have Directv and Uverse for home wifi. Gave up my unlimited data plan w/mobile hotspot on Verizon.
Anyway, is AT&T telling us we must bring in the Note 7, get a replacement and then swap that one for a new Note 7 when they are in stock or can we wait until they have new Note 7 in stock?
If we have to do 2 swaps that is a real inconvenience having to go to a store twice.
I'd just rather wait until the new Note 7's are in store.
I did turn off fast charging. Don't know if that helps, but kinda gives me a little piece of mind.

simonduz

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
This was interesting so I thought it worth mentioning. I just switched from Sprint to ATT on Friday(9/2) evening and from iOS back to Android.
I was in an ATT store around 6pm to look at the phones and the Note 7 was not on display. The rep at the store mentioned the recall.
At around 8pm I was on the phone with customer service adding my account details and when I was asked which phone I wanted. I told them I wanted the Note 7. The person I spoke with had not even heard of the recall and said the computer system was not showing any sort of recall for that phone. The order was placed for the phone and the transaction proceeded as normal. No red flags. :)
We'll see what the official email says when I get one to verify the purchase.
If it does get shipped my intention is to swap it for another Note 7.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
So with BB you have no option of getting a phone today if you eventually want to stay with N7 when the new units are available. So I can get S7 Edge... Etc today. But when new N7s come in... I cannot exchange that for a new N7.

BUT. since I am on the next payment plan... I got notice and text from AT&T last night to come in asap and exchange. SO my question is.... Can I just deal with AT&T?

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site
I'm going to wait it out for a week then go in and talk to someone. My phone works perfectly and doesn't get hot while charging. I don't want to keep swapping phones km hoping AT&T will juts let me swap this one for a new one when it comes out.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm going to wait it out for a week then go in and talk to someone. My phone works perfectly and doesn't get hot while charging. I don't want to keep swapping phones km hoping AT&T will juts let me swap this one for a new one when it comes out.
I am thinking the same.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I got my AT&T N7 from bestbuy along with a free fit2/watch. I broke the watch within a week and trashed it. Now, wondering if I still can return the phone without return/repay the watch. Most likely no.

What if I keep the phone for now and (if) the battery exploded while waiting for a new N7, who will be responsible?

Just a thought.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I got my AT&T N7 from bestbuy along with a free fit2/watch. I broke the watch within a week and trashed it. Now, wondering if I still can return the phone without return/repay the watch. Most likely no.

What if I keep the phone for now and (if) the battery exploded while waiting for a new N7, who will be responsible?

Just a thought.
If you keep the phone after being informed you will be responsible for anything that happens... Samsung did their job of informing and offering immediate options.... I am also not getting a temp and waiting on the note 7 to come back in stock... Good thing is this ordeal has scared away a lot of customers and we shouldn't have a problem finding them in stores or online

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
If you keep the phone after being informed you will be responsible for anything that happens... Samsung did their job of informing and offering immediate options.... I am also not getting a temp and waiting on the note 7 to come back in stock... Good thing is this ordeal has scared away a lot of customers and we shouldn't have a problem finding them in stores or online
I am keeping the phone because I no longer have the watch to return and I guess BB won't accept the return without the watch. Unless I pay for it.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

I am keeping the phone because I no longer have the watch to return and I guess BB won't accept the return without the watch. Unless I pay for it.
Just do an exchange and yes Best Buy is allowing people to keep the gifts. All Best Buy stores aren't up to date on this. They just issued a statement late last night.

Seems from reading, AT&T will do your exchange. Problem solved.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I just turned mine in at at&t. They refunded the phone and reversed the upgrade. It doesnt affect my bogo and they will email me when they get a new batch in. The store manager says he'll call me directly when he gets one but we all know that never happens. They have no clue how long its going to take either. Also if you take a loaner phone and theres any damage what so ever they wont take it back when the notes come in so youll be stuck with whatever loaner you took. I chose to just use my Active until a new note is available.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I just turned mine in at at&t. They refunded the phone and reversed the upgrade. It doesnt affect my bogo and they will email me when they get a new batch in. The store manager says he'll call me directly when he gets one but we all know that never happens. They have no clue how long its going to take either. Also if you take a loaner phone and theres any damage what so ever they wont take it back when the notes come in so youll be stuck with whatever loaner you took. I chose to just use my Active until a new note is available.
To add to this, the guy next to me had a shattered Note 7 and they refunded his with no questions asked.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Samsung said two weeks, they started the new manufacturing this last week. T-Mobile also says two weeks, some possibly being available next week. Samsung online is also going to be shipping in the next week.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

Were you on Next?

So for people who are on Next, are these the steps?
Return your Note.
They refund your down-payment and give a 25 account credit.
They cancel your Next plan.
You get contacted for new Note.

My question is if you choose a loaner, how is it added to your account?
And when your Note comes, you do the down-payment and Next plan all over again?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Yes I was on next.
You only get a credit if you take a loaner. If you take a loaner they do it as a next upgrade then return that when the note comes in. To me the risk of a loaner is too high to deal with so I turned it down.

ShiftTab

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Yes I was on next.
You only get a credit if you take a loaner. If you take a loaner they do it as a next upgrade then return that when the note comes in. To me the risk of a loaner is too high to deal with so I turned it down.

What would be some risks of a loaner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae