AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I was on next.
You only get a credit if you take a loaner. If you take a loaner they do it as a next upgrade then return that when the note comes in. To me the risk of a loaner is too high to deal with so I turned it down.
Yeah I wouldn't take a loaner unless I needed it. That will be your responsibility.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
What would be some risks of a loaner?
Breaking the loaner in the time it takes to get a new note 7...Some people broke their notes within the first week with cases....Now people would have a loaner and they won't buy a case for a temporary phone which would make it even worst....

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Just do an exchange and yes Best Buy is allowing people to keep the gifts. All Best Buy stores aren't up to date on this. They just issued a statement late last night.

Seems from reading, AT&T will do your exchange. Problem solved.
Yay. So I can take my phone to att store and exchange for a new one when they have it in stock. Phew! Feel so much better. Thx

Codeworks

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hello, all.

Anyone NOT have their receipt and tried to return to an ATT store? Normally I keep all my receipts; however, I cannot locate it. I am assuming ATT will have a record of my in store purchase that can be used? Hopefully?

Thanks.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Hello, all.

Anyone NOT have their receipt and tried to return to an ATT store? Normally I keep all my receipts; however, I cannot locate it. I am assuming ATT will have a record of my in store purchase that can be used? Hopefully?

Thanks.
AT&T should have it. Been over a year since I've been with AT&T but I've gotten a copy of my receipt from a store, more than once. One time it was almost 11 months prior.

Last edited:

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Agree with the sentiment. Taking the risk of a loaner is trouble. Who wants t buy a case and screen protector? Guarantee for me at least that going naked with an s7 edge will be a disaster.

Seems like the best play is to sit tight until replacements come in. In the meantime if the v20 looks sweet you could just do a full return.

Infamousx14

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Last Friday, I visited an At&t corporate store. I reported an issue to sales associate in regarding my battery draining quickly and heating up at various times. So, I requested a for a new phone to replace my existing one. So, then the manager offered me two options to either return my phone and pay the taxes of $61.85 which will then be refunded once I receive the new phone. OR he offered me to keep my existing phone until new one arrives, but that taxes I will be paying won't be non-refundable.

I can't wait to go back to the same store and ask the manager if he is sure about not wanting to replace my phone.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
After speaking with AT&T yesterday, they are offering an exchange for another S7 variant. Once the GN7 is re-released they will give you the option to re-exchange for the GN7 once battery issue has been fixed. Then At&t will also refund any accessories you bought through them for the GN7.

I'm currently waiting to exchange mine in for an Active.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
After speaking with AT&T yesterday, they are offering an exchange for another S7 variant. Once the GN7 is re-released they will give you the option to re-exchange for the GN7 once battery issue has been fixed. Then At&t will also refund any accessories you bought through them for the GN7.

I'm currently waiting to exchange mine in for an Active.
Thats not a wise decision, read the posts above to see why.

Katrina White1

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
Am I correct in assuming you only have the luxury of being added to this list if you return your phone now?

If I wait for new stock to return it, I'm gambling on the wait time.

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
"Through September 30th, we will return all GN7s and waive restocking fee. The official document states that anything within the 14 day return period no questions asked, but outside of 14 days is manager discretion to return the phone or not. My store is returning any and all GN7s. We returned one that was physically damaged yesterday. I HIGHLY doubt any store will turn down returning one. But the official document says manager discretion for outside of 14 days. Also, if returning GN7 and exchanging for another Samsung phone, VZW is offering $25 off of any accessory for inconvenience."

This was from a personal contact I have with VZW.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
From what they knew, those who return their phones get first dibs on a new one. They will be emailed when they begin to become available.

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm just going to wait it out until the new supply of N7's are in the stores and then I'm going to do my exchange. I'm just going to keep using my N7 in the meantime even though I could use my N3 as a back-up but I am not terribly worried and I'm just going to wait it out until the supplies are in the stores. And I agree that not using the fast wireless charging might help. But I'm also using all OEM chargers anyway.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
"Through September 30th, we will return all GN7s and waive restocking fee. The official document states that anything within the 14 day return period no questions asked, but outside of 14 days is manager discretion to return the phone or not. My store is returning any and all GN7s. We returned one that was physically damaged yesterday. I HIGHLY doubt any store will turn down returning one. But the official document says manager discretion for outside of 14 days. Also, if returning GN7 and exchanging for another Samsung phone, VZW is offering $25 off of any accessory for inconvenience."

This was from a personal contact I have with VZW.
We know all this already but what makes it a horrible decision is if you have any damage what so ever on the loaner phone you will not be allowed to exchange it for a new note. You will be stuck with the loaner.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes I was on next.
You only get a credit if you take a loaner. If you take a loaner they do it as a next upgrade then return that when the note comes in. To me the risk of a loaner is too high to deal with so I turned it down.

this is why Samsung's refusal to direct ship replacements is BS in my opinion. Being forced to 1. return the phone (with no back up and no replacement) 2. accept a replacement and wait and run the risk that you screw up the replacement or 3. wait until new Note 7s are available (obvious risks) is simply unfair to the customer. Choice 3 is even worse if they are giving those who exchanged them priority.

The proper solution is for Samsung to direct ship the replacements to everyone so they have no downtime and don't have to go through the hassle of 2 exchanges. It would also save time since you don't have to first distribute the phones to all the carriers. Hard to believe this is so difficult.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
We know all this already but what makes it a horrible decision is if you have any damage what so ever on the loaner phone you will not be allowed to exchange it for a new note. You will be stuck with the loaner.

So, basically they'll be stealing your upgrade from you?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

this is why Samsung's refusal to direct ship replacements is BS in my opinion. Being forced to 1. return the phone (with no back up and no replacement) 2. accept a replacement and wait and run the risk that you screw up the replacement or 3. wait until new Note 7s are available (obvious risks) is simply unfair to the customer. Choice 3 is even worse if they are giving those who exchanged them priority.

The proper solution is for Samsung to direct ship the replacements to everyone so they have no downtime and don't have to go through the hassle of 2 exchanges. It would also save time since you don't have to first distribute the phones to all the carriers. Hard to believe this is so difficult.
Absolutely and completely agree with you. Theyve made this way worse then it needed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
muejnkfabet