AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmoney

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

thanks TylerLV76

Not sure what to do. Phone has been so amazing..

I have nexus 5x and iphone se but just don't want to do it..

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

thanks TylerLV76

Not sure what to do. Phone has been so amazing..

I have nexus 5x and iphone se but just don't want to do it..
You really should return it sooner than later if you have a backup device. My store is creating a que so folks like us get priority when new devices come in. Its a headache and I hated to return mine but Im 2nd in line and I have a backup phone.

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
If you bought a note 7 through a private sale Samsung is saying to bad! Att won't take the return because you didn't buy it from them and said to contact Samsung and Samsung says get a hold of the person. You bought it from and they have ti return it. What about people who traded or the ones who can't get ahold of the original purchaser? Well they said there's nothing they can do at this point! If I buy a car from a private seller and there's a safety recall it doesn't matter where I got the catr from all that matters is I have that specific car. Samsung says it doesn't matter. They have no plan on place for private sales

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
If you bought a note 7 through a private sale Samsung is saying to bad! Att won't take the return because you didn't buy it from them and said to contact Samsung and Samsung says get a hold of the person. You bought it from and they have ti return it. What about people who traded or the ones who can't get ahold of the original purchaser? Well they said there's nothing they can do at this point! If I buy a car from a private seller and there's a safety recall it doesn't matter where I got the catr from all that matters is I have that specific car. Samsung says it doesn't matter. They have no plan on place for private sales
Your correct about that. The only option you have if you cant reach the buyer is wait for Samsung to start exchanging units directly. That day will come, hopefully sooner than later. They seem to be starting with passing the buck to carriers but they cant do that forever.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes they will accept the trade in. I did the same exact thing. Going in tomorrow in the morning to get a full refund and get my next cleared and ready to preorder iPhone 7 plus. What a shame that this happened. This is such a good phone. I'll be back for Note 8.

You took a Note 7 purchased from bestbuy and returned to an ATT store?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think they will eventually address this.

The difference here is there is no official recall, but a voluntary recall, so laws and government aren't involved. Samsung is volunteering to recall and replace.

You might want to get the phone number of the office of the President. You will have to leave a message but they will get back to you.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

And here is exactly why I declined the loaner. Friend in NY's son had a note 7. He exchanged it this morning and took the loaner (s7 edge). They called to tell me they did the exchange and I explained why I didnt take the loaner. Just hung up with my friend again where he tells me his son took the phone to work and while loading stock at Trader Joes he hit the phone on a steel plate and cracked the back glass. He didnt want to spend money on a case for a loaner phone so it was naked in his pocket. At&t told them since they had insurance they can pay the deductible to have it replaced but they will be ineligible to exchange the device for a note 7. Unless they can find a person to change their stance he is now stuck with an s7 edge. He had the loaner for 5 hours.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

And here is exactly why I declined the loaner. Friend in NY's son had a note 7. He exchanged it this morning and took the loaner (s7 edge). They called to tell me they did the exchange and I explained why I didnt take the loaner. Just hung up with my friend again where he tells me his son took the phone to work and while loading stock at Trader Joes he hit the phone on a steel plate and cracked the back glass. He didnt want to spend money on a case for a loaner phone so it was naked in his pocket. At&t told them since they had insurance they can pay the deductible to have it replaced but they will be ineligible to exchange the device for a note 7. Unless they can find a person to change their stance he is now stuck with an s7 edge. He had the loaner for 5 hours.
If they replace the glass they should be able to exchange then.

Might be better to send it to Samsung to replace it and not use insurance..

iDrummer3

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
I sent mine back to ATT today. Luckily I procrastinated in selling my iP6+ and Apple Watch. I'm just waiting on my refund and plan on preordering the iP7+ next week.

Viscomi4444

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site

So he cant pay to get the edge fixed and the exchange if for note 7 ?

dohlo

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
So I just went into my local Best Buy (Santa Rosa, CA for anyone who might be in my area and purchased it there) they just told me that when new units are in stock, I get mine exchanged for a brand new unit through them directly. The two people I talked to hadn't done any exchanges yet obviously, but they seemed fairly confident that it's as simple as that. We'll find out next week I suppose when they hopefully show up in store

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

I didnt think about that. Ill let them know.
Tell them just to fix it and don't mention anything. It is fixed to factory specifications. AT&T will just use these for refurbs. Samsung will also check it top to bottom. It will probably be the best refurb that AT&T gives to someone for a warranty exchange.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Our local corporate store didn't have the option of a return and get priority on replacement. If you return without taking the loaner or choosing anothe smartphone, you just get a refund and you Next trade-up is reset to where it was before you bought the Note 7.

MikezDroid

Jun 22, 2015
Visit site
What's the time frame on this? They mention after the 14 days. I'm still in the 14 days. Can I hold on do this until they have the new Note 7?

skullsgrl84

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site

Hi I have a question for you guys who have the Note 7 on AT&T. Does the note 7 have wifi calling? If so can you call/text anyone ? I was looking at the s7 active and AT&T told me it has wifi calling but only to other Samsung phones. Which won't work for me since I have friends with iPhones and other android phones.

So can you call text anyone with wifi calling on the AT&T note 7 not just other Samsung phones. ??

Bfalba3

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
But they should have a plan in place. This ain't a foggy screen or a busted hheadphone jack this is a potentially dangerous problem. Thank goodness I recorded all of my calls with them so if something happens in the mean time I have proof I tried to exchange my phone and n one would take it. My attorney will eat this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
armeniomanuel