AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Hi I have a question for you guys who have the Note 7 on AT&T. Does the note 7 have wifi calling? If so can you call/text anyone ? I was looking at the s7 active and AT&T told me it has wifi calling but only to other Samsung phones. Which won't work for me since I have friends with iPhones and other android phones.
So can you call text anyone with wifi calling on the AT&T note 7 not just other Samsung phones. ??

All of the 7 line have Wi-Fi calling. You cN use it to call any number, not just other Samung phones.

WiFi_Joe

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site

So ATT/Samsung expects you to get a loaner phone without a case and for the device to come back undamage????? unbelievable!!!

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I already swapped my N7 for an Active and I did add a tempered glass protector at a discounted rate. I will definetly check the threads about S7 Actives issues mainly because I'm considering it as a permanent replacement. This battery life is amazing and I don't have to be careful what surface I put it on.

I'm not so sure the doom and gloom predictions about getting stuck with your loaner but I will defintely be finding out. I have the luxury of returning this device and just using my work phone.

Also, you darn tootin' Samsung better send my 256GB memory card.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

So ATT/Samsung expects you to get a loaner phone without a case and for the device to come back undamage????? unbelievable!!!
Yep that's what they expect. The att rep made sure to tell me this. He also made sure to say that this was a Samsung problem and not an att problem. So basically any out of pocket expenses you incur are not an att problem.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

I already swapped my N7 for an Active and I did add a tempered glass protector at a discounted rate. I will definetly check the threads about S7 Actives issues mainly because I'm considering it as a permanent replacement. This battery life is amazing and I don't have to be careful what surface I put it on.

I'm not so sure the doom and gloom predictions about getting stuck with your loaner but I will defintely be finding out. I have the luxury of returning this device and just using my work phone.

Also, you darn tootin' Samsung better send my 256GB memory card.
Put your Active in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. If the camera clouds or the home button starts acting up youve got a bum phone and At&t will send you a new one. After that watch out for the screen to mysteriously shatter near the home button. I have a feeling its heat being trapped under the polymer screen protector but so far nobody knows for sure.

Only do the water if you plan on keeping the phone because there is a HUGE chance it will fail.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

Put your Active in a bowl of water for 5 minutes. If the camera clouds or the home button starts acting up youve got a bum phone and At&t will send you a new one. After that watch out for the screen to mysteriously shatter near the home button. I have a feeling its heat being trapped under the polymer screen protector but so far nobody knows for sure.

Only do the water if you plan on keeping the phone because there is a HUGE chance it will fail.

Uhh, no?

It appears my Active was made before Samsung made improvements, I prefer to not take any chances. Now I'm trying to figure out what case to get for a Note 7, and get my 64GB back.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site

Uhh, no?

It appears my Active was made before Samsung made improvements, I prefer to not take any chances. Now I'm trying to figure out what case to get for a Note 7, and get my 64GB back.
Lol awww come on have a lil faith lol. The active was a disaster imo. But seriously what I told you to do is exactly what At&t has instructed us Active owners to do to verify the device functions properly. Kinda crazy when a company tells you to destroy a phone because they arent sure it was built right.

Check out the supcase unicorn beetle pro. Awesome slim and protective case.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Uhh, no?

Yeah I would take that back, you don't want any accidental damage.

It is ridiculous that AT&T is still selling those and hasn't pulled them and shipped them back to Samsung.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I hope you're not serious
Yeah I hope he is too. He can't have a phone for a couple of weeks without damaging it? lol He is lucky AT&T is even giving him a loaner phone because they don't have to do that. Does he expect a screen protector too? lol

BustA Groove

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't AT&T have a return policy on purchased accessories if they are returned within a certain time period?

I returned my note 7 today through the AT&T store where I purchased the phone.. I decided to get the galaxy edge 7 as the loaner phone.. for the most part the exchange was painless.. however... the sales rep new nothing of how the process would be when the new note 7s are in. I repeatedly told them I would like the new note 7 when they arrive. I was not added to any list or anything like that. AND.. I had to get an s7 edge case with my own money. Since it's would be frowned upon to try to return a scratched loaner phone. I kinda think they should have took care of the case as well
Hope the new notes come in soon. The S7 edge is nice.. but it's NOT my Note 7.

Dominick079

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
Doesn't AT&T have a return policy on purchased accessories if they are returned within a certain time period?

Yes you have 14 days to return accessories. Personally I wouldn't of purchase a case and just of been extremely careful with the device. If I did purchase a case I would of bought the cheapest one they sell just in case the new Notes aren't in 14 days after I bought the case. They aren't required to give you a loaner phone and definitely shouldn't have to give you a case with it also. It's really not hard to keep your phone in perfect condition for a few weeks. On top of that they are already giving you a $25 bill credit.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
Okay, so I got my IPhone 6s Plus on the 2nd, and have until the 16th to return it. Really want my Note 7 device. I hope they send out new ones this week or next week.

chuco35

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
For all interested, costco has a bunch of question/answers. Seems they provided the most detail. I bought it from costco and I am waiting for the new units to exchange.

http://membershipwireless.com/assets/costco/docs/note7recall.pdf

It mentions that Samsung will give defective device owners priority on the new devices once they are available for sale. How do we get on the waiting list, especially if we hold on to our phones until the new ones are available?

Status
Not open for further replies.