AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I called a At&t corporate Store.
They said they didn't have a waiting list to get on.
They don't even know when the phones will come in.
Guess they are waiting on corporate to let them know.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
And you know this exactly how? Not saying you're wrong, but until I see it written in an AT&T official statement somewhere I just can't believe it.
Saturday I was told by our business rep after he receievd word from his supervisor. This was later confirmed by calling At&t direct. This is just the information Ive been given by 2 sources so Im hoping it is correct.

jimd1050

Champion
Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't want a different phone. I want a Note 7. In my opinion, I should be able to exchange my current Note 7 for a new one when they are available from AT&T ...no matter how long it takes before they receive them!

That's another reason why I dont want a temp phone...i dont wanna haggle with uninformed store personnel...I rather just call AT&T directly when they have them and ship it straight to me
My AT&T Store Rep told me I could do either - swap for an S7 Edge then swap for the Note 7 when they arrive or just hang on to my Note 7 and just keep an eye on it when I charge it, until the new ones arrive. I'm doing the latter... no sense changing all my data over to another phone twice in two or three weeks!

sdardoin

Oct 8, 2014
Visit site
For what its worth, you can pick up an S7 Edge Body Glove case for $5-10 from Walmart. Thats what I did until the Note7's are available again.

jqwz

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I went to the local AT&T store on Sunday. They told me that since I had purchased my Note 7 outright from AT&T then they could not give me an interim phone. Any phone I got would be like a regular purchase with 30 days to exchange or return it.

I kept the Note 7 for now and just got a microsim card so I can use my LG G4 until Replacement Note 7s are available. I will try to exchange it for a good one then.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
So I've been away from this thread for a few days. My weekend was filled up all the days, and I didn't get a chance to go to the AT&t store. I just skimmed through the last few pages, so a similar situation to mine may have been covered. I went to my local At&t store after looking up my account, the young lady helping said it would be better to ship my phone back with the return label provided, since I bought it online.

I paid for my phone outright and am past my 14 day return window. The rep told me I can return it for a full refund, and just wait for the New Note's to come out. I really like this phone a lot, other than the stutter/lag experience. I'll just sit back and wait to see what the Iphone 7+ is like but I think I will still want a Note 7. This is usually the version of Iphone I go for, a step up in version number; and I never get the S models. I wasn't going to get one this year but this situation has left an opening.

omidnaseri1

Sep 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: ATT Purchase Through Target

don't worry - you'll be able to exchange for a new Note 7 - this is from the updated ATT press release: "Customers will be also able to exchange that interim device for a new Note 7 in the future. That process will be shared as soon as it is available." Meaning you could also get an interim device and then exchange for a new Note 7.

I returned my note 7 that I originally bought from Best Buy to the AT&T store and got the Galaxy s7 edge as an interim device. They said I can return my S7 edge once new note 7 is available.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
My AT&T Store Rep told me I could do either - swap for an S7 Edge then swap for the Note 7 when they arrive or just hang on to my Note 7 and just keep an eye on it when I charge it, until the new ones arrive. I'm doing the latter... no sense changing all my data over to another phone twice in two or three weeks!

Agreed. I went to my AT&T store today, mainly to show the manager that I spoke to yesterday that he had given me incorrect information. Turns out that I can trade my current Note 7 for a new one when they are available. That is what I'm going to do. Oh, by the way, I was told that there is no way for them to let me know when they are available. There is no contact waiting list at this particular store.

Ranger Danger

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
Returned my Note 7 to a local AT&T store on Sept 2nd. I did not have a functional back up at home so I got a 6s plus. They charged me the taxes and whatnot as if I had purchased an iPhone in the first place. I ended up getting a cheap case too, as I plan on returning the 6s plus as soon as the "new" Note 7s come out. Hopefully its within the 14 day return policy, Sept 16th. If not I have been assured it doesn't matter, they will take back the 6s plus whenever the Note 7s are back in stores.
I'm a bit undecided as of now. Been an iPhone guy for a long time and may hold on to the "new" Note 7 until I figure out what Apple will be offering in their new iPhone 7 plus. The AT&T rep I just chatted with also assured me when I do get the new Note 7, I'll have another 14 days to return it.
I really liked the Note 7, however, there was a bit more lag than what I wanted, the battery ran hot and I got awful battery life to boot. Hmmm, decisions, decisions.......

jmoney

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
I didn't have any heating issues with my note 7

I used package disabler and disabled a bunch of crapware.

It was running quite smooth.

I went into at&t yesterday and there manager wasn't there so they couldn't handle the transaction.

Went back today and it was pretty smooth.

returned for s7 edge
set it up today, took awhile and it got hot, but seems back to snuff.

Planning on getting new note 7 when available, ? is when. miss that bad boy.

I was thinking of not trading in but kept reading the horrible reports so it wasn't worth the risk to my family.

interestingly I got the last black s7 edge loaner, has gone through two big software updates.

I think they make some stellar phones, and they push the industry forward. I have a bunch of iphones, sold a few just have an se as a backup and I usually take it to the gym cause it's smaller and easier to handle (less prone to breaking)

but the note 7 is the perfect phone for me. Especially s pen/s note

the waiting begins.. but safe waiting.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
You might have to be more patient than most, for there to be a resolution eventually.

If it comes down to it, maybe the seller can call and set something up.

I think on the end Samsung will do something about this because there are a lot of phones sold individually, on Swappa, eBay, etc.

This is why Consumer Reports has been going ballistic about not involving the CPSC in the recall. There are so many different commercial and third party sellers, and once these get into private hands they need to be recovered regardless which seller is involved. Samsung can't look the other way because you bought it on eBay, or from a friend, or in a back alley. Hopefully those of us who bought heads up from a carrier get the first shipment of new units before too long.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Went to ATT store today to return my N7. I got my money back and the guy was trying to talk me into a S7 but I refused I just reactivated my LG G3. I asked when new Notes 7 were coming in or if there was a list I could be put on to alert me when new phones came in and he told me no. That it could take from next week to 2 months from now lol.. He was like just keep checking the internet and keep calling in. Oh well. I rather wait than have a malfunction on the N7

I know it's early yet, but that's the same gibberish I got from our local corporate store. I asked why they didn't at least start a waiting list, and they got this deer in the headlights look like - "duh, we never thought of that, we'll have to talk about it next week." My gut tells me it may be Halloween before I see a replacement for our two Coral Blues, and by then the CPSC will get involved and the feds will reduce replacements to a crawl.

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I still haven't heard of any time frame wrapped around this recall.

Is there a cut off date as to when we can return or exchange our Note 7 for a replacement?

It sounds like straight returns are out of the question if you are outside of your states return period.

How long do we have before we cannot exchange our device?

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Was anyone able to get their new Note 7?
I just went to AT&T and was told they did not have them yet and they are not sure when they will get them

Ranger Danger

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
I just called Samsung. The rep told me that AT&T stores will have the new Note 7s on Monday. I pressed him on this, he assured me they'd be in stock on Monday. I have heard so many different things since this recall, I'll believe it when I see it. It's worth noting, I called my local AT&T store just prior to calling Samsung, and the employee I spoke with told me they would not be sold till October, lol! Sheesh, this is ridiculous.

Last edited:

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
A blue Note 7 I ordered for an employee came in today. Imagine his disappointment when I showed it to him and told him it had to go back. He's been up north all weekend and didnt get the news that it had been recalled. Poor guy lol.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I just called Samsung. The rep told me that AT&T stores will have the new Note 7s on Monday. I pressed him on this, he assured me they'd be in stock on Monday. I have heard so many different things since this recall, I'll believe it when I see it. It's worth noting, I called my local AT&T store just prior to calling Samsung, and the employee I spoke with told me they would not be sold till October, lol! Sheesh, this is ridiculous.

Did they say why? Is it because they won't be available until then? Is it because AT&T wants to push the new IPhone? (Just kidding folks) I'm just curious as to why you were told that. I've noticed that all the different AT&T stores do not seem to be on the same page. There really seems to be a lack of coordination in their company.

Status
Not open for further replies.