AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dstrauss

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Don't you get your taxes BACK on your initial Note 7 when you turned it in, and then again on the s7e when you switch back to the new Note 7's?

Yes, but it's not the taxes I was whining about, it's the insurance complication because three different AT&T stores told me teh same thing - if the "loaner" is not pristine when you bring it back, no replacement with a Note 7 unless you have insurance and can file a replacement claim for the "loaner."

I don't understand why Samsung isn't responsible for doing this as an advance replacement - take your credit card number, ship you the replacement, and if you don't return the original within ten days you get charged for the replacement - no more carrier store idiots to deal with (who try to steer you to an iPhone 7 Plus at every turn).

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but it's not the taxes I was whining about, it's the insurance complication because three different AT&T stores told me teh same thing - if the "loaner" is not pristine when you bring it back, no replacement with a Note 7 unless you have insurance and can file a replacement claim for the "loaner."

I don't understand why Samsung isn't responsible for doing this as an advance replacement - take your credit card number, ship you the replacement, and if you don't return the original within ten days you get charged for the replacement - no more carrier store idiots to deal with (who try to steer you to an iPhone 7 Plus at every turn).

I completely agree with this. Samsung is making this difficult on everyone and it's deliberate. They are more than capable of overnighting these phones to consumers based on IMEI checks with credit card holds. This needs to happen. ATT is last company on earth equipped to deal with something like this as confirmed by the mass confusion and misinformation that persists more than a week into this. And the trade thing is a total trap. I have no doubt that swapping the "loaners" is going to be an even bigger PIA than getting a replacement N7. Just imagine ATT checking these things for scratches etc. Samsung's "loaner" program is a joke. For me, I have no back up and am trapped. Trade for a lesser phone that I never would have bought, demand a return with no current options on the market or wait and hope my phone doesn't explode. Real nice options.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site

You realize when you get a new phone.
You are on a plan to pay monthly for it right.
Well the person replacing your phone has to lock your phone to the carrier you made the deal with.
You didn't buy your phone outright.
So its LOCKED.
And your new phone will Be LOCKED. Till you pay it off.
Then you can call and get the unlock code.
But what good it will do you I don't know.

I'm glad now that I went for at least 2 months on the next plan.
Now they will be more happier to take care of me.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I completely agree with this. Samsung is making this difficult on everyone and it's deliberate. They are more than capable of overnighting these phones to consumers based on IMEI checks with credit card holds. This needs to happen. ATT is last company on earth equipped to deal with something like this as confirmed by the mass confusion and misinformation that persists more than a week into this. And the trade thing is a total trap. I have no doubt that swapping the "loaners" is going to be an even bigger PIA than getting a replacement N7. Just imagine ATT checking these things for scratches etc. Samsung's "loaner" program is a joke. For me, I have no back up and am trapped. Trade for a lesser phone that I never would have bought, demand a return with no current options on the market or wait and hope my phone doesn't explode. Real nice options.

Think to the future.
Keep an old phone incase something like this might happen again. At least for about 3 months or so.
What would you do it you lost or broke your phone.
Or better yet. What would you do if somebody stole it ?
And you got no backup.

Anzorian

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
AT&T Note 7 recall/return for S7 Edge question

I returned my Note 7 even though I had no issues to AT&T. I picked the Galaxy S7 Edge until all this recall mess blows over. My question is how in the world is the S7 Edge speed so much faster than my Note 7 with same hardware specs? I didn't have the lag stutter on Note 7 but this Edge 7 is blazing fast. I also have a 128GB SD card and the latest Android updates on the S7E now.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Think to the future.
Keep an old phone incase something like this might happen again. At least for about 3 months or so.
What would you do it you lost or broke your phone.
Or better yet. What would you do if somebody stole it ?
And you got no backup.

It's a fair point. I sold all my backups to pay for the N7. I get the logic but I typically try to get top dollar rather than keep an iphone etc. around the house.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It's a fair point. I sold all my backups to pay for the N7. I get the logic but I typically try to get top dollar rather than keep an iphone etc. around the house.

Think how its working out for everybody right now.
And if they scratch or dent a new phone the problems it gonna cause.

I'm gonna hang in for a couple months on the next plan.
And I'm gonna pay mine off.

replevin

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
I just took my Note 7 (with a severely cracked screen) to an AT&T corporate store to get a refund (not an exchange). Was expecting problems and had none. Got the refund processed in about 2 minutes. I didn't return any accessories and I still have the Fit 2, headphones, and charger.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
well this is not good. I hope we get the replacements quick and it slips under the radar before the "official recall" in the works. could be months before the phones get approved now :(

Samsung's Galaxy Note 7 Recall Is a Nightmare So Far

O wow. Wonder if they'll force Samsung to do an exchange program like the one mentioned above. That'd really be the best way to handle it and take care of their customers

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
O wow. Wonder if they'll force Samsung to do an exchange program like the one mentioned above. That'd really be the best way to handle it and take care of their customers

Possibly but CPSC Can take months to approve the new batches. It took 6 months for the hoverboard recall to get settled. Im about to just give up on this phone at this point. Ive got to get the employee phones handed out real soon.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 recall/return for S7 Edge question

I returned my Note 7 even though I had no issues to AT&T. I picked the Galaxy S7 Edge until all this recall mess blows over. My question is how in the world is the S7 Edge speed so much faster than my Note 7 with same hardware specs? I didn't have the lag stutter on Note 7 but this Edge 7 is blazing fast. I also have a 128GB SD card and the latest Android updates on the S7E now.
I noticed the same... Edge is noticeably snappier.

I jumped from iOS to the N7 because we added a line for my wife and got her an S7 via BOGO. It worked because I exercised my upgrade for the note. I also have a free 256GB microSD on the way.

Needless to say this experience has been less than pleasant so far. If it drags on I'll just undo my upgrade and go back to my 6+ until I can grab an iPhone 7+ when they are readily available.

Samsung needs to get it together soon...

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Possibly but CPSC Can take months to approve the new batches. It took 6 months for the hoverboard recall to get settled. Im about to just give up on this phone at this point. Ive got to get the employee phones handed out real soon.

what are you going to get that's comparible out there? I am thinking of bailing on the N7 now as well. Sad because I would have kept my note 5, I paid to upgrade early for the N7, (and traded in my n5). I don't really like what's avail now! S7 edge looks like my only choice but not thrilled to downgrade to older model.

We got jammed up on this purchase for sure

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
what are you going to get that's comparible out there? I am thinking of bailing on the N7 now as well. Sad because I would have kept my note 5, I paid to upgrade early for the N7, (and traded in my n5). I don't really like what's avail now! S7 edge looks like my only choice but not thrilled to downgrade to older model.

We got jammed up on this purchase for sure
Im not sure to be honest. Hate the changes to the iphone 7 and didnt really like the s7 edge. Lg v10 or 20 dont appeal to me either. At this point I have absolutely no idea what to get everyone.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you! I don't have my iPhone 6S Plus any longer because I gave it up to switch to the Note 7. That's the only reason I switched. I can return it but I won't get the iPhone 7 Plus until the 1st or 2nd week of October. Wouldn't you think we would get our N7 replacements before that timeframe? If you guys think we won't get replacements before the 1st week of October, I may just go with whatever top premium phone is out there.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Is AT&T allowing full refunds for the phone or no? I'm considering returning it to go back to my Note 4 and probably get the iPhone 7 plus.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I'm in the same boat as you! I don't have my iPhone 6S Plus any longer because I gave it up to switch to the Note 7. That's the only reason I switched. I can return it but I won't get the iPhone 7 Plus until the 1st or 2nd week of October. Wouldn't you think we would get our N7 replacements before that timeframe? If you guys think we won't get replacements before the 1st week of October, I may just go with whatever top premium phone is out there.
With the CPSC it could literally take months. The problem is we wont know how long it will be till its over. Im going to wait 1 more week and if theres no official word Im going to call this phone dead. CPSC has no reason to expidite their decision. They are a federaly funding commission and we all know what that means in regards to speed.

cmb713

Aug 30, 2015
Visit site
With the CPSC it could literally take months. The problem is we wont know how long it will be till its over. Im going to wait 1 more week and if theres no official word Im going to call this phone dead. CPSC has no reason to expidite their decision. They are a federaly funding commission and we all know what that means in regards to speed.

Well that sucks but I see your point. I think I'll do that same as you. So the question is do I take a loaner until the N7 gets in? But the loaner is one of their crappier phones, right? I wouldn't be able to get the S7 Edge as a loaner from AT&T until the N7 is available to us? I was thinking about just holding onto my N7 but it doesn't feel right.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Well that sucks but I see your point. I think I'll do that same as you. So the question is do I take a loaner until the N7 gets in? But the loaner is one of their crappier phones, right? I wouldn't be able to get the S7 Edge as a loaner from AT&T until the N7 is available to us? I was thinking about just holding onto my N7 but it doesn't feel right.
At&t was offering an s7, s7 edge or s7 active as an interim device. Now samsung is saying you can get a j series so Im not sure if at&t will stop offering the 7 series as a loaner.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm