AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Candygyrl24

Sep 15, 2016
Visit site
I turned in my Note 7 to ATT last week hoping that it would not take forever to get a new one. Samsung's website states "Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016." So hopeful we can get them by then.

jharo

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I turned in my Note 7 to ATT last week hoping that it would not take forever to get a new one. Samsung's website states "Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016." So hopeful we can get them by then.

Very Nice!!!

Dominator81

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Called my local AT&T store about the email/availability on the 21st... Basically was told nothing has been made official on their end. Also said at&t had to do their own round of quality testing before the phone would be released again... Where was that testing a month ago!

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Called my local AT&T store about the email/availability on the 21st... Basically was told nothing has been made official on their end. Also said at&t had to do their own round of quality testing before the phone would be released again... Where was that testing a month ago!

Don't believe the AT&T quality testing. The contracts shift quality control to Samsung, and AT&T washes their hands.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
There gonna be shipping boat loads and they have a small window to redeem themselves before the 2nd round of iPhones come in and people can actually just walk in a store and get one.... I'm anxiously waiting on what they plan to do to re-promote this phone

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

maybe "quality testing" means placing it in a hideous ATT box.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
I think that's just something they are telling people to get them off the phone. There's already a plan in place and they probably can't say anything.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
maybe "quality testing" means placing it in a hideous ATT box.

They come from Samsung in the hideous box. Samsung makes them to spec, and Ugly box is AT&T's spec.

I think that's just something they are telling people to get them off the phone. There's already a plan in place and they probably can't say anything.

More like covering shipping lag time with something people might be more forgiving about.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Hope some store get it before the 21st cause that's the last day to submit for the SD card or gear fit 2.......it wouldn't be fair if they didn't extend it cause a lot of people were still waiting on their pre-orders when the recall was announced

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Hope some store get it before the 21st cause that's the last day to submit for the SD card or gear fit 2.......it wouldn't be fair if they didn't extend it cause a lot of people were still waiting on their pre-orders when the recall was announced

In theory, the email said "no later" than the 21st. So I imagine shipping and movement will begin tonight.

calicocat2010

Jun 22, 2013
Visit site
From AT&T'S website:

What if I already exchanged my Galaxy Note7 and have a temporary device?
AT&T will receive new Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices on or before September 21, 2016 in our retail stores. If you would like to exchange your temporary device for a new Galaxy Note7, please visit the place where you performed the exchange for your temporary device.

Can I return my temporary device and accessories for a new Galaxy Note7?
Yes! Your temporary device needs to be undamaged in order to return it for the new Galaxy Note7. If you purchased any accessories to protect your temporary device, like cases and screen protectors those can also be returned.

Ugh and I just got my new Maxara 4200 mAh battery case for my Note 5 today.

screwhead728

Sep 6, 2010
Visit site
HELP! I haven't received my SD Card yet, it was approved but no shipping information. I have the S7 Edge now (loaner), can I get the VR? I don't want to claim the VR and then Samsung doesn't send me the SD card. What should I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol