AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just processed an exchange for the 7 plus. So my question is if I don't ship back the note 7 and take it in store, would I be able to do a simple swap for a new one? Kind of like a double upgrade on one line?
????

Are you planning on keeping the 7 plus?

If you processed and exchange from the note 7 to the 7 plus... Then u need to ship back the note 7 immediately.. otherwise I'd imagine you'll be charged for the note 7...

sexyB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes keeping the iPhone 7. Well since I paid for the note 7. I don't think they would charge me. I just wouldn't be refunded for the note 7 since I would keep it. In theory two upgrades for one line.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Yes keeping the iPhone 7. Well since I paid for the note 7. I don't think they would charge me. I just wouldn't be refunded for the note 7 since I would keep it. In theory two upgrades for one line.
Well if you bought it outright - that's a different story... Yes you'll have 2 phones for one line... Either take it back in for an exchange (non-exploding version). Or exchange and sell, or exchange and keep - and return the 7 plus or keep it two and just swap the sim back and forth between the two phones depending on which phone you want to use.

sexyB

Feb 26, 2011
Visit site
It's on a two year upgrade. So ya I'm thinking it should work by not returning and just swapping out for new note and keeping the iPhone when it comes in.

Jean Sagarese

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
what a joke just called a Corporate AT&T Store and was told October - I said what about the 21st of September his reply was yup Samsung says so, I said others have already picked up replacements - still says no idea when AT&T will have them

Readerz9

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Contacted a Samsung rep and she said that even if you never ordered a note 7, you can still purchase one of the replacements starting September 21st. -Just in case any new buyers were wondering when they could purchase one.

Readerz9

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
And yes most of them have no idea what they're saying. Usually not even the managers are up to date with most things. It sucks, but I would just call every day starting Monday, because they should be getting the replacements soon.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Spoke to one of the local ATT corp stores today and they said they would in fact have replacements next week but they would not be for sale to the general public yet. Said it would likely. E a couple weeks before they were for sale again. People who have already have one are getting replacements first. Only right as far as I'm concerned.

Readerz9

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
Spoke to one of the local ATT corp stores today and they said they would in fact have replacements next week but they would not be for sale to the general public yet. Said it would likely. E a couple weeks before they were for sale again. People who have already have one are getting replacements first. Only right as far as I'm concerned.

That's weird because I've spoken to multiple samsung and AT&T reps and they've said that anyone could buy one, either from Samsung's official website, or by going to your local carrier store. Guess we'll just have to wait and see... 😕

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
FWIW, I read on an article and according to Samsungs official statement, replacement devices will be available for those that need them, no later than the 21st, and that new stock will be available for sale by the 30th for general public. Makes most sense to me because most places have waived any and all fess associated with returned devices, up until the 30th of September.

mlbrowninsc

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Yeah I'm willing to bet it ends up being something different all together. We'll see this week. Haven't decided if I'm going with the note 7 or wait for the iPhone 7 plus to replace my 6s

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site
I called the corp store where I exchanged my N7 for an Active, they didnt seem to know anout the 21st, said no order confirmation yet.

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Have a family friend at the local corporate store and they got a message today that they can start swapping them out Monday morning. Almost sounded like they already have some stock in the store since he told me to come in early to make sure I got one since he did not know how many they would have.

seajypsy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm on Sprint..Sorry, I should have stated that. I posted the info with pics in the "I got my replacement thread". I was just browsing the others threads when I saw the question about the battery indicator. I hope you all get your replacements soon. Chesapeake, VA

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Anybody on att got their replacement yet? I don't want to call to ask because I don't want to get off the phone ticked off like I did yesterday on the att online chat. Lmao

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Anybody on att got their replacement yet? I don't want to call to ask because I don't want to get off the phone ticked off like I did yesterday on the att online chat. Lmao
I plan to start calling around to stores tomorrow.......Im hoping to get it by Wednesday or on Wednesday so i can still get the 256 card promotion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer