AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbcatl

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Just talked to my store - they received some. He wouldn't guarantee he could save one but said he put a black one aside for me (switching from silver, which was also nice). I'll call again to make sure they have them before running over there after work. He said everyone is asking for them (not sure I believe this ...) It may be that if they can get commission selling new ones, that's their preferred use of the inventory.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
Just walked in att store and got my replacement in houston rd, the battery icon isn't green like the ones in korean, i called like 6 all side no and 1 said yes so i I went there, they had just got them and they was checking them in the system when i arrived
Where in Houston? Which store?

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Just called 2 AT&T corporate stores in Miami. One said it would be a "long time before we will have replacements Note 7's". Asked him if he watched TV or used the internet stating stores would have phones this week. His reply is that he doesn't pay attention to the news that much.
The other store said they are getting them in today between 5 & 6 pm, but didn't know how many. Gave him my name so hopefully I'll have a new one tonight. Can't wait to see how much of a pain swapping the phone out will be.

Daniel Ferrara

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
Why does every store have different info? Some are swapping already. Others saying not till 21st, or 23rd or whenever. I went to two this weekend within walking distance (both corporate stores) and they had two different stories: one said it won't be for two weeks, the other said starting possibly today, but they hadn't received them yet as of yesterday.

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site
Why does every store have different info? Some are swapping already. Others saying not till 21st, or 23rd or whenever. I went to two this weekend within walking distance (both corporate stores) and they had two different stories: one said it won't be for two weeks, the other said starting possibly today, but they hadn't received them yet as of yesterday.

I called the same store twice today and received 2 different answers. I blame the managers running the stores for not telling employees what to say regarding this issue. If they do not have the phones, that should be the answer. Telling a customer you have little knowledge of the issue with the Note 7 is just being stupid.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Just did my exchange in from my store - all local corp stores around my area (north west metro Atlanta) received them via FedEx today.

Details:
Made in Korea
Build Date: 9/9/2016
Black Box on the sticker (like every other picture out there) - no Blue "S"
IMEI check yielded the "Great News!" response

Immediate reaction is that the battery appears to be holding the charge much better than my old device. Until I get everything reset back (full data reset) - and functioning the way I want it - I can't make a full judgement call. I will say the device is also slightly less "laggy" than what I remember of setting up my original device.

Overall - happy that this is finally back to normal... :)

scottishlassy

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Just did my exchange in from my store - all local corp stores around my area (north west metro Atlanta) received them via FedEx today.

Details:
Made in Korea

Immediate reaction is that the battery appears to be holding the charge much better than my old device. Until I get everything reset back (full data reset) - and functioning the way I want it - I can't make a full judgement call. I will say the device is also slightly less "laggy" than what I remember of setting up my original device.

Congratulations!

ddymond

Jan 28, 2011
Visit site

Details:
Made in Korea

Is the battery indicator green as has been reported??

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
just got my coral blue N7 at the Walden Galleria Buffalo NY store. They got 15 phones in today and from what it looked like they may be accounted for already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thambu63