AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Someone previously mentioned they had bought phone from Target Mobile but were able to return at an ATT Corp Store.

I went today and they wouldn't exchange mine and said I had to go to Target. They said they can't pull up my order to exchange. Anyone have info on this? I

Help is much appreciated!

At&t told me to exchange it where you bought it......

They just provide the wireless service to it.
They said the phones were made by Samsung.

Marcjcd

Jun 7, 2013
Visit site
Got my replacement this afternoon about an hour before AT&T sent out the "replacements are in" text. Returned the loaner S7E for a black note (my original preorder purchase was the silver version). The only thing the S7E made me think about was changing the color to black. Besides that the S7E was, in my opinion, not even close to the Note 7. My AT&T experience took about 2+ hours (based mostly on the fact that the place was full with fools ordering iPhone 7's for delivery sometime next millennium). Once I finally was up to speak to a REP it was smooth sailing except for transferring my info from the S7E to my new Note 7 which took about 40 minutes. That all said, I cannot be happier to be back on the Note 7. It was a long 2 weeks with that S7E.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Got my replacement this afternoon about an hour before AT&T sent out the "replacements are in" text. Returned the loaner S7E for a black note (my original preorder purchase was the silver version). The only thing the S7E made me think about was changing the color to black. Besides that the S7E was, in my opinion, not even close to the Note 7. My AT&T experience took about 2+ hours (based mostly on the fact that the place was full with fools ordering iPhone 7's for delivery sometime next millennium). Once I finally was up to speak to a REP it was smooth sailing except for transferring my info from the S7E to my new Note 7 which took about 40 minutes. That all said, I cannot be happier to be back on the Note 7. It was a long 2 weeks with that S7E.

When I was in Best Buy this morning.
A lady from Chase was in there.
She had a Samsung S5 and was getting a Iphone 6.
She asked what kind of phone was I getting.
I said a replacement Note 7.
She said everybody she worked with tole her to get a Iphone.
She said she had never had nothing but Samsung phones.
Asked you every used a Iphone.
She replied NO !
I said you are in for a Big Supprise.

Just remember you got 14 days and you can bring your phone back and return it.
She said you can.
Yep.

She said does your phone cost in the 300.00 mark.

I laughed and said No M'am.
They are in the 800.00 mark.
She said Oh !

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I tried to do a software around 12:30 this afternoon.
Now it says I got to wait 15 more house before I can check again.
My battery indicator is white.

kayjbee

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

I tried to do a software around 12:30 this afternoon.
Now it says I got to wait 15 more house before I can check again.
My battery indicator is white.
I checked last night after I got the replacement phone and there wasn't one so had to wait the 24 hour period and it was finally available. So I'm guessing the update was released this afternoon. I'm sure you will have it once the waiting period is up

mediaseth

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
One problem after the replacement. The new Note7 can't seem to discover my Gear S2...bluetooth is on all around, devices restarted. I refuse to factory reset. Can't go through all that work again.

Droid Husker

Jan 19, 2011
Visit site
Same issues with me. Called ATT corp store, confirmed with rep that I bought Note 7 Sams club. He said we will exchange it, drove 30 min then declined to exchange/swap. Asked me to go back to sams club.

I had a similar experience. Got the text from AT&T earlier, called my local corporate store to confirm they had phones in, which they did, so I went there to trade out my phone before heading to dinner. I bought mine at Sam's, but was fairly certain, based on what I've seen here from numerous other people, that I would be able to trade it out, no problem, at the AT&T store.

Walked in, only one other group in there, and an employee was free, so I'm thinking this should be done quick. Walked over to him, told him I wanted to exchange my Note 7 for one of the replacements, and he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. I then pulled out the phone and handed it to him, and got the first indication that he didn't know why I was there when he immediately turned on the phone. Maybe I'm wrong, but with the whole reason behind the recall, I would kind of assume you would want to keep it off.

He started to go through getting my information to start the exchange, and he was looking at some screen and asked me where I bought the phone, told him Sam's, and he said he needed to call someone. Went in the back, came out a few minutes later, and told me I need to go to Sam's and that they would have "procedures" in place, whatever that means. After attempting to argue, showing him the text message I got and all, I gave up and left. The store was suddenly full of people, so I wasn't going to be able to get someone else to help me, and I was on my way to dinner, so I didn't have the time to mess with it. After going out to my car, I saw the guy that "helped" me come out and get in his car, so my guess is not only did he not have a clue what I was there for, he also was trying to get me out of the way so he could leave.

Not very happy about how it went down, I didn't have time to do any more messing with it today, but tomorrow I might call Sam's and see if they have any and if they do if they'll let me exchange it (they've been a little unclear on that aspect) and if not, I'm calling AT&T Customer Service and seeing what I can find out.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
One problem after the replacement. The new Note7 can't seem to discover my Gear S2...bluetooth is on all around, devices restarted. I refuse to factory reset. Can't go through all that work again.

Then there is no problem. If you won't do the basic steps to ensure you don't have a bad device, then I guess you a device good enough for you.

boufa

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Updating my replacement now as we speak, 121mb

Damn... green certainly is a very large color. I can't believe 3 green icons take 121mb to change... lol...

(yes, I know the security update is in there too!)

I wonder when the 60% max recharge update is coming down (for the old devices)... I saw on a site this morning that the carriers are expediting the approval process for that update.

soulsmilen

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Rogers, AR
AT&T Corporate Store

I exchanged and got my Blue replacement this morning; the kid that did it said there had already been 3 others in to exchange just today. It's just about set back up like I want it, and I did notice a *major* difference in temp (no monitor, just to the touch); this new phone barely even got warm even during/after 48 app auto updates and transferring 28 minutes worth of files.

It does feel and seem slightly snappier even though I didn't have the lag issues others had. I suppose that could just be because I had gone back to my N4 in the interim, but dunno.. really does seem smoother.

Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.