Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

AT&T just got the update for the green battery icons
Yeah mine updated at well...
295efea689f98b438609be3abfb5d03c.jpg

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Gonna try my luck at exchanging my note 7 tomorrow at the local AT&T corporate store. Got it from AT&T.com and still have the original box and what not so expecting it to be a easy swap. Gonna try for the black one, currently have silver. Also just got the OTA update on my current Note 7.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a similar experience. Got the text from AT&T earlier, called my local corporate store to confirm they had phones in, which they did, so I went there to trade out my phone before heading to dinner. I bought mine at Sam's, but was fairly certain, based on what I've seen here from numerous other people, that I would be able to trade it out, no problem, at the AT&T store.

Walked in, only one other group in there, and an employee was free, so I'm thinking this should be done quick. Walked over to him, told him I wanted to exchange my Note 7 for one of the replacements, and he looked at me like I was speaking a foreign language. I then pulled out the phone and handed it to him, and got the first indication that he didn't know why I was there when he immediately turned on the phone. Maybe I'm wrong, but with the whole reason behind the recall, I would kind of assume you would want to keep it off.

He started to go through getting my information to start the exchange, and he was looking at some screen and asked me where I bought the phone, told him Sam's, and he said he needed to call someone. Went in the back, came out a few minutes later, and told me I need to go to Sam's and that they would have "procedures" in place, whatever that means. After attempting to argue, showing him the text message I got and all, I gave up and left. The store was suddenly full of people, so I wasn't going to be able to get someone else to help me, and I was on my way to dinner, so I didn't have the time to mess with it. After going out to my car, I saw the guy that "helped" me come out and get in his car, so my guess is not only did he not have a clue what I was there for, he also was trying to get me out of the way so he could leave.

Not very happy about how it went down, I didn't have time to do any more messing with it today, but tomorrow I might call Sam's and see if they have any and if they do if they'll let me exchange it (they've been a little unclear on that aspect) and if not, I'm calling AT&T Customer Service and seeing what I can find out.

What the at&t tech showed me is they have no record at at&t that you ever bought a phone
It don't show how much you paid for the phone. Or what you put down on the phone either..do they are in the dark.

I bought mine at Best Buy.
They couldn't see how much I put down either.
I was glad I brought my paper workbwirh me.
That's where they should of said, did you buy it from us.
Heck Bjorn of a lot if confusion going in right now too.
I think it's how the computers are tied in to the carriers.

68Thibz

Aug 30, 2014
Visit site
Got my replacement this afternoon about an hour before AT&T sent out the "replacements are in" text. Returned the loaner S7E for a black note (my original preorder purchase was the silver version). The only thing the S7E made me think about was changing the color to black. Besides that the S7E was, in my opinion, not even close to the Note 7. My AT&T experience took about 2+ hours (based mostly on the fact that the place was full with fools ordering iPhone 7's for delivery sometime next millennium). Once I finally was up to speak to a REP it was smooth sailing except for transferring my info from the S7E to my new Note 7 which took about 40 minutes. That all said, I cannot be happier to be back on the Note 7. It was a long 2 weeks with that S7E.

I agree .. I was happy to get rid of that s7 .. People say "ahh those two phones are the same accept for the stylus" .. Those people don't have a clue.. Thats like comparing a Ford F-150 to a Ford F-350 King Range Edition (yeah I like trucks).. Anyway it was well worth the hour and a half at the AT&T store for the swap out...

csmall

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
The green icon update was forced on my device. Never asked for approval. It did it in the middle of the night and shutdown my device. When I powered it back on it completed the update.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
The green icon update was forced on my device. Never asked for approval. It did it in the middle of the night and shutdown my device. When I powered it back on it completed the update.

Same here. I had no idea the update was out, let alone ready to be installed on my device. Never got a notification or anything. Just rebooted while sitting on my desk.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Same here... Work up this morning to find it had restarted and the icons updated.

Mine is still showing the August security patch however...

25d69c931e3f6af9beee4d151f70ad6f.jpg

dvarapala

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Same here, they snuck it in while I was sleeping. This could have been a disaster, since I use my phone as my alarm clock; if I hadn't happened to glance over during the night and notice that my phone was updating and waiting for me to click OK on some dialog box, I would have overslept and been late for work. NOT COOL AT&T! :mad:

wildcard30

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
One problem after the replacement. The new Note7 can't seem to discover my Gear S2...bluetooth is on all around, devices restarted. I refuse to factory reset. Can't go through all that work again.

I just did a light reset on my Gear S2 then paired with my replacement Note 7

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I went to the AT&T store yesterday after work trying to get the swap for a blue note 7 but after waiting an hour they had no more left. Since I did wait a while the rep said that once they get more in he will give me a call and hold it for me so I could do the swap tonight after work. I really hope he does because that would be amazing. I want to be sure I get the new one for my sister.

Johnny6Strings

Sep 21, 2016
Visit site
I created an account just to give my experience so others can compare as I have done.

I've followed this thread as an unregistered lurker since this whole recall thing went down. I have to thank you all for posting your experiences as it gave me the prep needed to go to my AT&T Store and exchange my Note 7.

After getting the recall I read through this forum and decided I'd take the risk of having my phone explode and keep it until I could do a single exchange for a new Note 7. Boy am I glad I did.

I went to my local store yesterday after work and it was a pretty easy process. They had only done 2 other exchanges by the time I got there so they were a little green, but they made it smooth as butter anyway. I stood in line for about 15 minutes while others were helped and then a rep took care of me. He immediately got me my new note 7 in coral blue form the back as well as a new screen protector even before I showed him my receipts. He set up the new phone and put on the screen protector for me.

The best part of the whole exchange was that I got to keep all the original accessories (wall charger, cable, adapters etc.) AND he gave me all the new ones. I even kept the old phones stylus as an additional bonus.

The whole transaction took about an hour or so with waiting in line, getting the screen protector installed and transferring data from my old Note 7 to the new one. Spent a little extra time making sure I wiped out the old phone with a factory reset.

I couldn't have been happier with how this worked out.

comestim

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
You have to do a reset of the watch. Anytime you wipe the phone or switch phones you have to reset the watch to reconnect it to the phone.

Strong_Genetics

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
Anyone seen at Att that they have note 7 displayed for sale yet?
Haven't seen them on their Web site.
Sprint and Verizon are the only ones selling it right now..... If I'm not mistaken they aren't supposed to be for sale yet.... Only exchanges... Their gonna end up screwing over their customers that want Exchanges by selling those exchange units to new customers...

Status
Not open for further replies.