AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sean8102

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Already had a bill credit on my account by the time I got home from the AT&T store. And I gotta say I'm really glad I got to change from silver to black, I like it alot more.

Capture.PNG

And got the green battery update and new security patch after checking for updates.

Screenshot_20160921-181553.jpg

sal2726

Apr 26, 2016
Visit site
Walked into AT&T yesterday to inquire about when they would be available to general public. They said they had a bunch of them in the back, and no one was coming in for exchanges. They were told they could start selling them again today (Thursday), so she went ahead for me. Got it on AT&T next, in and out in 15 mins. Have to say, the nicest overall phone I have ever had so far. By a long shot. Better than Nexus 6P, iPhone 6s+, HTC 10, just incredible. Never had a Samsung before, none of them ever appealed to me, but this phone is crazy. As long as it doesn't start the dreaded "TouchWiz Lag" I will be happy.

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
I got my sisters Note 7 replaced! The manager I spoke to the other day said since I waited an hour he will hold one for me and gave me a contact number for me to call him the next day. So, during lunch at work yesterday I called that AT&T store and asked if they had any new note 7 in stock and he said they were only for exchanges and I explained that that was exactly why I was calling and he said yes he did. I then asked if they had any in blue and when he checked he said they only had two left but that he couldn't hold it for me it was a first come first serve deal and I explained how the manager told me he would help me out since I waited an hour the previous day and he handed me over to the manager and he confirmed that he would hold it for me. So when I went to the store after work and asked about the note 7 the rep said they ran out but luckily the manager was still there and told the rep where he hid it in the back for me. I was so relieved. The swap took about 15 minutes total and when I went home I made sure to do the update and had my sister set up her phone after that. Overall, happy experience and I'm finally at a peace of mind and I no longer have to worry about my sister's phone potentially blowing up.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if you return your note 7 for a full refund, can you go to the store right now and buy a brand new note 7 replacement?

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know if you return your note 7 for a full refund, can you go to the store right now and buy a brand new note 7 replacement?

I returned my N7 for a full refund when the recall was announced. I went on Tuesday to get my replacement. I kept my receipt from the refund but they didn't even ask to see it. It seems they can see your previous purchase of the N7. I got on a new next plan without any problems.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site
I returned my N7 for a full refund when the recall was announced. I went on Tuesday to get my replacement. I kept my receipt from the refund but they didn't even ask to see it. It seems they can see your previous purchase of the N7. I got on a new next plan without any problems.

I can second this. I brought my receipt from my original N7 for S7E swap because I thought they would need it. Didn't ask for anything other than my phone number and ID. On top of that I could have kept the accessories from the S7E, but not much need for a micro-usb cable anymore in my case.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Just an update, I went to AT&T just right now and I told them I refunded the phone when the recall was announced. Initially they told me no I cannot buy a new note 7 due to it only available to people who needs to replace the phone. So thankfully I brought my receipt and showed them that I preordered the phone and returned it and had to make a story that I was still part of the exchange program because I preordered the phone. In the end, they said yes and I got my brand new coral blue note 7.

andrewg13

Jun 27, 2014
Visit site
Just an update, I went to AT&T just right now and I told them I refunded the phone when the recall was announced. Initially they told me no I cannot buy a new note 7 due to it only available to people who needs to replace the phone. So thankfully I brought my receipt and showed them that I preordered the phone and returned it and had to make a story that I was still part of the exchange program because I preordered the phone. In the end, they said yes and I got my brand new coral blue note 7.

thats great

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting on replacements to arrive at our authorized AT&T stores here locally. So much for everyone getting the phones in stock by 21st! Neither store received any of yet. I am on 3 lists within a 25 mile radius since Monday. One of these 3 stores will surely get one in soon. Can't wait to get my replacement.

bobxxz

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Still waiting on replacements to arrive at our authorized AT&T stores here locally. So much for everyone getting the phones in stock by 21st! Neither store received any of yet. I am on 3 lists within a 25 mile radius since Monday. One of these 3 stores will surely get one in soon. Can't wait to get my replacement.
There is no corporate stores around your area? I am pretty sure all corporate stores have them in stock. Authorized stores are different from corporate.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Best part is, so far I have received 3 $10 "first time" samsung pay rewards and 3 $5 dunkin donut gift cards from SP.

No problem swapping my "temp" Galaxy S7 for a new Note 7 1300 miles from where I originally purchased it at Target and 600 miles from where I exchanged it for the temp S7. Temp and replacement were both from ATT Corp stores in northern FL and South FL.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Best part is, so far I have received 3 $10 "first time" samsung pay rewards and 3 $5 dunkin donut gift cards from SP.

No problem swapping my "temp" Galaxy S7 for a new Note 7 1300 miles from where I originally purchased it at Target and 600 miles from where I exchanged it for the temp S7. Temp and replacement were both from ATT Corp stores in northern FL and South FL.

How was the att store able to swap? When I went (with my Target receipts) they couldn't find the phone in the system to do the exchange since I had bought at Target...

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
How was the att store able to swap? When I went (with my Target receipts) they couldn't find the phone in the system to do the exchange since I had bought at Target...

Got the phone on release day in Target in NNJ and we were heading down to Florida the next day by car. Heard about the callback around Savannah GA where we were stuck during the hurricane. At first they refused then I told them I don't want to drive around with an exploding phone which was getting VERY HOT while charging (which I noticed even before I heard about the problem). Then the rep came out and said OK. He took only the phone and I got a S7E for which I got credited for the Note 7 and charged for the S7E and got a refund of the difference. When I reached northern FL I got the text to exchange and walked into another store, got full credit for the S7E and paid the diff for the Note 7. No hassle.

Don't believe the "it's not in the system." Of course it is. It's no different than if you bought it from AT&T.. If they "couldn't find it in the system" then they couldn't have your IMEI either and you wouldn't be able to use the device. It's all BS aside from which they MUST replace it due to a federal recall. They simply don't want to deal with it. If it was just an exchange or return they have a right to refuse but not under these conditions. In the end they are ALL AT&T DEVICES on the AT&T network. AT&T gets your monthly payments for service AND the device. All the 3rd parties (Target etc) get is a spiff.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
Got the phone on release day in Target in NNJ and we were heading down to Florida the next day by car. Heard about the callback around Savannah GA where we were stuck during the hurricane. At first they refused then I told them I don't want to drive around with an exploding phone which was getting VERY HOT while charging (which I noticed even before I heard about the problem). Then the rep came out and said OK. He took only the phone and I got a S7E for which I got credited for the Note 7 and charged for the S7E and got a refund of the difference. When I reached northern FL I got the text to exchange and walked into another store, got full credit for the S7E and paid the diff for the Note 7. No hassle.

Don't believe the "it's not in the system." Of course it is. It's no different than if you bought it from AT&T.. If they "couldn't find it in the system" then they couldn't have your IMEI either and you wouldn't be able to use the device. It's all BS aside from which they MUST replace it due to a federal recall. They simply don't want to deal with it. If it was just an exchange or return they have a right to refuse but not under these conditions. In the end they are ALL AT&T DEVICES on the AT&T network. AT&T gets your monthly payments for service AND the device. All the 3rd parties (Target etc) get is a spiff.

That's awesome that it worked out for you and they took care of you. I've been getting the run around.

I said the same thing to them about it being an AT&T phone and I had receipts and IMEI's but they claim that since Target is an independent dealer they can't pull up the receipt to be able to take stock of my phone and do the exchange.

Love the note 7 but this whole thing has been a debacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463