AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SaltGuy

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
There is no corporate stores around your area? I am pretty sure all corporate stores have them in stock. Authorized stores are different from corporate.

Yeah... When I bought the original, couldn't find one anywhere at corporate store, and happened to find one about 25 miles away at an authorized AT&T store. But alas, all is well with new one in hand right now!

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
That's awesome that it worked out for you and they took care of you. I've been getting the run around.

I said the same thing to them about it being an AT&T phone and I had receipts and IMEI's but they claim that since Target is an independent dealer they can't pull up the receipt to be able to take stock of my phone and do the exchange.

Love the note 7 but this whole thing has been a debacle

DO NOT ACCEPT THAT EXCUSE.. I had no receipt and no box and no accessories (I even kept the stylus). Maybe people are just nicer down here (I dread heading back north next week). I would call ATT Corp. All they did was scan in my old IMEI and then the new one. AT first they were reluctant when I mentioned the "T" word then there was no problem.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
DO NOT ACCEPT THAT EXCUSE.. I had no receipt and no box and no accessories (I even kept the stylus). Maybe people are just nicer down here (I dread heading back north next week). I would call ATT Corp. All they did was scan in my old IMEI and then the new one. AT first they were reluctant when I mentioned the "T" word then there was no problem.

Thats crazy. You were really lucky. I went to another AT&T store today and was told again it had to be target. Even though I told them they can look it up by IMEI. So frustrated!

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
That's awesome that it worked out for you and they took care of you. I've been getting the run around.

I said the same thing to them about it being an AT&T phone and I had receipts and IMEI's but they claim that since Target is an independent dealer they can't pull up the receipt to be able to take stock of my phone and do the exchange.

Love the note 7 but this whole thing has been a debacle
I was at a At&t corporate store.
I seen thr repair tech put my name & number in.
When it pulled everything up..it didn't show me having a note 7 , since I bought it from best buy.
So how was he gonna take it back.
It took 2 days for him to talk to the store me to find out.
Then he called me and said he could do it.

Not everybody can see on their computer what was done somewhere else.

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was at a At&t corporate store.
I seen thr repair tech put my name & number in.
When it pulled everything up..it didn't show me having a note 7 , since I bought it from best buy.
So how was he gonna take it back.
It took 2 days for him to talk to the store me to find out.
Then he called me and said he could do it.

Not everybody can see on their computer what was done somewhere else.

Of course they can. How can they not see it? If you simply go online to att.com and look in your account it even shows a picture of the note 7 under "your devices". Mine showed up in less than an hour (the time it took me to get home from Target) after the original Target purchase. If it didn't show up how can they bill you? Or know your monthly payments? Or have your IMEI? Or setup your voice mail? Target has nothing to do with that. In fact, mine was unlocked within 24hrs after purchase at Target so it was pretty obvious ATT had it in their system. I purchased it on the payment plan to get my gift card and paid for it in full when I got home an hour later. You guys are getting BS'd by ATT stores who just don't want to deal with it because just maybe it might take an extra step or 2 but obviously it can be done. I can't be the only one in the world who got a Target device swapped TWICE at 2 different ATT corp stores one of them 1000 and the other 1300 miles from my home and I didn't even have the receipt, boxes or anything other than the phone and the charger (which I kept anyway).

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Of course they can. How can they not see it? If you simply go online to att.com and look in your account it even shows a picture of the note 7 under "your devices". Mine showed up in less than an hour (the time it took me to get home from Target) after the original Target purchase. If it didn't show up how can they bill you? Or know your monthly payments? Or have your IMEI? Or setup your voice mail? Target has nothing to do with that. In fact, mine was unlocked within 24hrs after purchase at Target so it was pretty obvious ATT had it in their system. I purchased it on the payment plan to get my gift card and paid for it in full when I got home an hour later. You guys are getting BS'd by ATT stores who just don't want to deal with it because just maybe it might take an extra step or 2 but obviously it can be done. I can't be the only one in the world who got a Target device swapped TWICE at 2 different ATT corp stores one of them 1000 and the other 1300 miles from my home and I didn't even have the receipt, boxes or anything other than the phone and the charger (which I kept anyway).

Realize this.
After I bought my phone.
I paid it off.
There wasnt even a record of me paying it off the day before.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site

Totally agree. I called a couple of more stores though and they said they can't find it or swap using IMEI. Beyond pissed and annoyed no one at the AT&T store is helping resolve it. The one guy at the store even said that 'Target has to take it back by law' but he said they couldn't do the swap there

MisterEd

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Totally agree. I called a couple of more stores though and they said they can't find it or swap using IMEI. Beyond pissed and annoyed no one at the AT&T store is helping resolve it. The one guy at the store even said that 'Target has to take it back by law' but he said they couldn't do the swap there

You have to do it face to face. It's easy for them to blow you off when you call. I would (and it's what I did) just walk in, plop the phone on the desk and say PLEASE SWAP IT and see what happens. Eventually you will have to drop the "T" Word but by then they will have "found" it in the system.

Thehomez

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
You have to do it face to face. It's easy for them to blow you off when you call. I would (and it's what I did) just walk in, plop the phone on the desk and say PLEASE SWAP IT and see what happens. Eventually you will have to drop the "T" Word but by then they will have "found" it in the system.

Yeah totally agree with you but after going to 2 Corp stores and wasting a few hours to be rejected I resorted to calling.

Still no luck :(

ZiggyP

Oct 3, 2016
Visit site
Re: AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

I haven't read 1 thing that says it's a voluntary recall except for canada. It says all note 7 are being recalled no matter what. And consumer reports was criticizing Samsung for not following standard procedure in the US and this is why. Like I said whatever I'll get it taken care of 1 way or another.

Let me know if you get your phones fixed please

mikeshauling

Mar 29, 2014
Visit site
Bought 2 coral blues, traded them for S7 edges for recall. Returned 1 S7 for the new N7 for me. I still have 1 S7 , was gonna keep it but now my daughter wants a N7, is it too late or can i go swap it for the N7 still ?

Collin Bell

Oct 4, 2016
Visit site
Had my Note 7 replaced about a week before the recall due to it being shipped with about 20 dead pixels. Been calling my ATT store since the recall and they haven't had any available. Finally had an authorized retail store with some and after waiting over half an hour to speak with someone, was told they couldn't do it because I had it replaced already at a corporate store. I'm in disbelief that I had to leave the store with a phone that is banned by the FAA, is under gov't recall, and every time I go to charge it it tells me to power it off due to fire and burn risk while they had a new safe one sitting right there on the table. They only reason they couldn't due it is because of an "inventory issue". They better hope my phone doesn't blow because then they're going to have a "lawsuit issue" because they are now 100% liable for this.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
No Next Contract Terminations from AT&T

I just got off the phone with ATT about my Note 7. The response was very disappointing. I wanted to cancel my Next agreement since there are no other phones other than the Note 7 I want. ATT seems genuinely concerned for my safety but it's not willing to terminate my Note 7 upgrade. They are leaving me in the non-conservative position of keeping my Note 7 or having to use the upgrade on something i don't want.

The ATT rep acknowledged that the new Note 7s were not safe. I said my replacement Note 7 was one of these so called new Note 7s. Thus, my phone was therefore in ATT's eyes not safe. That being established, I pressed the rep on how ATT could continue to make me choose between an unsafe device and pay for a device I don't want. He responded that those are the rules.

Any thoughts?

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: No Next Contract Terminations from AT&T

B.S.! I have AT&T... cant wait for all my drama to start. I am just waiting it out a bit. I love the N7 and hate to get rid of it.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I just got off the phone with ATT about my Note 7. The response was very disappointing. I wanted to cancel my Next agreement since there are no other phones other than the Note 7 I want. ATT seems genuinely concerned for my safety but it's not willing to terminate my Note 7 upgrade. They are leaving me in the non-conservative position of keeping my Note 7 or having to use the upgrade on something i don't want.

The ATT rep acknowledged that the new Note 7s were not safe. I said my replacement Note 7 was one of these so called new Note 7s. Thus, my phone was therefore in ATT's eyes not safe. That being established, I pressed the rep on how ATT could continue to make me choose between an unsafe device and pay for a device I don't want. He responded that those are the rules.

Any thoughts?

WTF, go to a store locally and return it. I did and was in a next agreement. They have to let you return it. If you have to get a phone, switch to a iphone 7 plus or LG V20. Order it and they will give you a loaner most likely. But I had no issues getting a refund and canceling my contract locally.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site

B.S.! I have AT&T... cant wait for all my drama to start. I am just waiting it out a bit. I love the N7 and hate to get rid of it.

I'm sure there's something in the contract preventing you from canceling it. Did you look at the fine print? From an AT&T standpoint they need only replace the faulty device with a non-faulty device. What device do you want that they don't have? If it's a device no longer being manufactured, like the Note 5, then I think you're pretty much out of luck.

Joeykool

Dec 29, 2015
Visit site
I want the v20 but I would needed a loaner. We just switched to at&t 10 days ago so I have no old phone I could use. I really want to keep the n7 if possible but I fear that will not be the case

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

WTF, go to a store locally and return it. I did and was in a next agreement. They have to let you return it. If you have to get a phone, switch to a iphone 7 plus or LG V20. Order it and they will give you a loaner most likely. But I had no issues getting a refund and canceling my contract locally.
Just to clarify, did you update your N7 Next agreement to go with the alternative phone or were you able to cancel out altogether? I agree with what you said about having to get another device. I really don't need another device but the terms of the Next agreement might require to so. I can live with that if necessary. I don't want to keep the agreement if not necessary.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

Just to clarify, did you update your N7 Next agreement to go with the alternative phone or were you able to cancel out altogether? I agree with what you said about having to get another device. I really don't need another device but the terms of the Next agreement might require to so. I can live with that if necessary. I don't want to keep the agreement if not necessary.

Cancel out all together. I can get a new phone under next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech