AT&T Note 7 Recall Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: No Next Contract Terminations from AT&T

Cancel out all together. I can get a new phone under next.
That's what I was trying to do. I upgraded to the Note 7 as a Next upgrade on one of my lines. I just want to return the Note 7 to the store and cancel that upgrade. The store is willing for me to use my upgrade for any other device in the store. But that is the rub. I don't want to use the upgrade for any other device. I'm planning on using the unlocked Pixel when it comes instead.

I asked both the store and ATT CSR specifically about this. Return the Note 7, cancel the Next agreement. Both said my Next agreement can be updated to a different phone (iPhone or V20) but not cancelled. I want neither nor do I need either. I want to return my Note 7 and proceed like this never happened. I feel like I'm now being pressured to use the upgrade on a different device in the store.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site

This is concerning. I'm in the same position as I am not interested in any other devices currently out. I bought my device on the Next plan but went ahead and paid it off in full on my last bill. I was hoping to return the Note 7 tomorrow and get a full refund and then purchase a Pixel XL when available.

nizmoz

Banned
Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

That's what I was trying to do. I upgraded to the Note 7 as a Next upgrade on one of my lines. I just want to return the Note 7 to the store and cancel that upgrade. The store is willing for me to use my upgrade for any other device in the store. But that is the rub. I don't want to use the upgrade for any other device. I'm planning on using the unlocked Pixel when it comes instead.

I asked both the store and ATT CSR specifically about this. Return the Note 7, cancel the Next agreement. Both said my Next agreement can be updated to a different phone (iPhone or V20) but not cancelled. I want neither nor do I need either. I want to return my Note 7 and proceed like this never happened. I feel like I'm now being pressured to use the upgrade on a different device in the store.

I think you need to speak with a manager and flat out tell him I would have not renewed my NEXT agreement to get any other phone except the N7. I am not taking another phone unless it;s a N7, and if you won't cancel my contract, I will make sure I go up the chain with this. Something like this may get their attention. If they can not provide you a working phone of the one you wanted to be put on NEXT, they have to cancel that contract.

neutron

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site

I think you need to speak with a manager and flat out tell him I would have not renewed my NEXT agreement to get any other phone except the N7. I am not taking another phone unless it;s a N7, and if you won't cancel my contract, I will make sure I go up the chain with this. Something like this may get their attention. If they can not provide you a working phone of the one you wanted to be put on NEXT, they have to cancel that contract.
You must be my spirit twin!! That is exactly the discussion I had with the CSR a little while ago. That's was also the discussion I had with the store manager yesterday. The store manager suggested i needed an official recall to get my Next agreement voided. The CSR said he sympathized with my assertion that ATT was taking the position of money over safety, but that I was still responsible for fulfilling a Next agreement I no longer believed to be applicable once I returned my Note. On one hand the CSR wanted me to return my Note, but he also wanted me to select something else in the store.

This is crazy. I've exhausted my options with the store and now the CSR. What else is there? This is why I keep posting about the recall.

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

I thought about this- if they make me EXCHANGE then I'll just exchange for the i7+ and sell it on ebay, and turn around, pay off that line. Done.

Jona005

Apr 4, 2016
Visit site

I want the v20 but I would needed a loaner. We just switched to at&t 10 days ago so I have no old phone I could use. I really want to keep the n7 if possible but I fear that will not be the case

I ended up getting an lg K10 which is around 100 dollars. I figured I can keep it as a backup phone at worst, and was told that I can trade it in towards $200.00 in accessories when I preordered the V20.

dannydyn

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

B.S.! I have AT&T... cant wait for all my drama to start. I am just waiting it out a bit. I love the N7 and hate to get rid of it.

Agree, I'm with you. I love my Note 7 and anything short of a mandatory recall, I'm keeping it. But should there be a mandatory recall, I'm already sitting here licking my chops, waiting to have that conversation. A quick lawsuit threat will make sure AT&T downgrades my plan back to what it was, and I'm going back to a contract-free plan, running Note 4 until the next Note comes out.

dannydyn

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site

I thought about this- if they make me EXCHANGE then I'll just exchange for the i7+ and sell it on ebay, and turn around, pay off that line. Done.

you'd need to unlock it get something for it. Given that you haven't even started paying for it, AT&T won't unlock it for you.

Plus, you'd lose your phone number if you care about it (I personally do).

pinkvikchick

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site

you'd need to unlock it get something for it. Given that you haven't even started paying for it, AT&T won't unlock it for you.

Plus, you'd lose your phone number if you care about it (I personally do).

I haven't had to yet, I've been doing this for years. I open another line, sell it, close that line down. They don't give a crap what sim is in there, as long as you're either still making payments or pay it off.

LailaAK

Oct 16, 2015
Visit site

two words: class action

which will lead to these six words: happy lawyer shopping for new yacht

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site

I'm on AT&T next and there are no other phones that compare. Bought mine through Best Buy for the same day 256gb sd card. Not going through this bs again. Holding onto mine until it explodes or gets updated into extinction.

justin1578

Nov 7, 2010
Visit site

Samsung says you can return it for a full refund. Take the above advise and take it to a corporate store.

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site

Imma trade my note 7 for lg v20 preorder, i rather have google pixel xl but only verizon will have it

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

At ATT corp store now... Doing a full return/refund... No questions asked (yet)...

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site

At ATT corp store now... Doing a full return/refund... No questions asked (yet)...
I just called att and they told me it's up to the manager of the store if they will do a refund instead of an exchange. That sucks for me because I don't want an exchange because there's no other phone I like.

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

I just called att and they told me it's up to the manager of the store if they will do a refund instead of an exchange. That sucks for me because I don't want an exchange because there's no other phone I like.
Same here. If they don't refund... I'll be escalating and potentially canceling my service... Money walking talks quite well at times...

jsgiv

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site

Oh and I've seen the V20... Not impressed. The reps here didn't even know they had it in the store...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc