10-12-2016 12:42 PM
970 123 ...
tools
    [WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

Samsung announces global Galaxy Note 7 recall following battery explosions | Android Central
    [/WARN]

[NOTE]Please use this thread for AT&T only. For an updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, and links to the other carrier threads, please check the following link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...-7-recall.html[/NOTE]
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:31 PM
    I had an extended chat with ATT regarding the recall. At first they said I had to deal with Target but they later said that ATT will accept a return as well due to the situation. I explained extensively that what I want is an exchange. Their response was that any replacement would have to be handled through Samsung. ATT will accept a return or sell me a new device outside of the 14 day period but they are not doing exchanges. I have no idea if this is accurate information but that is what I was told after an extensive cross-exam by me.

To be honest, this really sucks. ATT has no other phone I want. There is no other phone on the market that I want. So, is the best plan to deal with Samsung? I'm virtually certain Samsung is going to tell me to contact my carrier, completing the runaround.
    09-02-2016 04:34 PM
    Basically, they are not giving us the option to keep our phones until replacement ones are send?

We are forced to either replace our contracts with another phone, or get a full refund? This is a big BS.
    09-02-2016 04:41 PM
    I had an extended chat with ATT regarding the recall. At first they said I had to deal with Target but they later said that ATT will accept a return as well due to the situation. I explained extensively that what I want is an exchange. Their response was that any replacement would have to be handled through Samsung. ATT will accept a return or sell me a new device outside of the 14 day period but they are not doing exchanges. I have no idea if this is accurate information but that is what I was told after an extensive cross-exam by me.

To be honest, this really sucks. ATT has no other phone I want. There is no other phone on the market that I want. So, is the best plan to deal with Samsung? I'm virtually certain Samsung is going to tell me to contact my carrier, completing the runaround.
    don't worry - you'll be able to exchange for a new Note 7 - this is from the updated ATT press release: "Customers will be also able to exchange that interim device for a new Note 7 in the future. That process will be shared as soon as it is available." Meaning you could also get an interim device and then exchange for a new Note 7.
    09-02-2016 04:42 PM
    Right. That's what they told me. Again, I have zero confidence the rep had any clue. They told me to return it immediately and that I can pick a new phone. I said over and over I just want a replacement. The answer was to contact Samsung because ATT no longer sells the Note 7. I tried to call Samsung and was directed to an auto message to watch their website for updates.
    09-02-2016 04:42 PM
    Interesting because I asked about that and was told no. Complicating matters is I purchased from Target and no one seems to have any clue whether that affects the process or not. It was Target but using ATT Next.
    09-02-2016 04:44 PM

I'd say just wait a day or two before being frustrated. Lets see what ATT and Samsung have planned. I'm hoping to get some freebies out of this. I'd recommend turning off fast charge and use the provided cables only.
    nonie and Ryan Hebert1 like this.
    Basically, they are not giving us the option to keep our phones until replacement ones are send? We are forced to either replace our contracts with another phone, or get a replacement? This is a big BS.
    To add one point, it's not just replace. They were clear you could get a full refund as well.
    Infamousx14 likes this.
    The information I quoted is from the official press release: AT&T Statement on Exchanges for the Samsung Galaxy Note7 | AT&T

I'm not sure how third party exchanges will be handled/
    09-02-2016 04:46 PM
    To add one point, it's not just replace. They were clear you could get a full refund as well.
    Ugh yea, that's what i meant.
    09-02-2016 04:46 PM
    The information I quoted is from the official press release: AT&T Statement on Exchanges for the Samsung Galaxy Note7 | AT&T

Well if you read the press release literally, it would apply to third part purchases since it says "ATT Customers with a Note 7".
    09-02-2016 04:47 PM
    I just spoke to the AT&T rep that sold me the phone at the AT&T store, and someone on their Customer Service number. They pretty much said that I could go in and exchange it now for a S7, an S7 Edge or an S7 Active. I could also return all of the accessories that I purchased with it. They were both vague on wether I would then be allowed to return the S7 for a new Note 7 once they received a new batch.

The rep at the store said I could also wait until they received the new Note 7s and then just go in and exchange it for a new Note. The other thing was that neither the rep at the store or the one on the phone could tell me how long I have to take back my recalled Note 7. It would be great if their was a little more clarity, but I can't think of another recall of this size for mobile so I'm guessing this has caught all parties off guard and scrambling to figure out how to deal with it.

I think I'm going to give it a few days to a week and see what happens when the dust settles.
    shaleem likes this.
    Ugh yea, that's what i meant.
    Awws3
    I'd say just wait a day or two before being frustrated. Lets see what ATT and Samsung have planned. I'm hoping to get some freebies out of this. I'd recommend turning off fast charge and use the provided cables only.
    Well if you read the press release literally, it would apply to third part purchases since it says "ATT Customers with a Note 7".
    I think you're right and that however it happens you'll be take care of. It's just that it just happened and they don't have procedures in place yet.
    09-02-2016 04:49 PM
    Anyone know what the options are for AT&T phones bought from Samsung online?

Called Samsung and they have no clue and it seems the carrier reps are more well informed than Samsung CS.

Edit: Just read the posts above, hope I can deal with this through AT&T since there is a store only a mile away from me.
    09-02-2016 04:50 PM
    I just spoke to the AT&T rep that sold me the phone at the AT&T store, and someone on their Customer Service number. They pretty much said that I could go in and exchange it now for a S7, an S7 Edge or an S7 Active. I could also return all of the accessories that I purchased with it. They were both vague on wether I would then be allowed to return the S7 for a new Note 7 once they received a new batch.

The rep at the store said I could also wait until they received the new Note 7s and then just go in and exchange it for a new Note. The other thing was that neither the rep at the store or the one on the phone could tell me how long I have to take back my recalled Note 7. It would be great if their was a little more clarity, but I can't think of another recall of this size for mobile so I'm guessing this has caught all parties off guard and scrambling to figure out how to deal with it.

I think I'm going to give it a few days to a week and see what happens when the dust settles.
    I think that's prudent. My only real concern was my initial 14 day return window ends today with Target but it doesn't seem like that is going to matter. My phone seems fine and I dig it. I sure don't want to downgrade. Seems like the best play will be to let this play itself out.
    abalboa3 likes this.
    09-02-2016 04:51 PM
    Got mine at Target originally, but I would guess I deal with AT&T for this. I don't want another phone though so I'll just wait until they have the new ones. I hope at that time I can just walk into AT&T and walk out with my new device.
    09-02-2016 04:54 PM
    Im confident they will exchange the phone but my main concern is how we get put on a list to get the new ones as they come in. Is it going to be a situation where I have to constantly call all the stores to see if they have any or will At&t creat a signup page to be notified when they have one for me available.
    09-02-2016 04:55 PM
    Yea I'm wondering the same thing. I don't want to have to keep checking it or risk missing a batch and waiting months or something.
    09-02-2016 04:57 PM

Thats what I found earlier today too... I purchased from best buy, full price, and i asked them what their plans were for this situation, via Twitter, and they said were aware of the issue, but to keep checking their website for information/updates.
    09-02-2016 05:00 PM
    I like the note 7 but worried about the screen (scratches and mine already cracked, from heat I think. . Plus I believe this phone lags compared to my note, touch lags, responsiveness lags, data lags and slow to load but ii magine an update can tune that up.

With that said, what comparable choices do we have at ATT for the recall replacement?
    09-02-2016 05:01 PM
    Thats what I found earlier today too... I purchased from best buy, full price, and i asked them what their plans were for this situation, via Twitter, and they said were aware of the issue, but to keep checking their website for information/updates.
    Youd have to think Target and Best Buy are going to push this to the carriers since they are basically not really making money on these phones are just middle men. They probably don't want to deal with it.
    09-02-2016 05:02 PM
    I'm in the same boat as you so I'm just going to sit tight and see what they say, see what AT&T says - and then eventually how this will be handled by Samsung (which will probably do it through the carriers). Too much is being said and a lot of people there may not have the full story. In the meantime, I'm going to use the phone.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-02-2016 05:05 PM
    Purchased at Target also (AT&T Next). My return deadline is tomorrow. I'm really tempted to just do a return and get back in line later, I have a minor display issue on my device anyway.

Only problem is that I rather not forfeit the $100 gift card that they gave me, how the heck will that work?
    09-02-2016 05:08 PM
    No issues here and today's my 2nd week of ownership.

My Note doesnt lag , heat up nor scratch easily aaand I still love the Blue Coral.

Like some folks here I'll simply see what happens but until it's confirmed that my phone is dangerous I'll enjoy every second of it
    09-02-2016 05:09 PM
970 123 ...