Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm a bit curious about exchanging the Note 7 for a new one when they arrive at the store. That is, do I have to pack it back in the box with everything (assume I do) or do I just give them the phone back? The only reason I ask is because I am going away for 2 weeks starting this week and I need my phone - but if it just so happens that Best Buy starts to receive the new Note 7s for exchange, will I have to wait until I come home and pack everything back up, or will I be able to just go to a BB wherever I am that may have it, and turn the phone in? Not sure if anyone has an answer, but thought I'd put it out there.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Best buy tends to be sticklers for original packaging and accessories. They will most likely require everything including the box.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Just talked to a BB mobile manager. Well, talked isn't quite the right word. I asked her how they were going to handle the exchange for a new note 7 when they became available. She specifically said, and we ended up arguing about it, that they will only do an exchange for an s7 or edge or a refund. When the new stock becomes available... They will not be swapping those. I asked her to look at her website and what does point 1 say? She said she read the website and understands the situation, if I want to swap the phone I have to go through Samsung. I told her to stop giving customers the wrong information and reread the notification.

Ugh.. I wanted to slap her...lucky my 4yr old was with me and I left.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Here my input for the exchange process at Best Buy I had before I initiated the actual return ie i asked a few question... I ask how the return exchange work. They gave me pretty much what was on the website for the option. 1.) Wait till the next note come in 2.) Exchange it for the other model and get the stuff exchange for the different etc. or 3.) Fully return it have it all reverse. For #3 I ask about the pre order bonus and the box accessories. I was told I can keep all that but try to return the box and of course the phone and the spen. So after a little thinking and backing up a few extra stuff to the SD card I decided to take option 3. They had little to no issue with setting my phone back to the old one, they did had to call Sprint to do a reverse upgrade with "alternate # upgrade" but now I'm pretty much set like I was before the upgrade with a few extra goodies lol and I guess that will compensate for the screen protector I bought and hassle...

I was also told that like always "when I used to be there" information get to them slowly.... and some of it was gotten yesterday on the process but those best buy that still denied it are more or less failures that can't do things right... and too lazy to process thing the right way since it will take away from their daily margin....

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Just talked to a BB mobile manager. Well, talked isn't quite the right word. I asked her how they were going to handle the exchange for a new note 7 when they became available. She specifically said, and we ended up arguing about it, that they will only do an exchange for an s7 or edge or a refund. When the new stock becomes available... They will not be swapping those. I asked her to look at her website and what does point 1 say? She said she read the website and understands the situation, if I want to swap the phone I have to go through Samsung. I told her to stop giving customers the wrong information and reread the notification.

Ugh.. I wanted to slap her...lucky my 4yr old was with me and I left.

No !

You are lucky you had your kid with you.
Had you slapped her.
You would of been in Jail.
Trust me.
Camera's are everywhere.

papashex

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
The BB website information for the Note 7 recall states a return for full purchase price is one of the options for dealing with the situation. When I attempted to do so I was told the SKU was deleted and they could neither sell or accept returns of my Note 7.

Is this merely at BB #665 or is it system wide. If system wide BB needs to update the website site so that it correctly reflects the fact that customers will be screwed out of their money in the event of documented and publicized manufacturer issues and that all return / warranty policies become null and void during manufacturer recalls.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
The BB website information for the Note 7 recall states a return for full purchase price is one of the options for dealing with the situation. When I attempted to do so I was told the SKU was deleted and they could neither sell or accept returns of my Note 7.

Is this merely at BB #665 or is it system wide. If system wide BB needs to update the website site so that it correctly reflects the fact that customers will be screwed out of their money in the event of documented and publicized manufacturer issues and that all return / warranty policies become null and void during manufacturer recalls.

You need to go to your carrier for getting things done to your phone.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I was just told that you can also exchange for any other device. It doesn't have to be a S7, S7 Edge.

I'm waiting for them to verify this though.

Kansatsusha

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
sku deleted or not they should be able to process returns as I did mine like 3 hours ago.

....edit....

unless they updated their stuff to reflect Samsung now from that link -_-" I guess I did mine just in time

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Still there

e67a5e014f2b1f08807277ca322273a4.jpg

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site

The link I posted says they are getting the phones next week and the 3rd option isn't there
//uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160904/afa5f43cf7f71dcc586c581560cc4e1e.jpg

Yep, they have removed the post-14 day return for full refund option. If you have the ability to return for a full refund, IMO you should. I did and my free GF2 is on the way to compensate me for my inconvenience.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I stopped into my local BB earlier today & was told replacement N7's should be in this Wed. We'll see.
They have no way of knowing yet. The only way they can check is in RSS and as of now RSS doesnt have the sku for the new batch. Best buy has absolutely no knowledge of when the new phones are coming as of today. They will know once corporate gets the shipment numbers directly from samsung and updates the global RSS inventory levels.

clerk

May 16, 2016
Visit site
Yep, they have removed the post-14 day return for full refund option. If you have the ability to return for a full refund, IMO you should. I did and my free GF2 is on the way to compensate me for my inconvenience.

If they did then that makes the decision much easier. Just wait for the new one. Fwiw att still shows refund after 14 as an option.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catherinediane