12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 1314151617 ...
tools
    On a side note. Stopped into my best buy to ask about the recall and was told "it's not a recall, it's just a withdraw Samsung is doing. There's nothing really wrong with the phones, Samsung is just taking a cautious step by offering a refund"
    09-08-2016 07:14 PM
    I agree that this isn't Best Buy's or AT&T's fault or obligation. But, I am a long time iPhone owner who sold a perfectly good and working phone for the Note 7. Now I have a phone that could explode (not likely, but it could)

AT&T / Best Buy promoted the Note 7 and I bought it using AT&T Next. If I bought it from AT&T, I would get a loaner, but because I bought from BB, I don't get one. I am simply stating that AT&T is offering a better resolution to the problem and in the future, I will buy from AT&T rather than Best Buy. Not because I am entitled, but because they seem to have a better customer focus.
    09-08-2016 07:26 PM
    Why would you think that people should not get a loaner phone (putting aside whose responsibility). A phone was sold which is potentially not safe. Nobody was negligent, because this was unforeseeable, but why wouldn't the vendor, carrier, or reseller want to do the right thing for their consumers?
    09-08-2016 07:34 PM
    On a side note. Stopped into my best buy to ask about the recall and was told "it's not a recall, it's just a withdraw Samsung is doing. There's nothing really wrong with the phones, Samsung is just taking a cautious step by offering a refund"

This is what concerns me.

Although I enjoy having the Note7.. the way Best Buy is handling this recall and these exploding reports coming to the U.S. I'm skeptical of keeping it, don't get me wrong.. I plan on exchanging. But still.. it's going to be extremely difficult for Samsung to find some momentum.
    09-08-2016 07:37 PM
    Why would you think that people should not get a loaner phone (putting aside whose responsibility). A phone was sold which is potentially not safe. Nobody was negligent, because this was unforeseeable, but why wouldn't the vendor, carrier, or reseller want to do the right thing for their consumers?
    One user already mention that Best Buy tends to make their own policy from store to store. Which that's why in some instances there is some successful experiences and then some horrible ones.
    09-08-2016 07:41 PM
    Totally agree with you. A consistent policy would be awesome.
    09-08-2016 07:51 PM
    I thought we wouldve heard something by now and we haven't. I'm preordering the IPhone tonight.

My Note 7 is starting to have charging issues. Where it charges extremely slow...and that's with the OEM Charger. When I pick it up, its hot to the touch.
    09-08-2016 07:55 PM
    I thought we wouldve heard something by now and we haven't. I'm preordering the IPhone tonight.

My Note 7 is starting to have charging issues. Where it charges extremely slow...and that's with the OEM Charger. When I pick it up, its hot to the touch.
    Only been a week tomorrow. Samsung said last week, within the next two weeks.
    09-08-2016 07:56 PM
    not all car companies give out loaners
    09-08-2016 08:00 PM
    Only been a week tomorrow. Samsung said last week, within the next two weeks.
    I thought I read somewhere, that Samsung said a week.

I work at Best Buy and I can tell you we haven't heard anything yet.

They, meaning Best Buy and Samsung, should at least provide some type of update. Nobody knows what's going on. They should keep us customers updated on the entire process.

While we wait for information on our replacements, more news is popping up of other Note 7 devices catching fire...smh.
    09-08-2016 08:01 PM
    You read Samsung USA said they should start shipping some point this week, maybe next. They did an updated statement, can't remember what day they did it.
    09-08-2016 08:06 PM
    You read Samsung USA said they should start shipping some point this week, maybe next. They did an updated statement, can't remember what day they did it.
    Samsung told me seven to ten business days today which they funnily consider next week. Not sure what math they are using....
    09-08-2016 08:16 PM
    This "the carrier shouldn't provide a loaner phone." is a really dumb thing to say. Nobody is saying the carrier is obligated, but to say AT&T shouldn't is stupid. If AT&T chooses to provide a loaner, what is the problem?
    09-08-2016 08:24 PM
    Samsung told me seven to ten business days today which they funnily consider next week. Not sure what math they are using....
    Samsung Global hasn't said that. Samsung divisions around the world have been giving incorrect info just like carriers.
    09-08-2016 08:27 PM
    That quite funny.... My return receipt say RECALL DO NOT SELL!
    09-08-2016 08:43 PM
    Samsung Global hasn't said that. Samsung divisions around the world have been giving incorrect info just like carriers.
    Beginning to wonder if Samsung is rope a doping all of us. They have a real nightmare on their hands if everyone starts returning these on the eve of the iPhone preorder. It's in their interest to string us along. Samsung USA today said "next week you will have a new phone."
    09-08-2016 09:09 PM
    For some strange reason, I'm thinking that this Note 7 issue is going to turn out to be bigger than what we think.

If we start to receive our replacements next week, great. But I'll prepare myself for the worst case scenario until I hear otherwise.
    09-08-2016 09:35 PM
    For some strange reason, I'm thinking that this Note 7 issue is going to turn out to be bigger than what we think.

If we start to receive our replacements next week, great. But I'll prepare myself for the worst case scenario until I hear otherwise.
    I was hoping by now we at least have a real ETA on the phones.........Were still in the dark and so are the carriers it seems
    09-08-2016 09:43 PM
    I was hoping by now we at least have a real ETA on the phones.........Were still in the dark and so are the carriers it seems
    Same here...
    09-08-2016 09:45 PM
    Beginning to wonder if Samsung is rope a doping all of us. They have a real nightmare on their hands if everyone starts returning these on the eve of the iPhone preorder. It's in their interest to string us along. Samsung USA today said "next week you will have a new phone."
    For what purpose?
    09-08-2016 09:49 PM
    Taken my Truck to be serviced.
    They have never given me a loaner.
    If you need a loaner car. You rent one.

The Carriers are the ones that has the contract on the phones.
    People like Best Buy just make the money when the phone is sold.
    After that its the carrier.
    mmsean likes this.
    09-08-2016 09:50 PM
    Looks like we got a bunch of very impatient people waiting on the new Note 7 to be made and distributed.

Don't think the battery mfg that would make the new batteries had that many of they laying around.
    Think they had to get on the stick too.
    For me I can wait.
    I'm not scared to use the Note 7.
    I can Be patient to hold on.
    I believe the 2nd time around it will be better.
    And it won't be long before Nougat is out.
    09-08-2016 09:54 PM
    Looks like we got a bunch of very impatient people waiting on the new Note 7 to be made and distributed.

Don't think the battery mfg that would make the new batteries had that many of they laying around.
    Think they had to get on the stick too.
    For me I can wait.
    I'm not scared to use the Note 7.
    I can Be patient to hold on.
    I believe the 2nd time around it will be better.
    And it won't be long before Nougat is out.
    Most of us can wait. All we ask for is some type of an update. I don't think we're impatient for that. To be honest, I don't think that's too much ask for.

I don't mind using my Note 7 as well. However for me to say that I'm 100% not worried, I'd be lying. I'm not saying I'm 100% worried either. What I'm saying is that even though i still use my Note 7, I keep a close eye on it while its charging and I would think you do as well.

You're talking about Nougat being out soon. I would really like to believe that. But we're also talking a carrier branded device and a Samsung device at that....if I stand correctly that equals ..slow updates 😧
    09-08-2016 10:00 PM
    But we're also talking a carrier branded device and a Samsung device at that....if I stand correctly that equals ..slow updates
    Setting aside it's a carrier branded and Samsung device... this recall fiasco is going to major setback for the Nougat update.
    09-08-2016 10:22 PM
    Yes, 8/19, was a preorder. The rep told me there was a restocking fee, I told him about the recall and he said it didn't matter. So I said whatever I'll dispute the fee later. When he processed the return it didn't put in the restocking fee, so he tried to add it, then asked for help adding it, then was finally told by the other rep the system was waiving fees because of the recall.
    Why BB suggs sometimes. What moron would try to charge someone for all this trouble the BUYER is going through? One in a blue shirt that's who.
    09-08-2016 11:00 PM
1,485 ... 1314151617 ...