12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 1718192021 ...
tools
    I'm not playing no games with best buy, I'm returning my phone on 9/29 or 9/30 if they don't have the new devices and get the OK from the gov to release them. Best buy wanna act funny and play game sometimes and I'm not about to lose almost $900 and not be able to get the exchange after 9/30
    09-10-2016 03:42 PM
    I went to BB this morning & they had replacements in stock. I was told that they now had to be approved before they could swap them out. They gave me an S7 as a loaner after talking to 5 At&t reps over the phone to reset my eligibility. They said they were optimistic it would be cleared sometime this week. With government involvement I personally expect October now.
    09-10-2016 03:55 PM
    I'll wait until they have an exact replacement, and I figure if they refuse they're opening themselves to a lot of lawsuits. My phone info says that my phone was made on 7 /25 in China, seems to be clear of any battery issues.
    09-10-2016 04:56 PM
    People that returned their phones, did they give you back your $50 gift card?? Since they basically forced you to use it when you pre-ordered. Did they give it back to you?
    09-10-2016 05:40 PM
    I went to my Best Buy (Iowa) and they had no clue about the latest emails or that they were supposed to register us for a replacement. After I told them what others here had experienced they looked in their systems and found a new notice describing the process to register/preorder replacement phones for us. Once they found that, it took about 10 minutes and I am officially on the waiting list. It was ironic though, they wanted me to show them my email from BestBuy and the posts here on the forum but said I wasn't allowed to power up my phone in the store.

I am going to wait to see how this turns out and may move to a Pixel/Nexus phone when it comes out. Only thing holding me back from just returning the phone now is we got a BOGO deal on the Note 7 and $300 in gift cards with the phone so I am hesitant to give all that up just yet.
    09-10-2016 05:42 PM
    Just registered in one of the best buy here. Since 1 closes to my don't know swat. Got the email a few minutes later and guy said that some are getting in now and waiting for this week
    09-10-2016 05:51 PM
    I'll wait until they have an exact replacement, and I figure if they refuse they're opening themselves to a lot of lawsuits. My phone info says that my phone was made on 7 /25 in China, seems to be clear of any battery issues.
    How did u find that information ?
    09-10-2016 05:55 PM
    How did u find that information ?
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...honeinfo&hl=en
    09-10-2016 06:13 PM
    I actually got a new $150 gift card with loaner s7 they said I could keep. Going to get new note 7 first in case they revoke it.
    09-10-2016 06:35 PM
    I actually got a new $150 gift card with loaner s7 they said I could keep. Going to get new note 7 first in case they revoke it.
    Hmmmmm get to keep the 150 when we return the device later for the note 7 huh. Hmmmmmmm
    09-10-2016 06:38 PM
    Went to the best buy where I originally purchased my Note 7. after making this my 3rd trip there after the the recall, I decided to just return the device completely along with the accessories I purchased. I was already registered to their email list for when new devices start to come in. During the transaction, I asked the guy helping me when they expect to get new Note7s in... he said they're already in the process of getting them. I asked if they already had them in, he said they expect to have them physically by monday. (Take that with a grain of salt). He did try to tell me that my new device was going to be mailed to my house, and then he changed his story when I told him no one has my address... he said then I should just receive the email once it's in store.

Didn't get any receipts other than to show that I had returned everything. Basically I did a full return because I was going to end up paying for a device on my CC that I wasn't using or able to use. So, I will just try to repurchase it when they come in. Hopefully.
    09-10-2016 06:38 PM
    I was told they had them already but can't do anything with them until the cpsc approves the fix.
    09-10-2016 06:54 PM
    Thanks .. Mine was made in China too on July 24 of this year. So that means we're in the clear?

Are there specific manufactory dates or countries that the faulty Note 7's originated from?

I'm still going to exchange mine whenever we're allowed to do so.
    09-10-2016 06:59 PM
    Starting to wish I had went to AT&T to get my Note on release day even though they weren't offering the free 256gb sd card on the spot like Best Buy was. At least I would have some sort of idea of when a new one would come in stock over the clueless reps at BB knowing anything with their first come first serve could care less attitude. Been a AT&T customer since 1996 and they literally frowned at me when I said I was a customer and asked about the recall but I bought it BB. Smh as I walked out.
    Killahhops likes this.
    09-10-2016 07:08 PM
    Best Buy talked to 5-6 At&t reps on the phone in different departments before he could find one who knew what to do. I think everyone is unprepared for what happened.
    09-10-2016 07:15 PM
    They sourced the batteries from 2 different places. Would Where it was made tell you which batteries they used.
    09-10-2016 07:26 PM
    Made in china does not = chinese (i.e., non-defective) batteries. Only the phones marketed to China had the non-defective chinese batteries, the remainder regardless of whether they were made in China or elsewhere contained the suspect Samsung SDI batteries. If you did not BUY the phone in China then you have a potentially defective battery. That's why they are ALL recalled worldwide, except IN China. How hard is this to comprehend?
    09-10-2016 07:49 PM
    Bought two note 7 on the Bogo deal from BB. Wife returned her note 7 for a s7e few days ago and walked out with a 150$ BB gift card for the s7e proml. I am holding onto my N7 until I can actually exchange it for another. My question is what's up with the 150 gift card? We already got 2 watches and the BOGO. Hopefully the gift card dont screw up our BOGO. Anyone else double dip?
    09-10-2016 08:08 PM
    Bought two note 7 on the Bogo deal from BB. Wife returned her note 7 for a s7e few days ago and walked out with a 150$ BB gift card for the s7e proml. I am holding onto my N7 until I can actually exchange it for another. My question is what's up with the 150 gift card? We already got 2 watches and the BOGO. Hopefully the gift card dont screw up our BOGO. Anyone else double dip?
    I chatted with the Verizon fulfillment company that handles the BOGO offer. They require both Note's to be active when it comes time to give you the BOGO credit. I asked them about the recall and they said that as long as I have documentation from Best Buy showing the exchange of my two recalled Notes for two new Notes (or another Samsung device on the BOGO offer) they can update my submission documents to reflect the new phones IMEI numbers. However, if I don't do give them documentation on the exchange or I sell or return the phones for a different model of phone (for example an iPhone), I would not get the BOGO gift-card.

The BOGO and two $150 Best Buy gift-cards are the only reasons I haven't returned our two Note 7s yet
    09-10-2016 09:36 PM
    I got the gift card today (printout with code on it) & offer for free gear vr. I'm afraid to use the card until I get my note replacement & I already bought gear vr when the note was released.
    09-10-2016 09:47 PM
    Just left BB, and they put me on reservation list.

Lady said they only got in 4 blue and 4 black for verizon. She also told me they can't do exchanges due to the Esn's are on hold from all carriers so they are unable to process them through their system. But we know that the CPSC is what's causing the block of the exchanges.

Was about to trade it in for the s7e and a $150 gift card... Just can't do it.
    rushmore likes this.
    09-10-2016 10:38 PM
    Well shoot.

I have an AT&T Note 7 purchased outright. I want the damn thing replaced; not some nebulous response and a vague 'better get it to Best Buy by Sept 30th'.
    09-11-2016 01:21 AM
    Don't care who said what or when.
    If they don't have a new note 7.
    I ain't going anywhere
    You must go to BBY in person to preorder your replacement! At least that is what I was told. They claim they cannot do this by phone. So more wasted time.

After I got home I had 2 emails confirming my "order" & listed the price as $899.99!
    When I bought it it was $864.00 (Verizon)
    BBY actually advertised it for $849.99 but that was not necessarily true, depending on which carrier. In any event, I plan on paying exactly $0.00 for the replacement.
    I asked if they would transfer data & they said they are "not allowed" to do that?! They said there will be a Samsung Rep there & he will be able to do that. If I could have both old & new note 7s in my home, I could easily transfer everything using Samsung Smart Switch.
    09-11-2016 02:01 AM
    You must go to BBY in person to preorder your replacement! At least that is what I was told. They claim they cannot do this by phone. So more wasted time.

After I got home I had 2 emails confirming my "order" & listed the price as $899.99!
    BBY actually advertised it for $849.99 but that was not necessarily true, depending on which carrier. In any event, I plan on paying exactly $0.00 for the replacement.
    I asked if they would transfer data & they said they are "not allowed" to do that?! They said there will be a Samsung Rep there & he will be able to do that. If I could have both old & new note 7s in my home, I could easily transfer everything using Samsung Smart Switch.
    Did mine thru phone.
    09-11-2016 02:50 AM

You can use smart switch to transfer your data (full backup) to your microSD mem card (choose the "transfer via external storage" option in the dropdown menu in the upper right corner), remove the card then install the micro SD in the new note and transfer it back using the reverse process. No need to have your first Note 7 present. Took less than 15 min. to do the b/u.
    blueGN7 and mpazevedo like this.
    09-11-2016 04:29 AM
1,485 ... 1718192021 ...