12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 1234 ...
tools
    Well I hope they aren't still selling this phone. They are opening themselves up to major liability if they are.
    Not at the 3 stores around me. Lesson learned for me, I think I will avoid Best Buy for future phone purchases.

This makes me wish I had a Samsung store close, similar to an Apple store.
    09-02-2016 07:17 PM
    Not at the 3 stores around me. Lesson learned for me, I think I will avoid Best Buy for future phone purchases.

They are a hassle of there is a problem. I've bought two from them but wouldn't do it again.
    09-02-2016 07:19 PM
    They are a hassle of there is a problem. I've bought two from them but wouldn't do it again.
    I told my wife I might stop going there because of this and she just laughed at me and told me I said the same thing about a year ago.
    Apparently I am not smart lol.
    09-02-2016 07:21 PM
    Yes, 8/19, was a preorder. The rep told me there was a restocking fee, I told him about the recall and he said it didn't matter. So I said whatever I'll dispute the fee later. When he processed the return it didn't put in the restocking fee, so he tried to add it, then asked for help adding it, then was finally told by the other rep the system was waiving fees because of the recall.
    And this is why I have all but quit shopping at Best Buy. They drive me nuts.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-02-2016 07:28 PM

I just wished I ordered from the AT&T store to be able to deal with them directly... Best Buy is the middleman, I was just in a rush to pick up the Note7... and AT&T initially stocked Silver models only. I had lucked out and Best Buy had the Black Onyx on launch day. But it's a lessoned learned if I plan on buying another non-iPhone.
    09-02-2016 07:30 PM
    just got off the phone with best buy. They told me that I could wait 6-8 weeks and swap it out when they get the replacement note 7 or come in and get a refund without any penalty. However that offer is only till this weekend and that might change once they hear from corporate. WTH? I might just replace for an iphone 6s plus (my experience with iphone is always get the "s") LOL.
    09-02-2016 07:33 PM
    just got off the phone with best buy. They told me that I could wait 6-8 weeks and swap it out when they get the replacement note 7 or come in and get a refund without any penalty. However that offer is only till this weekend and that might change once they hear from corporate. WTH? I might just replace for an iphone 6s plus (my experience with iphone is always get the "s") LOL.
    You might want. To report that to Samsung. I wouldn't trust they give you a fixed phone. Samsung is going to have the new phones ready in a couple of weeks.
    09-02-2016 07:34 PM
    Well according to samsung recall info best buy must take back you r phone and offer a lonaer.

The U.S. Product Exchange Program will offer consumers the following choices:

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (available next week)
    2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

As a gesture of appreciation, consumers will receive a $25 gift card or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.
    09-02-2016 07:44 PM
    My local best buy said I could return the device and exchange it for another or just return the device and keep the free gift. Samsung gear fit 2. Which is pretty dam sweet.
    09-02-2016 08:10 PM
    I also was able to return mine to my local best buy with no restocking fee and got to keep the Gear Fit 2. Today was the 15th day but the computer gave the guy no issues with the return, but he indicated that might be because I had bought it outright and not tied to a contract or phone line.
    09-02-2016 08:12 PM
    I just spoke with my local best buy and they said they are doing nothing until they hear from samsung
    09-02-2016 09:23 PM
    I just spoke with my local best buy and they said they are doing nothing until they hear from samsung
    They have heard from Samsung. I think you guys need to call the corporate Best Buy and report the stores that aren't cooperating.
    09-02-2016 09:29 PM
    They have heard from Samsung. I think you guys need to call the corporate Best Buy and report the stores that aren't cooperating.
    I did. They are the ones that told me they weren't accepting any returns. I'll call again and see.
    09-02-2016 09:31 PM
    I did. They are the ones that told me they weren't accepting any returns. I'll call again and see.
    I would call Samsung, get a supervisor and also give Best Buy the Samsung link, Global and USA.
    09-02-2016 09:32 PM
    09-02-2016 09:35 PM
    Hold that thought.. You might want to skip all that and contact CNN and let them ask Best Buy why they are ignoring a worldwide, well known safety recall.
    09-02-2016 09:38 PM
    Best buy has their feet dug deep in the sand, they are refusing to give me an edge or another device Samsung listed in the bulletin , then not allowing me to return listed interim devices when note 7 does arrives. Its all in the bulletin and Samsung's goal is to do whatever possible to get note 7 phones out of our homes to prevent risk of fire.

Read the bulletin carefully http://news.samsung.com/us/2016
    09-02-2016 09:39 PM
    Best Buy finally posted something on their site. I posted the link above....go to best buy. com and search for Note 7, that page comes up.
    "Note7 Return & Exchange FAQs
    Q: Where can I return or exchange my Note7?
    A: Returns and exchanges must be made at a Best Buy store.

Q: The Best Buy product exchange period for cell phones is 14 days after purchase. What if I've had my Note7 for longer than 14 days?
    A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns or exchanges for the Note7 even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period.

Q: Can I return my Note7 and get my money back instead of exchanging it for another phone?
    A: Yes, you can get your money back when you return your Note7.

Q: Will I be charged a restocking fee if I exchange or return my Note7?
    A: No, the Best Buy $35 restocking fee will be waived.

Q: How can I receive a replacement Note7?
    A: Currently Samsung is working on a replacement process. Sign up for notification above.

Q: Can I return my accessories for my Note7?
    A: Currently Best Buy will accept all returns for Note7 accessories even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period."
    09-02-2016 09:41 PM
    I'm just going to wait until the replacements arrive then exchange. Hopefully all issues will be resolved.
    09-02-2016 09:42 PM
    Ok good. I finally put on my "office hat" for ideas.

I knew one phone call and one story from CNN about why Best Buy was ignoring this, would have it taken care of tomorrow.
    09-02-2016 09:43 PM
    I know my local manager really well I'm going to push for a loaner in the mean time.
    09-02-2016 09:44 PM
    No issues with mine here, I've been reading that the 35 reported ones that exploded were all overseas and no US versions experienced this. Don't feel like going back to BB and dealing with this may just pass on it unless I hear different. Only went to BB for the 256gb free card AT&T wasn't offering it. If I have to I will just go thru Samsung if I really need to replace it. Will see and report back my experience here.
    09-02-2016 09:45 PM
    No issues with mine here, I've been reading that the 35 reported ones that exploded were all overseas and no US versions experienced this. Don't feel like going back to BB and dealing with this may just pass on it unless I hear different. Only went to BB for the 256gb free card AT&T wasn't offering it. If I have to I will just go thru Samsung if I really need to replace it. Will see and report back my experience here.
    No they weren't and yes there was at least one here maybe more.

Samsung has recalled all phones.
    09-02-2016 09:46 PM
    AT&T Free Msg: Samsung has announced that current Galaxy Note7 devices may have a potential battery issue and are investigating the issue for potential safety concerns. Please return your device and any Note7 accessories for an exchange as soon as possible. You can get more details at https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1122948

Bought my phone at Best Buy.
    Like the Samsung reps there
    Like all the helpni get there..
    And I don't have to wait for the extras

I will not return my Note 7 for a Buy back. Nor credit.
    I will wait for the new notes to come in.
    Not getting rid of my Note just because 35 phones out of millions has had a problem.

I've been told thebphoned has a 1 yr mfg warranty on it.
    09-02-2016 09:48 PM
    Best buy has their feet dug deep in the sand, they are refusing to give me an edge or another device Samsung listed in the bulletin , then not allowing me to return listed interim devices when note 7 does arrives. Its all in the bulletin and Samsung's goal is to do whatever possible to get note 7 phones out of our homes to prevent risk of fire.

Read the bulletin carefully http://news.samsung.com/us/2016
    I don't see anything that says anyone has to give you a loaner phone. You can EITHER wait and get a Note 7 replacement OR exchange for an S7/S7E OR return for full refund.
    09-02-2016 09:54 PM
1,485 1234 ...