12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 2122232425 ...
tools
    I'll be honest. I was hoping to never have to enter a Best Buy again after buying this phone...
    stronggeek likes this.
    09-12-2016 02:32 PM
    Need some advice.

Lost my S-Pen today... very disappointed. Should I go ahead and order a replacement via Amazon, or just wait for the new Note7 comes in to exchange it? Because I'm not sure whether Best Buy checks for that.
    09-12-2016 02:35 PM
    Need some advice.

Lost my S-Pen today... very disappointed. Should I go ahead and order a replacement via Amazon, or just wait for the new Note7 comes in to exchange it? Because I'm not sure whether Best Buy checks for that.
    That just depends on where you are at on integrity. If you're okay with it, risk it that they don't check. If you aren't, then just ask the rep there to see what they say. If they say it needs to be there, than it's your responsibility to have a replacement. I'm not judging either way. But asking them about it before the return might give you some answers.
    09-12-2016 02:51 PM
    Except there are phones that are catching fire even when not charging. Everything was fine until it suddenly wasn't.
    Those non-charging claims are extremely suspect. When they announced the 35 reported cases those were all said to have occurred during charging. Samsung (themselves) have not mentioned a single verified case of the battery issue happening when not charging.
    09-12-2016 02:53 PM
    Those non-charging claims are extremely suspect. When they announced the 35 reported cases those were all said to have occurred during charging. Samsung (themselves) have not mentioned a single verified case of the battery issue happening when not charging.
    The CPSC has mentioned non-charging fires, though: "These incidents have occurred while charging and during normal use, which has led us to call for consumers to power down their Note7s".
    Press Statement from the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Regarding the Samsung Galaxy Note7 | CPSC.gov
    09-12-2016 03:11 PM
    Just got back from Best Buy, enrolled to get notified when they will get mine available. So get this, our Best Buy was already exchanging, but was stopped by the CPSC, until the CPSC tests and approves. No word on when that will be.
    09-12-2016 03:13 PM
    Almost got mine Friday morning but the managers all had a meeting that morning when the mobile manager arrived. Locked it down then.
    09-12-2016 03:17 PM
    That just depends on where you are at on integrity. If you're okay with it, risk it that they don't check. If you aren't, then just ask the rep there to see what they say. If they say it needs to be there, than it's your responsibility to have a replacement. I'm not judging either way. But asking them about it before the return might give you some answers.
    I'm good on integrity, but I feel as though what's the point in replacing the S-PEN when I plan on exchanging the Note7 anyways. One representative online acknowledged that Best Buy will exchange it without the S-PEN, but I will try to get another rep to confirm it as well.
    09-12-2016 04:01 PM
    I tried returning my phone on 9/10 after getting umpteen emails from Samsung and Best Buy to return my phone.

I read the recall notice on Best Buy: Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy
    Tried to return the phone. No luck. I did an online order/pickup on site on 8/19 and they couldn't figure out how to return my phone for a full refund and no restocking fee. I walked out of there with my old LG G3 turned on and my Note 7 still in the box.

I then called 1-888-BEST-BUY and got the most horrible, uselss service ever. I was told to go back to the store and return it. (See the problem here)?

So I posted something on the Best Buy Thread:
    Note 7 recall! - Page 21 - Best Buy Support
    to which my post was taken down (maybe because I was too aggressive and they felt that it was an embarassment that it took 5 "blue shirts" 1.5 hours to figure out how to get my phone returned, and failed?)

I"m at my wits end.
    09-12-2016 04:07 PM
    I tried returning my phone on 9/10 after getting umpteen emails from Samsung and Best Buy to return my phone.

I read the recall notice on Best Buy: Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy
    Tried to return the phone. No luck. I did an online order/pickup on site on 8/19 and they couldn't figure out how to return my phone for a full refund and no restocking fee. I walked out of there with my old LG G3 turned on and my Note 7 still in the box.

I then called 1-888-BEST-BUY and got the most horrible, uselss service ever. I was told to go back to the store and return it. (See the problem here)?

So I posted something on the Best Buy Thread:
    Note 7 recall! - Page 21 - Best Buy Support
    to which my post was taken down (maybe because I was too aggressive and they felt that it was an embarassment that it took 5 "blue shirts" 1.5 hours to figure out how to get my phone returned, and failed?)

I"m at my wits end.
    Post it on their social media. And don't be an arse about it. Be firm but be professional.
    Serkle K and gogoplata1980 like this.
    09-12-2016 04:30 PM
    I plan on heading back to the store for attempt #2 to return the phone in about 20 minutes. Will let you all know what happens.
    09-12-2016 04:44 PM
    Record it as proof in case it goes south. Then a simple post on their twitter feed or facebook page will get things moving.
    09-12-2016 04:47 PM
    Thanks for @pehmeh78 for directing me this BB forum. I was able to find out on record if I am able to return the Note7 if anything is missing. If anyone has any doubts to the process.. they can reference this.

Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread-screen-shot-2016-09-12-4.44.50-pm.jpg
    stronggeek and ggrr8t like this.
    09-12-2016 05:02 PM
    Just left Worst Buy again and nobody knows anything about making reservations for new Note7
    09-12-2016 05:13 PM
    I just need best buy to make the return cutoff date Oct 31 by then replacements will be in and I'll know if I'm going to keep my lovely note 7 that I don't want to give up.
    09-12-2016 05:26 PM
    If I don't hear about picking up a replacement Note7 from Best Buy by Friday, I'm exchanging it for an iPhone 7.
    felloffthetruck likes this.
    09-12-2016 05:41 PM
    If I don't hear about picking up a replacement Note7 from Best Buy by Friday, I'm exchanging it for an iPhone 7.
    Welcome aboard. Same thing here except with Verizon corporate store.
    anon(5630457) likes this.
    09-12-2016 06:43 PM
    I just need best buy to make the return cutoff date Oct 31 by then replacements will be in and I'll know if I'm going to keep my lovely note 7 that I don't want to give up.
    Samsung, the mtg have you a 1 yr warranty on your phone.
    The warranty goes threw your carrier.
    So I really, really don't understand the problem.
    09-12-2016 06:48 PM
    Welcome aboard. Same thing here except with Verizon corporate store.
    Yeah, I don't want to wait another month for a replacement Note7, especially since the return period is only until September 30. The iPhone 7 Plus has many of the features that my Note7 has, including: great cameras, IPXX rating, and I like that it has stereo sound.
    Daunting1 likes this.
    09-12-2016 07:25 PM
    Went to Best Buy Mobile tonight and had a great experience. The guy there was very knowledgeable about all the happenings with the Note 7. I didn't try to fish for any information because I knew that I probably knew as much as him. He did offer to swap me out for an S7 Edge and return it when the Note 7 arrived, but he had no idea when that would be. I told him about people on the forum having issues trying to get a loaner phone until the Note 7 arrives, and he just laughed and said, "apparently those people don't read their email". Lastly, he said they were told that the phones can be returned in any condition. Broken screens, dings, dents, scratches, are all acceptable. They were told that they must accept the return no matter what condition. I just thought that was interesting.
    09-12-2016 09:03 PM
    Here is my experience...keep.in mind I work for Best Buy Mobile...

I went to our big Best Buy store to exchange my Note 7 out. The person in the mobile department was nice but didn't know how to do the Note 7 recall exchanges. So he made a couple of calls and got some info on the process. Being that I work at Best Buy Mobile and have done several Note 7 exchanges so far, I gave him the directions on how to do the exchange. He was like that's the same info the other person told him over the phone.

Nonetheless, he calls sprint to make my line upgrade eligible. He didnt explain to the Sprint Rep what exactly I was doing...which was exchanging my Note 7 out. The Sprint Rep then told the Best Buy person that because my line was a new line and not an upgrade, I will loose my number if I exchange my Note 7 because he has to cancel the Installment Billing Contract on the phone. At that point ...I was upset. Because all he had to do was erase the remaining balance of the Note 7, which would make my line eligible to upgrade into something else. However, Sprint and the Best Buy people said that wouldn't work. I told them that that's how we do it our store and haven't had any issues whatsoever.

So because of all that, I was unable to exchange my Note 7. The kicker was when I got up to leave, the Best Buy Manager said only 15 Note 7 have exploded and none in the states. I was like, you must don't read the news much.
    09-12-2016 09:23 PM
    Supposedly over 70 phones in the US have been reported by Samsung to have been burned up.

Galaxy Note7 recall now underway in Canada after over 70 battery fires reported in US alone
    09-12-2016 10:26 PM
    Need some advice.

Best buys site say and an email I received says. bring you note 7 to exchange and "if you wish, bring assories as well".

Don't worry about the pen. I swiped one from my wife's return for a spare.
    09-12-2016 10:36 PM
    It might not be moral, but can I just return the phone and keep all the accessories?

I'll take out the s pen, keep the charger and adapters. So when the new 7's are released, I'll have double of everything.
    09-12-2016 10:49 PM
    You would think they wouldn't try to reassure you or get you to not trade it in. They're are opening themselves up for a lawsuit if something does happen.
    09-12-2016 10:50 PM
1,485 ... 2122232425 ...