12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 2930313233 ...
tools
    Looks like best buy changed their recall page. It no longer says you can replace your existing note 7 with a new note 7.

These are the options now

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

2. Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.
    Will return the note. For full then turn around and buy it.
    09-15-2016 12:54 PM
    Looks like best buy changed their recall page. It no longer says you can replace your existing note 7 with a new note 7.

These are the options now

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

2. Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.
    They haven't change the faq anyways. So
    09-15-2016 12:56 PM
    They haven't change the faq anyways. So
    used to say
    "1. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available).
    2. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note 7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
    3. Return your Note 7 and receive a full refund.
    "

Now the first option is missing " Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available)."

It's similar but they did remove the first point, not sure why...
    09-15-2016 01:09 PM
    used to say
    "1. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available).
    2. Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note 7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
    3. Return your Note 7 and receive a full refund.
    "

Now the first option is missing " Exchange current Galaxy Note 7 device with a new Galaxy Note 7 (when product becomes available)."

It's similar but they did remove the first point, not sure why...
    Weird but as long as the FAQ says we can exchange it.
    09-15-2016 01:14 PM
    It seems an official recall may be announced at 4.15 est time today...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc....android-att-us
    09-15-2016 02:38 PM
    It seems an official recall may be announced at 4.15 est time today...

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cnbc....android-att-us
    Interesting... So one of two things will happen...

Extended delay or details released outlining what customers are to do immediately for replacement.

I'm betting the latter... With potential details outlining customers to turn in their devices as soon as today or this weekend.

I expect also that they'll announce all current "bad" IMEIs to be blocked as of 9/30 to force everyone to return the bad devices.
    09-15-2016 02:55 PM
    Interesting... So one of two things will happen...

Extended delay or details released outlining what customers are to do immediately for replacement.

I'm betting the latter... With potential details outlining customers to turn in their devices as soon as today or this weekend.

I expect also that they'll announce all current "bad" IMEIs to be blocked as of 9/30 to force everyone to return the bad devices.
    Or recommended us to get the new iPhone.
    09-15-2016 03:05 PM
    So the replacement is approved?

"Remedy

Consumers should immediately stop using and power down the recalled Galaxy Note7 devices purchased before September 15, 2016. Contact the wireless carrier, retail outlet or Samsung.com where you purchased your device to receive free of charge a new Galaxy Note7 with a different battery, a refund or a new replacement device. Go to Electronics & Appliances: Tablets, Smartphones, TVs | Samsung US for more details."

Source: Samsung Recalls Galaxy Note7 Smartphones Due to Serious Fire and Burn Hazards | CPSC.gov
    geekstergrl likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:26 PM
    Yes I read that as replacement is approved. I also did my IMEI check and mine is affected phone. I called best buy they were still clueless however maybe today or tomorrow they will get the notice for getting new ones. Phew! At least they are approved from what I read. Hope no more crazy stuff happens.
    09-15-2016 03:31 PM
    We should have a brand new replacement note before the 21st, there will be a long line tomorrow at bestbuy mobile because of the iphone 7 and note 7! LG should have take advantage of the situation and release the V20 yesterday, as some will go with the V20 instead of S7/S7 Edge.

Source: Galaxy Note7 Safety Recall and Exchange Program

5. When can I buy a new Note7?
    Our first priority will be to provide exchange program participants with a new Note7 as approved by the CPSC. New Note7s will be available at your carrier and retail outlets no later than September 21, 2016.
    09-15-2016 03:34 PM
    Oh man, I hope that is the case! I was worried this official recall might make things drag out. Maybe it will expedite things after all. Best Buy should figure all of that out around of the 12th of never, though. *heavy sigh*
    jashall99 likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:35 PM
    Yay that's great news. I must say media feeds on in last few minutes talk about the bad and not the remedy part of it. So is anyone going to beat buy tomorrow for note 7?
    geekstergrl likes this.
    09-15-2016 03:37 PM
    I took my Note 7 to Best Buy on Sept 3rd replacing it with a S7 Edge and was told to cone back in 13 days before the 14 day return was up to get the replacement. To their credit they really didnt know what was going on.

Went in today and got my preorder confirm for my replacement, even got the manager to write on my receipt they're waiving any return fees, etc. It was pretty painless.

I read on cnet the CPSC had to approve all new replacement models and 'it could take months'. Any one know anything else about that? Makes me think the 21st isn't overly optimistic.
    09-15-2016 03:47 PM
    Just called Best Buy and asked to talk to someone in their mobile phone dept. She asked what it was in regards to, and I told her my Note 7. Her exact words: "Is there a problem with it, is it not working correctly?" I'm not hopeful about this exchange experience at Best Buy.
    ggrr8t likes this.
    09-15-2016 04:01 PM
    Yay that's great news. I must say media feeds on in last few minutes talk about the bad and not the remedy part of it. So is anyone going to beat buy tomorrow for note 7?
    I have a preorder but gonna keep calling. I would give them like a day or 2 to catch up with the news lol
    geekstergrl likes this.
    09-15-2016 04:03 PM
    Ya I called a few local stores they are clueless besides the one I did my preorder with. He said they are shipped but don't know which stores and how many or carrier info..he doesn't have an ETA and to check tomorrow. Hopefully the preorder works where in we get email telling us it's ready to pick up. Let's see
    09-15-2016 04:19 PM
    and.. as I thought - they've released/approved!!!

unfortunately - my local BB where I'm #1 on the list hasn't gotten them in yet..

I'm guessing either ATT/BB is holding them at a local warehouse.. or Samsung is - one of the two... looks like Samsung is publishing that phones should be readily available by 9/21 to everyone...
    09-15-2016 05:05 PM
    Anyone got their preorder status change for the exchange,?
    09-15-2016 05:20 PM
    Not yet, have you got your pre-order status changed? No call from store either
    09-15-2016 05:27 PM
    I went into BestBuy Monday. They had no clue about how it was done. With the info I mined from here I had them preorder me a new one that will be help in my name. I received a notice saying it will be ready The 19th Store Pickup Items

VZW SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE7 SILVER
    SKU: 5622119
    QTY PRICE
    1 $899.99
    Pre-order release date is now Aug 19
    PRE-ORDER RELEASE DATE:
    FRI 08/19
    09-15-2016 05:33 PM
    Not yet, have you got your pre-order status changed? No call from store either
    Nope. No changes...
    09-15-2016 05:40 PM
    Well i just received an email from samsung.com confirming the new phones will be to our carriers no later than the 21st....yessss...patience is a virtue...lol.
    09-15-2016 05:41 PM
    I had two stores preordered from.. So hoping one will be here soonee then the other lol
    09-15-2016 05:42 PM
    But it says august 19th just like it did prior to this whole fiasco .. if it comes on 19th September that would be sweet
    geekstergrl likes this.
    09-15-2016 05:42 PM
    I received a notice saying it will be ready The 19th Store Pickup Items.
    I got the same email notice. I also got the paper work as well.

I guess it's just away to get you in the system. They are using the same initial system to preorder the device. I could care less as long as I get mine by the 21st, but tomorrow would be even better!
    09-15-2016 05:44 PM
1,485 ... 2930313233 ...