12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 3334353637 ...
tools
    I've had a few Best Buy people tell me that if you return it with missing items from the box, they will take the same items out of the box of the exchange you're trying to pick up, or if you are returing for a refund, they will charge you $15 per missing item. Box or no box, they want the items more.
    Ain't gonna happen. Who wants ear buds that were stuck in my filthy burnt orange WAX HOLES?
    09-16-2016 03:57 PM
    Has anyone traded in their Note 7 for an unlocked S7??
    09-16-2016 03:58 PM
    They broke one open on YouTube , it doesn't have a battery.
    I would be guessing that VF is joking.
    Devenchi likes this.
    09-16-2016 04:01 PM
    I would be guessing that VF is joking.
    I hope so.... Lol.....
    09-16-2016 04:04 PM
    I returned my Note 7 to BB 2 weeks ago and I refuse to ever buy a phone from them again the service from preorder to recall was just awful. I plan on just going to an At&t corporate store instead and will hopefully have better results.
    Mine has always been completely opposite and good, since the S4. Wild the differences.
    09-16-2016 04:05 PM
    Anyone have any luck getting a new note 7 in exchange for your old one at best buy ? (Best buy note 7 page updated see below)

GALAXY NOTE7 RECALL AND EXCHANGE PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Samsung has announced a recall and exchange program on certain Galaxy Note7 devices in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, if you own a Galaxy Note7 purchased before Friday, September 15, 2016, it is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down and visit a Best Buy store for a return or exchange without a restocking fee.
    To start your exchange process with Best Buy, visit a store near you and talk to a Blue Shirt. Here are the options they will walk through with you:
    Starting as early as Wednesday, September 21, you may be able to exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device for a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC. In the event the store doesn't have new Note7s in stock yet, you will be able to exchange for an interim device and we will contact you when your new Note7 is available.
    Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge with a refund of the price difference between devices and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories.
    Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.
    09-16-2016 05:48 PM
    Key words in that bulletin about the 21st: "you MAY be able to"
    09-16-2016 06:08 PM
    Not all BB are the same some will just take the phone itself others will need box and all accessories when exchanging. I'm taking my box and all back just in case. Never use the headphones although it would be nice to get an extra type C wall charger but already have 2 wireless chargers I use more often. I will check with BB in person Sunday morning when they open to see if they have any in stock. Will take any color at this point.
    09-16-2016 06:35 PM
    Exactly those key words saying maybe on 21st make me skeptic on availability...
    09-16-2016 07:16 PM
    It's not our fault the note 7 was recalled. So screw em on returning the box contents, beside the phone amyways. I bought my note 7 , intended on keeping it forever and wanted to lighten it up some so I tossed the S pen. So BB, you can't refuse my eplacement, it's a recall, Sammy just wants the phone back(safety and financial risk). Oh and I wirelessly charge so I had no use for the stock charger, I threw the block at a cat in my yard and used the cord for a leash on my pitbull and it broke. Like I said it's not my fault I am being forced into a safe working replacement.
    Blacktagangel and Jaycemiskel like this.
    09-16-2016 07:48 PM
    I hope to be picking mine up on the 19thBest Buy Note 7 Recall Thread-bestbuynote7.jpg
    09-16-2016 08:12 PM
    This is going to be such a cluster puck with phones being returned that I think unless you are a lick the blue shirt will not care what is returned along with the phone. Just be genuinely nice. leave your stuff in the car. If he demands it say "Oh I am so sorry. I know how busy you are . Hold my phone I will go home and come back tonight. He may say awww never mind here have a good one. If he says ok go get it. Come back in and say surprise I had it in my car . I am so lucky I don't have to go home...now gimme my dam phone fool, LOL JK.
    Jaycemiskel likes this.
    09-16-2016 08:18 PM
    I hope to be picking mine up on the 19thClick image for larger version. 

Name:	bestbuynote7.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	154.7 KB 
ID:	239695
    You did notice that's it says Aug 19th? It's Sept now...

My pre-order replacement says the same.
    lanenubia likes this.
    09-16-2016 08:19 PM
    Anyone have any luck getting a new note 7 in exchange for your old one at best buy ? (Best buy note 7 page updated see below)

GALAXY NOTE7 RECALL AND EXCHANGE PROGRAM INFORMATION
    Samsung has announced a recall and exchange program on certain Galaxy Note7 devices in cooperation with the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC). Since the affected devices can overheat and pose a safety risk, if you own a Galaxy Note7 purchased before Friday, September 15, 2016, it is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down and visit a Best Buy store for a return or exchange without a restocking fee.
    To start your exchange process with Best Buy, visit a store near you and talk to a Blue Shirt. Here are the options they will walk through with you:
    Starting as early as Wednesday, September 21, you may be able to exchange your current Galaxy Note7 device for a new Galaxy Note7 as approved by the CPSC. In the event the store doesn't have new Note7s in stock yet, you will be able to exchange for an interim device and we will contact you when your new Note7 is available.
    Exchange your current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge with a refund of the price difference between devices and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories.
    Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.
    Wow...how many times is this going to be posted?
    09-16-2016 08:20 PM
    You did notice that's it says Aug 19th? It's Sept now...

My pre-order replacement says the same.
    Yes...It is a do over. Lets start from the beginning.Make believe it never happened.
    09-16-2016 08:22 PM
    If its too much trouble for you complaining just return it for a refund and pick up an outdated Iphone 7. I'm sure you'll be much happier...
    rushmore and Ludatyk like this.
    09-16-2016 09:02 PM
    Are people just finding stuff to worry about? I swear, everyone was just 2 days ago worrying that CPSC was going to take 6+ months to review, and now that that has been proven very false, now the next worry is whether or not you have to return your accessories. Seriously.

And why do people call BB like 2 hours after the official recall is announced by the CPSC looking for concrete answers? Didn't the last few weeks give you any clue as to the availability of information right after an announcement?

We give ourselves more agita than necessary. It will all work out. If not, go to another BB.
    pirarre, cwbcpa, Serkle K and 1 others like this.
    09-16-2016 10:14 PM
    Just left Best Buy. They had me sign up for a pre-order, hardware only. The rep and the Samsung guy said they will be in on the 21st. They also let you choose a different color if your heart desires. He said if you don't bring everything back they will just take it out the box.

This pre order is a call, email and possibly text (can't remember if he said this out but). But this secure a phone for you. The hardware only order allows them to just swap the devices instead of deactivating and reactivating another device (region would be a nightmare).
    I would require that it would be hardware only since I bought my phone outright without activation and I don't need them to now all of a sudden activate the new phone for me. So, it's good that this is how it would and should be done.
    09-16-2016 10:59 PM
    So...The question was asked by at least a few members and remained unanswered. Once again If you received any freebies with your exchange such as VR, gift cards, etc... what makes you feel that they would not have to return them with the return of the item those freebies are associated with?
    Samsung won't do anything to risk upsetting a Note customer again. They remained a loyal customer. It's not worth taking back. Probably costs more to get the freebies back, than it costs to make them.
    09-16-2016 11:16 PM
    I returned my note 7 with no issues and received a loaner s7 edge. Only took an hour with no issues and was able to take advantage of the free VR promo. When they put me on the pre order list for the note(whenever that is) the guy gave me the s pen out of the note and the head phones from the note box which I brought back. Pretty painless. He told me he had to take the phone back no matter the shape of the phone so he said just have some extra stuff. The Best Buy was the Independence, Mo location.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-16-2016 11:44 PM
    I returned my note 7 with no issues and received a loaner s7 edge. Only took an hour with no issues and was able to take advantage of the free VR promo. When they put me on the pre order list for the note(whenever that is) the guy gave me the s pen out of the note and the head phones from the note box which I brought back. Pretty painless. He told me he had to take the phone back no matter the shape of the phone so he said just have some extra stuff. The Best Buy was the Independence, Mo location.
    Did you return the chargers?
    09-17-2016 12:46 AM
    I just noticed a email that I got last night (Friday) 7:30PM that my Note 7 is ready for pickup 9/16/2016. I wish I had seen it in time to go last night. !0AM I am headed there. I have 2 Note 7's but only one email for 1. Hope both are ready. Finally going to be done with this!
    cwbcpa, Serkle K and mikechaudron like this.
    09-17-2016 04:13 AM
    So does hardware only mean that you get the handset but no box or anything ? Does your paper or email say hardware only on it ? My preorder paper doesn't specify so was just curious. Did he give you an ETA on when it will arrive ?
    This is the email they sent. The SKU cannot be found on the website so I'm guessing this is something that will either go live when devices come in or something that represents phone for phone exchange
    Attached Thumbnails Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread-6232.jpg  
    09-17-2016 06:33 AM
    I just noticed a email that I got last night (Friday) 7:30PM that my Note 7 is ready for pickup 9/16/2016. I wish I had seen it in time to go last night. !0AM I am headed there. I have 2 Note 7's but only one email for 1. Hope both are ready. Finally going to be done with this!
    Hoping I get an email from either stores I preordred.. That be awesome to move on.
    09-17-2016 06:40 AM
    Hoping I get an email from either stores I preordred.. That be awesome to move on.
    Wow so lucky I hope mine comes soon too. Idk though because I did preorder in the best buy mobile store in the mall. The big stores were clueless last Saturday when I had preordered. What color and carrier are those notes that arrived?
    09-17-2016 09:34 AM
1,485 ... 3334353637 ...