12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 3738394041 ...
tools
    The bulletin did specify 9/21 for beginning (not complete) availability, so not getting the apparent surprise some appear to have.

Agreed it sucks, but a lot of devices to push through to correct for all retail channels.
    Ludatyk likes this.
    09-19-2016 09:30 AM
    But the government approved it no? So why still the hold up?

Also can anyone track their preorder number online on best buy website ??
    09-19-2016 09:30 AM
    But not a hold up, based on the bulletin Seems 9/21 is logistics issue to get product from wherever the product was being quarantined. Quarantine is an absolute part of process with CPSC.
    09-19-2016 09:36 AM
    Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh went to 4 Worst Buy over the weekend and NONE of them wanted to let me reserve a replacement Note7!!

https://twitter.com/BestBuySupport

Report all your issues!!
    09-19-2016 09:41 AM
    I'll be so mad if Best Buy gets it after the 21st....just called and they don't have any in
    If they don't have it by 2morrow I never dealing with BB for mobile again
    09-19-2016 09:45 AM
    So...went in to a Best Buy this weekend and just wanted to see if there were any updates. (Yeah...I love torture.) I found it odd that both people working the Samsung area...were using their personal Note 7 devices still. Seems like a bad image to portray.
    09-19-2016 10:12 AM
    I'll be so mad if Best Buy gets it after the 21st....just called and they don't have any in
    If they don't have it by 2morrow I never dealing with BB for mobile again
    To be fair.. the issue is with Samsung.

Best Buy is the middle man in between the carriers & Samsung. Granted, Best Buy can have poor customer service at times. But if there is no Note7s by the 21st... your frustration is with Samsung.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-19-2016 10:17 AM
    Well, I went to my Local BB, I was told they had Not rec any AT&T N7's yet (This was no surprise) I was also told that I had to have an email telling me that my replacement was in to exchange mine. (I registered on the BB site to be advised when They become available, I would not really consider that any kind of pre order/reservation) the BB page no longer has a space to enter your email address, if you call the support number you wind up getting directed to a recording telling you to go to the webpage) Really?
    I do not feel this is helpful, I will check my local BB on 9/21 to see if they have rec stock, if they have I will try to get swapped (Hopefully i will rec additional communication from BB) The one email I have received from BB corporate on 09/09 was generic and simply instructed me to go into a BB when replacements were available and get swapped, return the note or select an alternate device. I guess we'll see how this plays out

Cheers,
    BR
    09-19-2016 10:19 AM
    That's odd because the kid sitting right beside me was an at&t customer and had a brand new note 7 in a black box opened up trying to get switched. They were having some kind of issue, but I left before it could be resolved. The Best Buy mobile person said they have the replacement notes.

This was at the Town and Country BB beside Guitar Center as there are 3 BB's in Knoxville
    09-19-2016 10:20 AM
    And you know what's worst? Samsung told me several times that all carriers and best buy will have them on 21st and all colors... so clearly there is a disconnect between all 3 parties..and we get the short end of it
    09-19-2016 10:22 AM
    The best buy store has to do a pre-order for you in addition to that email notification from what I was told for the replacement note 7.
    09-19-2016 10:24 AM
    I forgot there is a BB Mobile just across the freeway from the BB I bought from, Perhaps I will see what they have to say. (they are on my way home anyway)

Cheers,
    BR
    09-19-2016 11:00 AM
    The best buy store has to do a pre-order for you in addition to that email notification from what I was told for the replacement note 7.
    Well 3 Worst Buy in my area, has no idea how to do a preorder for the Note7 replacements.
    09-19-2016 11:12 AM
    The Best Buys and At&t stores I went to. And I drove over 200 miles going to Stores and calling.
    Everybody was very nice.
    Everybody said I would be more than happy to give you a phone if we had one.
    We are sitting waiting on them to be sent to us.

You know when Samsung Sends them to the Carriers. They got to Put their Bloatware on them before they are sent out.

Nobody wants a phone any worst then me.
    Blame whomever makes you feel better. You are right.
    But people can't give you what they don't have.
    And how secure it may make you feel.

The Federal Government can't run its self
    And you think they can get involved in a phone recall and not screw it up.
    Give me a Break.
    Half of the people in the federal government don't even know what is going on.
    09-19-2016 11:21 AM
    Great... Best Buy always behind the curve
    Attached Thumbnails Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread-23727.jpg  
    Idelgado782 likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:39 AM
    I just find it odd that one BB store in my area of Knoxville had the Note 7 for those that had a reservation and the other 2 stores didn't know when they were going to arrive, but thought they would get them on Monday (today). There is no consistency.
    09-19-2016 11:41 AM
    Great... Best Buy always behind the curve
    does it have a date on it showimg what next week is.
    09-19-2016 11:41 AM
    I can't say if this holds true with Cell Phones or not but some other technology comes directly from the factory with the default image installed for the company that the device was made for (in this carriers) so they would basically be shipped per the specifications of the Carrier (eg: rom/firmware/image with features & bloatware) and specific packaging. Again I can't say for certain if this is true with cell phones or not.

Cheers,
    BR
    09-19-2016 11:42 AM
    I just left BB and spoke to the General Manager and the Mobile Manager while there. They put me on the Pre-Order List and said they expect many shipments this week starting as early as today. They also assured me that since I was an original Note 7 Owner that I will be able to turn in my S7 Edge (which I decided on when I turned in the Note7 10 days ago) with no issue even after the 14 day return period. The General Manager told me they have freedom to bypass any rules about exchange/return periods when it comes to the Note 7's within the individual carrier rules for the situation as long as you can prove to them or you show in the their system as an original purchaser of a Note 7. I am in their system and i have all the original receipts as proof.

In Short, I'm on the pre order list now and hopefully everything he says is true and I will walk out with my new Note 7 sometime this week without having to test his honesty about the return period. I have until Thursday the 22nd to return the Edge under the standard 14 day rule.
    09-19-2016 11:43 AM
    Considering it was sent today and it's Best Buy. Pretty safe to assume the 26th.
    09-19-2016 11:45 AM
    The people at Best Buy and the at&t stores only know they are to have phones shipped to them. Not when they are gonna arrive.
    09-19-2016 11:48 AM
    Mine says "Next Wednesday, September 21st."
    09-19-2016 11:54 AM
    Just got this from Best Buy email

Samsung and the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) have announced a recall and exchange program for the Galaxy Note7 after reports of the devices overheating and causing potential harm to users. If you own a Galaxy Note7, purchased at Best Buy before Sept. 15, 2016, it is extremely important to stop using your device, power it down and visit a Best Buy® store for a return or exchange.

New, CPSC-approved Note7 devices are expected to begin arriving at Best Buy stores as early as next Wednesday, September 21. If you purchased a Note7 from Best Buy, please visit a store near you and a Blue Shirt will help you through the exchange process.

There are a few options available:

1. You can exchange your current Note7 for a new, CPSC-approved Note7 as early as next Wednesday, September 21. If the store does not have a new Note7 device available yet, you can exchange for an interim device and we will contact you when your new Note7 is available.

2. You can exchange your current Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge with a refund of the price difference between devices, and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories.

3. Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.

Visit a Best Buy store for more information or visit our FAQs page.
    Could this mean they are getting them soon?
    09-19-2016 11:55 AM
    I just got an email from BB, not the one posted above (it says what the website does, same as the one i got on 09/09) based on the working of the one above, i would say that if you exchanged your note for a loaner you were registered for a replacement. Those that still have their Notes.... I don't know. (perhaps we don't need a reservation based on the wording in this email)
    Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread-bb_email0919.jpg
    this is what I got today.

Cheers,
    BR
    09-19-2016 11:56 AM
    Mine has no date wth... and it says next week. If I had to consider next week from today that goes beyond the 21st date. How stupid thanks best buy. Slow agony

Not for nothing I never got an interim device because I had a old s6 edge sitting in my house so idk why they feel I did lol. All I did was get a call from best buy to come in and do preorder reservation for my replacement and walked out with the paper and emails.
    09-19-2016 11:58 AM
1,485 ... 3738394041 ...