12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 4243444546 ...
tools
    I hate tapatalk
    Thank You
    Butt
    I do not get on Facebook.
    And I do not get on Twitter or insta Gram
    I don't do social media pages like those.
    Somebody keeps up with you and what you do.
    Like your government.
    09-19-2016 10:40 PM
    All this while i was mad at best buy. but not their fault besides being misinformed or not knowing anything however at the end the replacements are happening. Those who got their phones from Samsung.com are screwed. They can't send theirs back or get new ones. So crazy. So i guess I'm glad i got from best buy and could exchange for the good note 7.
    09-19-2016 10:43 PM
    Thank You
    Butt
    I do not get on Facebook.
    And I do not get on Twitter or insta Gram
    I don't do social media pages like those.
    Somebody keeps up with you and what you do.
    Like your government.
    And yet you use an Android device. interesting.
    dcooper830 and geekstergrl like this.
    09-19-2016 11:06 PM
    This promo is for only the s7 or s7e...
    Once the Note7 is back on sale to the general public, it will publicly include the Note7. The Samsung rep told me that it does also include the Note7. I was able to register for the SD card as soon as I got home.
    09-19-2016 11:07 PM
    Once the Note7 is back on sale to the general public, it will publicly include the Note7. The Samsung rep told me that it does also include the Note7. I was able to register for the SD card as soon as I got home.
    Interesting... So even though it says only s7, s7e, or s7 active - it accepted your imei and other details? Has it been validated yet?

I'll try it tomorrow morning.
    09-19-2016 11:15 PM
    Dang called my BB, my pre-order hasn't come in yet.. They're thinking Thurs.
    09-19-2016 11:32 PM
    Got mine today!
    09-19-2016 11:36 PM
    https://www.google.com/amp/www.techt...android-att-us

Reports are starting to show up on Reddit, revealing that Best Buy already has a batch of Galaxy Note 7 replacement units. Customers have received emails that their replacements are now available, albeit this availability seems to be limited to Best Buy stores at this point.

Nevertheless, other retailers and carriers should get the safe Galaxy Note 7 units soon enough as well.

Galaxy Note 7 owners who purchased their device from Best Buy, meanwhile, might want to go pick up their replacement units sooner rather than later. Best Buy said it will offer the replacements on a first come first served basis, which means it will not be handing out the safe Galaxy Note 7 units by order of purchase or anything like that.
    09-19-2016 11:36 PM
    Just some impressions on the new Note... it seems to get much hotter than my old one. Go figure. Also, i used to have a feature with the always on display where I could display an image under the clock. That is now gone on the new Note. No updates for the OS either...Strange.
    09-19-2016 11:41 PM
    Interesting... So even though it says only s7, s7e, or s7 active - it accepted your imei and other details? Has it been validated yet?

That is correct. I'm just waiting on the validation cause it saya it takes a few days. But I got a confirmation number email.
    09-19-2016 11:48 PM
    Just some impressions on the new Note... it seems to get much hotter than my old one. Go figure. Also, i used to have a feature with the always on display where I could display an image under the clock. That is now gone on the new Note. No updates for the OS either...Strange.
    Go into the AOD settings, there should be an update for it. It updated on mine.
    Joe Koprowski likes this.
    09-19-2016 11:49 PM
    Yes i also feel it's getting more hot omg I hope this one doesn't blow up. However the s7 edge and s6 edge get super hot too. All i can do is set a stock background or color for the always on display.. :/
    09-19-2016 11:56 PM
    Just checked it again and Serkles right. It must have updated itself.
    09-19-2016 11:59 PM

The site does say that it will take a couple of days to verify and a couple of week to receive the gift. While I was waiting for the girl to come back with my phone wi the screen protector on it, I went over to the Samsung section, and started looking at the Gear VR to find out how much it was. That's when he told me the price, and mentioned that "it isalso a promo gift if you purchased the S7, S7E, and the soon the be re-released Note7." That's when I said, "I just repurchased the Note!" So I asked how do I know for sure if I am eligible for the gift? He said the receipt should have some kind of coupon with it, so you can go online and claim it. I showed him my receipt, and that's when he said, " just go to the Samsung promotions site, and fill in the information. It should ask for the IMEI, and date of purchase, and you should be able to register for it there.

I did all of that. It also asks for a copy of your receipt, so we'll see what happens. I guess I'm not too worried about it. If I don't end up getting anything, I still have a 10% off coupon for Best Buy.
    09-20-2016 04:55 AM
    I went to the local BBM yesterday, they had AT&T replacements but you had to have pre-ordered them (they were calling their customers and seemed to have a good grasp of what's going on) They tried to call the BB across the fwy for me but were unable to get an answer about replacements. I went to my BB and they also had replacements, the blue Shirt asked if i had a pre-order, I showed him the email from BB Corp (The one that's a copy of their website) and said there was nothing about any requirement to PO my replacement, He asked if i wanted the same color (He only had black) I got to beta test their swap process, there were some bumps but 30 min later i had my new (passed IMEI check) Black N7 (I got to keep the box/accessories from 1st note). I hope everyone gets their replacement N7's quickly and painlessly. (my AT&T replacement has white battery icon)
    **I am glad this is done, My old N7 got rather warm yesterday for no apparent reason, It made me a bit nervous. Just paranoid i guess..

Cheers,
    BR
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-20-2016 06:59 AM
    Got my replacement yesterday at BB, Im with Sprint and they only got in Sprint and ATT replacements
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-20-2016 08:02 AM
    Even mine gets warmer than the bad note 7. Glad you got yours
    09-20-2016 08:20 AM
    Even mine gets warmer than the bad note 7. Glad you got yours
    The temperature of the battery was never a direct correlation to if the bad batteries would fail ... the bad batteries were always prone to failure due to the flaw noted.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-20-2016 08:32 AM
    Walked in the local BB yesterday as they were opening the case of Sprint Note 7s. Swapped out mine in 15 mins. Never thought I would say this but the new Samsung backup and restore worked perfectly. All of my apps, sms, wallpaper, .... was setup on the new phone perfectly.
    Bbarbie and geekstergrl like this.
    09-20-2016 08:41 AM
    Is that n app pre installed or need to download?
    09-20-2016 08:48 AM
    Went to the Best Buy in Gaithersburg, MD last night and got my new Note 7.

Not a pre-order, have no interest in re-sale value, never got on a mailing list...

The process itself was a little complex as they apparently had to outright void my old purchase, then consider this a new purchase. It probably had something to do with it being outside of the 14 day return policy in their system. While it was a little more time than I had hoped for, the staff were very helpful and straightforward.
    They did ask for all of the accessories and box, didn't feel like arguing as I had already bought a bunch of backup cables, etc. before all of this began, so I didn't really need them.
    The service there might be slow, and I would say they are understaffed, but when you get them, they are helpful and knowledgeable, or at least will know who to ask if they don't know.

So if you are a stickler for all of the details, not sure what the experience is. If you just want to stop having a bomb in your pocket, and just want the phone you originally bought? It is fine.
    09-20-2016 09:07 AM
    Walked in the local BB yesterday as they were opening the case of Sprint Note 7s. Swapped out mine in 15 mins. Never thought I would say this but the new Samsung backup and restore worked perfectly. All of my apps, sms, wallpaper, .... was setup on the new phone perfectly.
    Yeah Samsung cloud was amazing, better than Smart Switch because it restores everything exactly to how you had it on the previous phone
    09-20-2016 09:15 AM
    I swapped stuff from my old s6 edge where i had stored stuff from the bad note to the good note using usb wire that best buy guy had and we used smart switch.
    09-20-2016 09:21 AM
    The BB in Castleton Indiana only had Sprint and AT&T yesterday too.
    09-20-2016 09:26 AM
    In addition to backing up to the cloud, I would use smart switch backed up to the SD card. Trust me depending on how long the process will take (I was there 3 hrs), you don't want to be sitting there longer using smart switch via USB cable to back up. I saw people there for hours due to having to back up after the exchange was sorted out.

I came home, popped in my SD card and my phone was restore to the exact way I had it on the recalled note. Painless.
    09-20-2016 09:42 AM
1,485 ... 4243444546 ...