12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 4546474849 ...
tools
    My cousin who is also in the same area as me is struggling to find blue att note 7 at best buy to exchange hers out.. either stores already ran out and she has to wait or don't have them at all plus don't know the ETA still. I recommend those who are planning to exchange to get on it quick if you want choice I guess :/
    09-20-2016 04:21 PM
    Did you recieve an email or did you just go to the store and grab it?
    I received an email around 4p. Got to the store around 6 and they had put a sticker on the box with my name to hold it.
    09-20-2016 04:35 PM
    That is absolutely ridiculous! This is a CPSC mandatory recall; they have to exchange it. I can see them suspending your phone service, but not refusing a mandatory recall. I would get the name of store manager and report them to the CPSC.
    Yes, ridiculous indeed.

I didn't even bother going back to that particularly BB, went to a different one to process the return. They are treating the exchanges as a new upgrade. When I already did the upgrade already to get the Note7 and all it needs to be done is a swap. But BB literally has to do it over again. Return the Note7, have AT&T manually process it for a new upgrade, then... be able to scan in for a new Note7.

I think if I ordered the Note7 from AT&T.. then perhaps they could have tweaked the system some kind of way. But since BB is not necessarily a carrier, then they don't have the system in place to override an error. If anything, I just think the whole process doesn't make any sense.
    09-20-2016 04:53 PM
    I didn't swap for a loaner which means I didn't get on the reserve list for when they came in this week (today). Went to AT&T and they wanted nothing to do with me whom I been with since 1996. I refuse to do a loaner and wait another week before they get more. This has turned into a nightmare. Never going to Best Buy again for a phone.
    09-20-2016 04:55 PM
    Just picked up my new Note 7 at BB. Traded in old one 11days ago for S7E. Pre ordered new Note yesterday and got the email around 1pm today. In and out in about 30 min. Took the S7E I got 11 days ago back with no restocking fee or hassle. Treated it just like a loaner at an ATT store. And i actually got 10 bucks back for the cheap case i bought for the S7E. Plus I kept all the accessories from the original Note 7. Needless to say this best buy has earned my business from this point forward.
    09-20-2016 04:57 PM
    My cousin who is also in the same area as me is struggling to find blue att note 7 at best buy to exchange hers out.. either stores already ran out and she has to wait or don't have them at all plus don't know the ETA still. I recommend those who are planning to exchange to get on it quick if you want choice I guess :/
    That shouldn't be the case.

If BB is doing it correctly.... then each Note7 who has been requested is already spoken for. I know if I had got an email indicating my Note7 was ready for pick up... and it wasn't there. They would most definitely have to explain themselves... and I would request a gift card for the trouble.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-20-2016 05:00 PM
    It should not matter they should replace it regardless. If they don't agree I would get samsung on the phone while at the store.
    09-20-2016 05:07 PM
    It should not matter they should replace it regardless. If they don't agree I would get samsung on the phone while at the store.
    Well, yeah.. they should replace it with a S7 or S7e. But if a customer come expecting a Note7 without having one requested... then that customer shouldn't take blame with Best Buy if there isn't any Note7s for that particular customer.
    09-20-2016 05:22 PM
    Which carrier, color and state are you in?
    Sprint, Silver, Ohio
    09-20-2016 05:27 PM
    No problem! I got an email this morning that I need to take another picture of my receipt and resubmit it because they can't see my date of purchase on it. Going to have to wait till I get home for that.
    Thanks for posting this info. I went in and submitted for the sd card. Last month I went with the gear fit 2 and I don't know how much I like it. Coming from a fitbit the instability of the stair counter and kind of regretting the card originally. I'm glad I had a second chance. I'll report back when I get the approval email.
    Serkle K likes this.
    09-20-2016 05:30 PM
    Is Samsung going to approve receipts from Best Buy? Normally they just hand it out with the device, don't they?
    09-20-2016 05:35 PM
    Did the swap today, fast and easy. AT&T requires a lot of steps, but the BB staff was great. Interesting comparison, there were approx. 3x as many Note 7 buyers on the 1st day as iPhone 7 buyers :-)
    09-20-2016 05:48 PM
    So looks like Verizon is definitely going to be last to get everyone their replacements, probably adding more bloatware......
    09-20-2016 05:50 PM
    Yes, ridiculous indeed.

I didn't even bother going back to that particularly BB, went to a different one to process the return. They are treating the exchanges as a new upgrade. When I already did the upgrade already to get the Note7 and all it needs to be done is a swap. But BB literally has to do it over again. Return the Note7, have AT&T manually process it for a new upgrade, then... be able to scan in for a new Note7.

I think if I ordered the Note7 from AT&T.. then perhaps they could have tweaked the system some kind of way. But since BB is not necessarily a carrier, then they don't have the system in place to override an error. If anything, I just think the whole process doesn't make any sense.
    they're treating it as a new upgrade because they want the Commission
    09-20-2016 05:55 PM
    Finally got my 2 New Verizon Note 7's in Coral Blue. Rep was great and knew what he was doing. I didn't bring the boxes so got to keep all accessories. I asked about the S pens and said no at first and than said they are exchanging broken ones so Keep the 2 pens. I am happy. Smart Switch didn't work that great being backed up to the SD Card. Saved the Apps but no settings but not too bad.
    09-20-2016 06:06 PM
    I'm probably a unique person or my best buy is the greatest in the country but i was in and out in 20 minutes. That's including calling sprint and waiting. And i got everything in the box. Good luck to everyone else. Love my Ann Arbor, MI store.
    09-20-2016 06:12 PM
    I'm in Florida on business but I took my note 7 box with me just in case. I walked into the Boyton Beach Location and they had plenty of AT&T replacements. She did ask if I reserved one and I hadn't but it wasn't a big deal. They said my transaction was easy because I paid outright so no need to call carrier. They had every color and I switched from coral blue to black. They did ask for everything out of the box.
    Bbarbie likes this.
    09-20-2016 06:34 PM
    How are you all setting up these preorders and getting emails? I got my note from verizon but my wife went through best buy. She called today and the guy told her it comes up on the website when you search for note 7. Only thing we can find is the recall and exchange info but no way to "preorder"/reserve one for her. I tried googling fro more info but couldn't find anything.
    09-20-2016 06:35 PM
    How are you all setting up these preorders and getting emails? I got my note from verizon but my wife went through best buy. She called today and the guy told her it comes up on the website when you search for note 7. Only thing we can find is the recall and exchange info but no way to "preorder"/reserve one for her. I tried googling fro more info but couldn't find anything.
    That's the issue that I'm running into. There is no where on their website to pre-order the phone. And I haven't received an email. I'm about to return my phone and go back to my s7 Edge that I have on Swappa.
    09-20-2016 06:51 PM
    I just walked into my local best buy, walked over to the mobile department and ask to get on the "wait list" for the recalled note 7. They put my info into the system for my "preorder" and that was that. In and out in like 5 minutes. I got my email notification about 30 minutes ago that my VZ coral blue is ready for pickup.

Side note: Did you guys do a factory reset to clear all your personal data before turning it in or did you let them do it for you?
    09-20-2016 06:53 PM
    I was told you have to physically go in the store to reserve one and have a device to exchange for the reserve all the while get a loaner instead if they don't have any in stock. I refused a loaner none were in stock last weekend and now have to wait till they get more in stock other than what people put on reserve and getting loaners to swap with. Ridiculous. Next time I'll go to AT&T store like I did before the Note 7. My local AT&T store has plenty but wants nothing to do with me and my Note 7. Retardville.
    09-20-2016 06:55 PM
    You may want to try exchanging at AT&T.

I bought mine from Best Buy, but exchanged it at an AT&T store. This was first phone I bought at Best Buy. The staff there didn't really seem like they knew what they were doing when activating the new SIM card. It was taking them so long, I went and got lunch while I was waiting and still wasn't done when I got back. It might have just be a single-store training issue, but I wasn't going to go through that again, so I exchanged at AT&T.
    09-20-2016 07:20 PM
    I just walked into my local best buy, walked over to the mobile department and ask to get on the "wait list" for the recalled note 7. They put my info into the system for my "preorder" and that was that. In and out in like 5 minutes. I got my email notification about 30 minutes ago that my VZ coral blue is ready for pickup.

Side note: Did you guys do a factory reset to clear all your personal data before turning it in or did you let them do it for you?
    I did a factory reset on both of my phones myself while they were activating the new ones.
    mmsean likes this.
    09-20-2016 07:23 PM
    Picked up my Coral Blue today after returning my S7E loaner. Changed colors from the silver. Everything went fine. Got to keep the extra headphones from the S7E even. Happy camper here. So glad to have the Note 7 back in my hands!
    09-20-2016 07:24 PM
    That is absolutely ridiculous! This is a CPSC mandatory recall; they have to exchange it. I can see them suspending your phone service, but not refusing a mandatory recall. I would get the name of store manager and report them to the CPSC.
    BBs point of sale system is that way and they have no override in regards to phones or account issues. Their hands are tied for issues like this, but I agree they should be able to switch- if their POS allowed it.
    09-20-2016 07:37 PM
1,485 ... 4546474849 ...