Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
[WARN]UPDATE: The Samsung Galaxy Note7 has been officially recalled. Users who own a Note7 will be able to exchange their unit for another one.

Samsung announces global Galaxy Note 7 recall following battery explosions | Android Central
[/WARN]

[NOTE]Please use this thread for those who bought from Best Buy only. For an updated list of official statements from Samsung and carriers, plus what to do if you're affected, and links to the other carrier threads, please check the following link.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-7/719826-psa-note-7-recall.html[/NOTE]

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone that purchased the Note 7 on launch day(August 19th) have any luck with returning it to Best Buy?

Just curious, I know statistically speaking I am most likely fine, but part of me want to return it and just wait, but Best Buy is doing nothing. Just wondering if anyone else is having better luck.

Last edited:

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that purchased the Note 7 on launch day(August 19th) have any luck with returning it to Best Buy?

Just curious, I know statistically speaking I am most likely fine, but part of me want to return it and just wait, but Best Buy is doing nothing. Just wondering if anyone else is having better luck.
The ones I've seen aren't. They are referring people to Samsung and so far Samsung USA hasn't been giving good info.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site

I returned today no problem. Brought back the phone and free gift. No restocking fee.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
That you purchased on launch day?
Yes, 8/19, was a preorder. The rep told me there was a restocking fee, I told him about the recall and he said it didn't matter. So I said whatever I'll dispute the fee later. When he processed the return it didn't put in the restocking fee, so he tried to add it, then asked for help adding it, then was finally told by the other rep the system was waiving fees because of the recall.

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
And they said nothing? Two stores told me no. Best Buy support forums said they will waive all fees and we can even keep the SD card, bit they said no return window extension.
Today is the 14th day? It's within the return policy

BassSoLow

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
I was just at Verizon and Best Buy had sent a customer with a Note 7 to them. The guy said that Best Buy did not acknowledge the recall and was actually still selling the phone. He says he also spoke to the in store Samsung Reps who told home there was no recall. He was fairly upset to say the least.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully BestBuy doesn't screw over those of us that preordered. If they do hopefully Samsung makes it right. I'm not just talking about the exchange but something for the hassle and for BestBuy being a PITA. Like how Sprint/Samsung is giving the $25 credit. It's better than nothing.

doodleholic

Aug 17, 2016
Visit site
I guess I'll wait a few days to see what Best Buy's stance ends up being.

I pre-ordered online and had mine shipped, so I wonder how they'll end up handling these, and if I'll be able to exchange in store. I guess I'm outside outside of the 14 day return period now, but I don't want to return; I just want to exchange once replacements are available.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Yes, 8/19, was a preorder. The rep told me there was a restocking fee, I told him about the recall and he said it didn't matter. So I said whatever I'll dispute the fee later. When he processed the return it didn't put in the restocking fee, so he tried to add it, then asked for help adding it, then was finally told by the other rep the system was waiving fees because of the recall.

Wow. That would irritate the hell outta me. Going out of his way to charge you even though there's a recall. Then the other person tells him he was incorrect. Did he apologize?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
Wow. That would irritate the hell outta me. Going out of his way to charge you even though there's a recall. Then the other person tells him he was incorrect. Did he apologize?
Ha no he was clearly having a bad day. I try not to let stuff like that bother me. Usually a quick call to corporate or to the customer service desk fixes issues like that. Worst case it takes 5 minutes to file a BBB complaint online which will always go your way on little stuff like this.

My plan now is to wait for the pixel phones, and if I don't like what I see I'll grab another note 7. My wife is keeping her note 7.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'll wait a few days to see what Best Buy's stance ends up being.

I pre-ordered online and had mine shipped, so I wonder how they'll end up handling these, and if I'll be able to exchange in store. I guess I'm outside outside of the 14 day return period now, but I don't want to return; I just want to exchange once replacements are available.

I'm in the same boat as you. Preordered online and had it shipped to my house. I just want an exchange. I wouldn't mind a free gift also lol but...

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung experience in a Best Buy store is really the closest you can get to an apple experience, and I really like purchasing from them. I rarely encounter a BB rep who is basically worthless... I talk to verizon reps who know nothing frequently.

I'll wait until Best Buy has the next units in stock and then exchange it... If I exchange it at all. I sincerely doubt that I got one of the defective units and they know that 99.9% of customers DIDN'T get defective units, but they are just doing this to be absolutely sure.

Good on Samsung. They will lose a lot of money that they don't have to just to keep consumer confidence.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
The Samsung experience in a Best Buy store is really the closest you can get to an apple experience, and I really like purchasing from them. I rarely encounter a BB rep who is basically worthless... I talk to verizon reps who know nothing frequently.

I'll wait until Best Buy has the next units in stock and then exchange it... If I exchange it at all. I sincerely doubt that I got one of the defective units and they know that 99.9% of customers DIDN'T get defective units, but they are just doing this to be absolutely sure.

Good on Samsung. They will lose a lot of money that they don't have to just to keep consumer confidence.
Samsung has said all devices are at risk.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer