12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 4849505152 ...
tools
    I exchanged last night @ Best Buy but, was not given any $25 Gift card from Samsung. I thought it was to be a Verizon GC but, I received nothing. Did those of you who did the exchange get this $25 compensation?
    Maybe it depends on which carrier you have?
    My BB did not offer the 25 bucks to me either. After I left BB I called sprint and explained it to them so they applied a 25 dollar credit to my account. I got a text after the call telling me the credit was applied. That was pretty cool of sprint.
    09-21-2016 04:52 PM
    Interesting. I wonder why different BB's get different color's in stock. MY BB said they haven't seen a silver yet.

My wife's came in an AT&T box...
    The best buys hear in Beaumont. Texas had everything everyone reserved.
    09-21-2016 04:53 PM
    Seems like the $25 credit needs to be done manually (Contact your carrier) they won't apply it automatically if the replacement is done at BB from what I'm hearing.
    09-21-2016 04:54 PM
    Yeah i saw yesterday that the At&t replacement phone come in this ugly blue/white box with note 7 stamped on the side instead of the usual pretty black original box...
    09-21-2016 04:55 PM
    I just walked into my local Best Buy and got in the line that had 5 people swapping out their Note 7s. Guy asked my name, number and carrier, I asked if he had one in Black, he said yes and my phone was swapped out, no problems. I never went in and reserved a phone or anything, went in cold today. Glad it's over with, now restoring my phone from laptop with Smart Switch. I was happy that Samsung Pay installed without a hitch, now I can use it.
    soldier45 likes this.
    09-21-2016 05:33 PM
    Went to bestbuy today and they said they are not allowing returns for any phones that had their 14 day return policy expire. They said call 800-samsung.
    I called samsung and they said Bestbuy had to return the phones because it was a recall. I walked back in and bestbuy told me no again that I need to call samsung. LOL. doubt I'll buy another phone from bestbuy. I am going to call samsung on monday again. Personally, I want to get another note 7. So for now it's the waiting game and hoping my phone doesn't explode into a million pieces!
    This is what they told me at first, but when I told the manager I shouldn't be penalized for doing the right thing, he wrote on my order to replace my Note 7 even after the 14 days. So when my replacement arrived it was an easy switch.

So I'd push back on them, they'll ultimately give in and take care of it and you'll get your replacement.
    09-21-2016 08:13 PM
    Swapped out my phone tonight... had to go to two different stores to find a black model for AT&T. Ironically, both had silver models which people seem to be looking for. Exchange was very easy, only about 15 minutes since mine was full purchase and AT&T didn't have to be involved. I tried to keep my accessories, but they wouldn't let me. They demanded everything back and took the items I left at home (charger and adapters) out of the new box. I just didn't feel like fighting it. No $25 credit either, but I don't pay for my phone (it's a company expense). This was the 3rd and last phone I'll buy directly from Best Buy. While the overall experience was "easy" the practice, consistency and messaging among stores is ridiculous and each one acts completely differently with policies even among employees at the same store. Not going to deal with that again in the future.
    KupKrazy, Serkle K and coofoodo2 like this.
    09-21-2016 08:44 PM
    At&t customers, did you get the new replacement in the horrendous AT&T box or was it in the Samsung box?
    To echo the others: same lousy AT&T box. Except, LOL with the little black square on it to denote it was a replacement. But like someone else said-oh well-same beautiful phone inside.
    09-21-2016 09:04 PM
    Got my Verizon Note 7 replacement today from Best Buy.

NEVER AGAIN WILL I BUY A PHONE FROM BEST BUY!!!

First, I called the store where I orginally purchased it from and they told me that I would have had to preorder the replacement in order to pick one up today. I then got upset with the store rep and asked when did you inform me that I needed to do that. NEVER!!! She then said hold on and let me get the mobile manager. He was busy, had to call me back. He did call back and said he found an extra Verizon Black and when could I come in to pick it up. I said NOW. So I get there and they sit me down with a mobile rep and he tells me they need to do a return of my upgrade and then resell me the phone. I'm like what?!! I have UDP and they messed that up the first purchase and had to go through hoops to get the plan back, plus I already made payments on my installment plan of the original recall Note 7. He says it won't be an issue and precedes to call Verizon to do the upgrade return. 30 minutes into call and now the BB Mobile manager involved, And all I hear is the manager saying numerous times to the Verzion Rep we want the "ReSell". Well the Verizon rep tells they can't do the upgrade return. Finally the Verizon rep asked to talk to me. He asked me what I was trying to do. I told him that I just wanted to get my recalled Note 7 replaced. He said they just needed to do a hardware swap and update the IMEI. I said thanks, now tell them to do that for me. 5 minutes later the mobile rep rings up a hardware exchange and gives me the updated phone. DON'T know why that wasn't the first option when I walked in the store, sure seems like BB was trying to make $$ somehow doing this process.

Anyway, I have my new Note 7 and am very happy with it. BUT

coofoodo2 likes this.
    09-21-2016 09:08 PM
    Swapped out my phone tonight... had to go to two different stores to find a black model for AT&T. Ironically, both had silver models which people seem to be looking for. Exchange was very easy, only about 15 minutes since mine was full purchase and AT&T didn't have to be involved. I tried to keep my accessories, but they wouldn't let me. They demanded everything back and took the items I left at home (charger and adapters) out of the new box. I just didn't feel like fighting it. No $25 credit either, but I don't pay for my phone (it's a company expense). This was the 3rd and last phone I'll buy directly from Best Buy. While the overall experience was "easy" the practice, consistency and messaging among stores is ridiculous and each one acts completely differently with policies even among employees at the same store. Not going to deal with that again in the future.
    That's so shadey. The stuff they took out of your box is going to get thrown in a drawer, thrown away, or stolen by en employee.
    09-21-2016 09:13 PM
    Damn I must be lucky, lol, I got my email tonight so I rolled into my local best buy and told the girl that I was there to pick up my phone, she asked what carrier, told her Verizon, she said they haven't showed up yet. I said I got the email, it should be here, she said nope, not yet. The manager was walking by (he knows what I'm in there for, he's seen me the last couple weeks, hahaha) and says they are there, UPS just dropped them while she was at lunch. It took a while to get me set up because my wife switched our plan so it was throwing everything off. Once we got it working, the girl handed me the box with everything in it and said have a great day. I only took my phone in to them, so I have doubles of everything. I forgot to back up my phone on my computer, so I'm manually transferring. Oh, I also had silver originally, so I switched for black, and I am so glad I did, this color is beautiful. Sorry for the rant, but it's so weird how different everyone is doing it.
    mikechaudron likes this.
    09-21-2016 10:03 PM
    I got mine through a Best Buy Mobile store and was also required to return the box and accessories despite me having printed out notes from BB Corporate that only the phone was needed. It was largely painless, but I too will likely never buy a phone from Best Buy again after the way this was handled. You said it perfectly: "While the overall experience was "easy" the practice, consistency and messaging among stores is ridiculous and each one acts completely differently with policies even among employees at the same store."
    09-21-2016 10:05 PM
    Got my Verizon Note 7 replacement today from Best Buy.

First, I called the store where I orginally purchased it from and they told me that I would have had to preorder the replacement in order to pick one up today. I then got upset with the store rep and asked when did you inform me that I needed to do that. NEVER!!! She then said hold on and let me get the mobile manager. He was busy, had to call me back. He did call back and said he found an extra Verizon Black and when could I come in to pick it up. I said NOW. So I get there and they sit me down with a mobile rep and he tells me they need to do a return of my upgrade and then resell me the phone. I'm like what?!! I have UDP and they messed that up the first purchase and had to go through hoops to get the plan back, plus I already made payments on my installment plan of the original recall Note 7. He says it won't be an issue and precedes to call Verizon to do the upgrade return. 30 minutes into call and now the BB Mobile manager involved, And all I hear is the manager saying numerous times to the Verzion Rep we want the "ReSell". Well the Verizon rep tells they can't do the upgrade return. Finally the Verizon rep asked to talk to me. He asked me what I was trying to do. I told him that I just wanted to get my recalled Note 7 replaced. He said they just needed to do a hardware swap and update the IMEI. I said thanks, now tell them to do that for me. 5 minutes later the mobile rep rings up a hardware exchange and gives me the updated phone. DON'T know why that wasn't the first option when I walked in the store, sure seems like BB was trying to make $$ somehow doing this process.

Anyway, I have my new Note 7 and am very happy with it. BUT

That is not BB, but Verizon. BB is just the proxy to Verizon for the exchange and reset of the device purchase.

BB is as good as the carrier for this process.
    09-21-2016 10:20 PM
    i went to get my verizon note 7 exchanged at best buy tonight. the process was horrendous, and i think i got screwed in the process.

1) they couldn't figure out how to return the phone in their system and had to call verizon, resulting in being on hold for 30 minutes with verizon.

2) they processed it as a refund and rebuy, which means they returned my phone and used some upgrade option. upon review of my account when i got home, this invalidated my first payment of $36 on the phone and i will have 24 more payments to make instead of 23. also, on my new contract, there is a $20 activation fee. when i initially mentioned these concerns, they said 'oh you'll get it as a bill credit.' yeah i'm not so sure.

3) i had a $672 rebate for a BOGO by purchasing the first phone. i am suspecting that this return/rebuy may invalidate the rebate. when i brought that up they also dismissed my concerns saying that i was part of the recall. again, i'm not so sure.

i'm so frustrated with how little knowledge there is from BB employees regarding the whole issue. you would think with this nationwide recall there would be some official training about how to process this in their system.
    09-22-2016 12:58 AM

3) i had a $672 rebate for a BOGO by purchasing the first phone. i am suspecting that this return/rebuy may invalidate the rebate. when i brought that up they also dismissed my concerns saying that i was part of the recall. again, i'm not so sure.

I called the Verizon BOGO fulfillment center when the recall was announced. They said I would have to send them a copy of the paperwork showing the exchange. They said it was best to call them to do the process to be sure it went through OK.
    09-22-2016 08:56 AM
    I picked mine up yesterday evening. It took a couple of hours because I don't think the supervisor knew what she was doing. I think I entered my last 4 social security number in at least 5 times along with my account numbers even more. After everything was done, I head to the samsung section to smart switch. It fails after about 30 minutes. I didn't want to mess with it anymore so I left and restoring everything manually. Good thing I got to keep all my original packaging, so I have double everything. I have to call VZW to make sure I get my $25 credit. After this, Im just happy to have a working phone.
    09-22-2016 09:36 AM
    Well my Wife got involved.
    She is in the corporate world. She called At&t and got the payment reversed. So we will be back on the next plan.
    Best Buy had problems seeing it on their computer looking at At&t stuff , even with a email from At&t showing the case number where it was done.
    I spent 2 hours there today, after 3 hrs yesterday.
    But I got my new Note 7.
    Kept the Stylus from the old note 7. They was asking for it.
    Got the adapters out of the box also.
    Phone is doing updates.
    Best Buy does have a problem with their system and AT&T accounts. If you have a special account like mine was corporate and then personal with extra data and a bonus it can't be accessed at the store. They have to call the Rep or AT&T customer service. So far that is what has taken the longest time at the store.
    09-22-2016 10:20 AM
    When in yesterday to get sprint version and took 15 minutes. Cat named Shaun was about his business. Kept all my accessories and he gave me the new box with the new accessories too.
    09-22-2016 12:31 PM
    Just wanted to say I called Best Buy yesterday (9/21/2016) at about 4PM. I had not yet received an email. I was told my preorder did not come in yet. Bummer. About a half hour later, I got an email that it was in. Great! I went to the store and stood in a line for over an hour. I was hoping when I got to my turn they would not say my order was not in. It was. Most of the people in line were exhanging Note 7s. LOL. SO now, I am in the process of trying to set it up like I had it before. I did save my data so it shouldn't be too bad.

On another thread, the weight of the new phones was mentioned as feeling heavier. I had weighed my original phone with only a screen protector on it. It was a solid 172g. When I got home, with my new screen protector (same kind), the phone weighed between 170 and 171g. Hmmmm.

My build was from 8/31/2016 and was made in Korea.

Good luck to everyone. They were mostly just filling preorders last night and didn't have much stock beyond those orders.

I also got to keep all my charges and I took the pen out, so I have doubles. A good deal.
    09-22-2016 12:35 PM
    Just wanted to say I called Best Buy yesterday (9/21/2016) at about 4PM. I had not yet received an email. I was told my preorder did not come in yet. Bummer. About a half hour later, I got an email that it was in. Great! I went to the store and stood in a line for over an hour. I was hoping when I got to my turn they would not say my order was not in. It was. Most of the people in line were exhanging Note 7s. LOL. SO now, I am in the process of trying to set it up like I had it before. I did save my data so it shouldn't be too bad.

On another thread, the weight of the new phones was mentioned as feeling heavier. I had weighed my original phone with only a screen protector on it. It was a solid 172g. When I got home, with my new screen protector (same kind), the phone weighed between 170 and 171g. Hmmmm.

My build was from 8/31/2016 and was made in Korea.

Good luck to everyone. They were mostly just filling preorders last night and didn't have much stock beyond those orders.

I also got to keep all my charges and I took the pen out, so I have doubles. A good deal.
    That's awesome !!! My pre-order for replacement was placed on 9.10 and still 0 emails from best buy lol I am glad i picked up my new note 7 on Monday itself and didnt wait around for the preorder email since it's never coming anyway in my case.
    2 major lessons learnt from this.. 1. Never preorder a phone, 2. Don't rely on best buy preorder as they had goofed up my initial 8.19 pick up order and i had to find stores that had the phone and then they goofed up my preorder for replacement too and I had to go find stores that had one. In the end I'm happy to be back on my blue note 7. Good luck to all
    09-22-2016 01:26 PM
    It any BB try's to deny your exchange, show them their own website that covers this (there is a specific Q&A about the 14 day being waved for this recall)
    Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy
    If they continue to be uncooperative call Samsung (they have assisted in other cases. This is a Government mandated recall/exchange, "all other priorities are rescinded"

Cheers,
    BR
    09-22-2016 01:40 PM
    Has anyone had any luck getting the blue coral note 7 from Best Buy for the exchange?
    09-22-2016 02:52 PM
    Has anyone had any luck getting the blue coral note 7 from Best Buy for the exchange?
    They been more Black and blue phones than Silver phones.
    I got a Blue phone from Best Buy.
    But realize I preordered mine.

I would of been happy with whatever color I could of gotten as long at it wasn't white.
    09-22-2016 03:14 PM
    Seems like the $25 credit needs to be done manually (Contact your carrier) they won't apply it automatically if the replacement is done at BB from what I'm hearing.
    Thanks! I'll try calling Verizon. Since it is actually Samsung that ends up paying this elusive $25, I was hoping it could be a BBY credit or GC rather than a carrier (Verizon) credit. Not sure how I could actually use a Verizon credit since I have a prepaid acct. where I auto pay the charges at the start of each billing month. So, I never have a statement to pay where the credit can be deducted. Verizon has screwed up my billing a couple times already so, if I try to get them to apply the credit so next month I pay $25 less, I anticipate much trouble & errors. Can't see any (overpriced) item I want to buy in the Verizon store.

Yes, but had to pre-order the replacement GN7 in person.
    09-22-2016 03:59 PM
    So i initially brought the phone from best buy out right. After the recall and stuff i decided to return the device and do it on a payment plan than outright again with the exchange. I first went to the at&t store not to do the exchange there because you can't, but to buy the device again on the at&t NEXT upgrade plan, then i would return the defective device to Best Buy for a refund. Ultimately the guy said he couldn't do it cause at&t policy is to strictly exchange the device no purchases must be made with the first batch of phones. He was a little bit rude but you can tell that this recall affect us all and him telling me they called the cops on some guy yesterday trying to exchange his best buy purchased note 7 at the at&t. So i just let the little bit a of rudeness he gave me at first fly.

So i called best buy in my car to see if they had any in stock and would allow me to return and then repurchase using at&ts NEXT plan instead of just exchanging the device. They guy took my name down and phone number and said he would make some calls and see if that was possible. He called me back about 15 minutes later and said i could do that. So 20 minutes later i showed up at the best buy mobile store and the return and repurchasing of the device went on, everything went good. I return the phone, box, wall chargers and usb cord. but kept the s pen tips, headphones, and Type C adapters as well as the s pen that i placed in my car hoping to get an extra one like some people have been doing. He looked at the phone before doing the return and asked if i had the s pen. told him i lost it and he said that's fine he just has to take the s pen out the new device which he did but that was the only thing he took out, he also took out the extra s pen tips and headphones and stuff that i didn't bring back with me but i didn't fight it. Overall it went well and i was out of the store in about 45 mins. What was weird is that when he took the s pen out, he placed it in the returned defective device which was odd but whatever haha, Also the best buy Rep was actually the general manager so that explains a few thing.
    Razz likes this.
    09-22-2016 04:40 PM
1,485 ... 4849505152 ...