12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 4950515253 ...
tools
    Did Best Buy offer free gift card on pre-order Note 7's? I mean pre-launch pre-orders
    09-22-2016 04:40 PM
    Did Best Buy offer free gift card on pre-order Note 7's?
    I didn't offered or get any gift card even for "preordering" my replacement phone.
    09-22-2016 04:41 PM
    Seems like the $25 credit needs to be done manually (Contact your carrier) they won't apply it automatically if the replacement is done at BB from what I'm hearing.
    You get your phone yet Soldier45 ?
    09-22-2016 04:45 PM
    Does anyone have a pink/red hue at the bottom of the screen and a little bit to the sides of the edges of the screen? I hoping it's just glue or something drying. I'll give it til monday or Tuesday to go away before i return it for yet another replacement.
    09-22-2016 04:55 PM
    Got my new N7! (Verizon & Blue) took 45 min. They had trouble bc I am on prepaid. Had to swap SIM cards.
    I kept all acc incl. S-Pen. At 1st he wanted to keep the new charger but, I said Samsung only wants the phone & he agreed & let me keep it. So now have 2 of everything. It was 50% charged. I charged in the car driving home & seemed to get warmer than old one. Used Samsung car charger.

B4 I left home I did Smart Switch backup to my Mac. Now trying to do restore & not going well. It has been HOURS! Stuck on 49% "restoring Applications." I don't have many apps. Nor much content to explain how long this is taking. When connected to computer, got notice to install updated software for SS on phone & I said yes & over next 1/2 hour was prompted to do this 2 more times! Finally it worked but, as mentioned has been stuck on 49% for hours.

I'm concerned it is hung. It says do not unplug cable while restoring data but if it is hung up...? I will let it run overnight.
    He wanted the charger for himself
    09-22-2016 06:12 PM
    No mine works just fine.
    09-22-2016 07:00 PM
    Hey folks. I pre-ordered the Note 7 through Verizon and chose the 256Gb Micro SD reward. It took a little while but Samsung shipped it out just before the recall, and I was supposed to get it last week. However Fedex either lost it, or stole it, or left it out for somebody else to steal, because it never actually arrived in my inbox, despite what their tracking info showed. I can't believe Samsung couldn't be bothered to spring for shipping that requires a signature, for a $250 micro sd card - or at least I wouldn't have believed it before this whole recall fiasco. Guess the cost-cutting measures run up and down the organization - which probably explains why I've been on the 1-800 line for half an hour waiting for a human being to pick up.

Anyhow, has anybody had similar issues getting their reward? If so, were you able to get Samsung to send you a replacement?
    09-22-2016 07:50 PM
    You get your phone yet Soldier45 ?
    Yes just a few minutes ago. 4 hour process but all is well. Phone feels a little lighter than the old one. Green battery indicator good to go!
    09-22-2016 08:17 PM
    Hey folks. I pre-ordered the Note 7 through Verizon and chose the 256Gb Micro SD reward. It took a little while but Samsung shipped it out just before the recall, and I was supposed to get it last week. However Fedex either lost it, or stole it, or left it out for somebody else to steal, because it never actually arrived in my inbox, despite what their tracking info showed. I can't believe Samsung couldn't be bothered to spring for shipping that requires a signature, for a $250 micro sd card - or at least I wouldn't have believed it before this whole recall fiasco. Guess the cost-cutting measures run up and down the organization - which probably explains why I've been on the 1-800 line for half an hour waiting for a human being to pick up.

Anyhow, has anybody had similar issues getting their reward? If so, were you able to get Samsung to send you a replacement?
    That is odd, since Verizon never ships without needing signature. Not even sure you can change that until after first delivery attempt.
    09-22-2016 08:28 PM
    That is odd, since Verizon never ships without needing signature. Not even sure you can change that until after first delivery attempt.
    Not really. Verizon doesn't ship the gifts, Samsung does. Don't believe they ever ask for signature, so sounds like it's par for the course.
    09-22-2016 09:17 PM
    Not really. Verizon doesn't ship the gifts, Samsung does. Don't believe they ever ask for signature, so sounds like it's par for the course.
    Oh, thought was referring to the Note 7. Duh!
    09-22-2016 10:13 PM
    I got my new Note 7 a couple days ago. Long story short, I originally bought my Note 7 from BB. About a week ago, I swapped it out for an S7E at BB. I kept the the s-pen, charger, and everything else that it came with, even the box. BB didn't hassle me at all. Just gave them my phone and got the S7E plus the price difference refunded to my card. I was then given a $100 BB gift card for their S7E promo. When I got home I also to applied for the S7E Samsung VR/256GB card promo from Samsung. Fast forward to a couple days ago, BB didn't have the replacement Note 7 available for public. They had them in stock only for the people that pre-ordered the replacement. Since my S7E was under the 14 day period though, I did a normal return on my S7E because the Verizon store had the replacement Note 7's available for public. I still got to keep the $100 BB gift card. He was also nice and somehow waived the $35 restocking fee. Then I went to the Verizon store and repurchased the replacement Note 7. So I basically kept all my gifts and accessories and got my new Note 7 right away. I'm also gonna enter my new Note 7 for the Samsung promo and get a 256GB card. It's been time consuming, but I'm def not complaining lol. This is for the BB at Mall of America @ MN btw.
    mikechaudron likes this.
    09-23-2016 04:59 AM
    I still haven't heard anything from my Bestbuy on my second 'preorder'. (They botched it and skipped over me because they thought it was a duplicate order, and had to 're-preorder'.) I'm starting to get antsy because on Tuesday the girl said they were going to start selling to the general public again on Saturday, the 24th.
    09-23-2016 07:23 AM
    Thanks! I'll try calling Verizon. Since it is actually Samsung that ends up paying this elusive $25, I was hoping it could be a BBY credit or GC rather than a carrier (Verizon) credit. Not sure how I could actually use a Verizon credit since I have a prepaid acct. where I auto pay the charges at the start of each billing month. So, I never have a statement to pay where the credit can be deducted. Verizon has screwed up my billing a couple times already so, if I try to get them to apply the credit so next month I pay $25 less, I anticipate much trouble & errors. Can't see any (overpriced) item I want to buy in the Verizon store.

Yes, but had to pre-order the replacement GN7 in person.
    Yep I had to call Verizon yesterday and they gave me $41 credit. They were pushing for accessories credit, but I wasn't having it. My bill is already high enough lol.

Has anyone had any luck getting the blue coral note 7 from Best Buy for the exchange?
    Already mentioned, I believe most stores are getting black and blue versions. I was successful exchanging black for blue although I wanted silver. But I'm liking the blue.
    09-23-2016 07:36 AM
    Already mentioned, I believe most stores are getting black and blue versions. I was successful exchanging black for blue although I wanted silver. But I'm liking the blue.
    My store was the reverse- they had a few extra silver and no extra blue or black. (Albeit Sprint rather than Verizon.) Luck of the draw, I guess.
    09-23-2016 08:05 AM
    Thanks! I'll try calling Verizon. Since it is actually Samsung that ends up paying this elusive $25, I was hoping it could be a BBY credit or GC rather than a carrier (Verizon) credit. Not sure how I could actually use a Verizon credit since I have a prepaid acct. where I auto pay the charges at the start of each billing month. So, I never have a statement to pay where the credit can be deducted. Verizon has screwed up my billing a couple times already so, if I try to get them to apply the credit so next month I pay $25 less, I anticipate much trouble & errors. Can't see any (overpriced) item I want to buy in the Verizon store.

Yes, but had to pre-order the replacement GN7 in person.
    Has anyone had any luck getting the blue coral note 7 from Best Buy for the exchange?
    My store was the reverse- they had a few extra silver and no extra blue or black. (Albeit Sprint rather than Verizon.) Luck of the draw, I guess.
    Im on Verizon, so i guess VZW models received mostly black and blue cant be to sure.
    09-23-2016 08:12 AM
    Did anyone originally pay for their phone with a 2-year contract?
    I did with Sprint and noticed after my exchange my new contract date is the exchange date, 9/19 (instead of the original purchase date, 8/19). They reversed the upgrade and started over. I don't think my contract should be extended a month over this.

Anyway, I called Sprint and after transferring me from Customer Care to the Order Dept, they told me I had to call Best Buy because they "pay the contract." I also asked about the $25 carrier credit and the guy (albeit this was the Order Dept) said it only applied to people switching from the Note7 to the S7/S7 Edge (which I know is wrong).

So two questions for the forum:
    1. Has anyone dealt with a contract issue like this before? Any positive resolution advise or am I stuck with it?
    2. Does anyone have a link from a Sprint website where it says we get a $25 credit for exchanging our Note7s. I see it on Best Buy's website and even Samsung's but it's not specific to Sprint. Anything I've found on Sprint.com has been updated on Sept 20th and stripped of most details.
    09-23-2016 03:36 PM
    Did anyone originally pay for their phone with a 2-year contract?
    I did with Sprint and noticed after my exchange my new contract date is the exchange date, 9/19 (instead of the original purchase date, 8/19). They reversed the upgrade and started over. I don't think my contract should be extended a month over this.

Anyway, I called Sprint and after transferring me from Customer Care to the Order Dept, they told me I had to call Best Buy because they "pay the contract." I also asked about the $25 carrier credit and the guy (albeit this was the Order Dept) said it only applied to people switching from the Note7 to the S7/S7 Edge (which I know is wrong).

So two questions for the forum:
    1. Has anyone dealt with a contract issue like this before? Any positive resolution advise or am I stuck with it?
    2. Does anyone have a link from a Sprint website where it says we get a $25 credit for exchanging our Note7s. I see it on Best Buy's website and even Samsung's but it's not specific to Sprint. Anything I've found on Sprint.com has been updated on Sept 20th and stripped of most details.
    I am having a problem getting my 2 $25 dollars credit for my 2 note 7's. Best buy said it was going to be their gift cards and now saying Verizon credit. I thought the problems were over. Guess not.
    09-23-2016 03:41 PM
    Best Buy said they was taking in my Old Note 7 and paying it off.
    And giving me a new Note 7 and putting it on the next plan.
    I asked if I would loose the time I had already paid,
    They said no.
    I really, really don't care.
    I used the phone for a month.
    And I got a brand new phone.
    I would of easily paid more than that to get a new note 7.
    I never asked about the 25.00 credit cause I didn't care.
    25.00 is not enough money for me to get concerned about.
    I go out to Whataburger and eat a meal and its 8.00

I don't feel like I lost anything.

To you it may be a Big Deal.
    But for what all you have to go thew to worry about it.
    Its not worth my time.
    09-23-2016 03:44 PM
    Best Buy said they was taking in my Old Note 7 and paying it off.
    And giving me a new Note 7 and putting it on the next plan.
    I asked if I would loose the time I had already paid,
    They said no.
    I really, really don't care.
    I used the phone for a month.
    And I got a brand new phone.
    I would of easily paid more than that to get a new note 7.
    I never asked about the 25.00 credit cause I didn't care.
    25.00 is not enough money for me to get concerned about.
    I go out to Whataburger and eat a meal and its 8.00

I don't feel like I lost anything.

To you it may be a Big Deal.
    But for what all you have to go thew to worry about it.
    Its not worth my time.
    This looks like a poem.
    09-23-2016 04:27 PM
    This looks like a poem.
    I almost fell out of my chair when I read this comment because I was thinking the same thing.
    homer813 likes this.
    09-23-2016 05:04 PM
    When you get a replacement phone what comes in the box?
    09-23-2016 09:14 PM
    When you get a replacement phone what comes in the box?
    Everything it's like a new sale. Except depending on where you go, they may decide to take stuff out that u didn't bring back in.
    09-23-2016 09:16 PM
    Finally got my note 7!! Had to go to AT&T to exchange it. I had the blue and wanted to keep the same color. Every Best Buy in my area either had black or they where sold out. So I took it to AT&T store and told them I bought it from a third party. For some reason if you tell them you got it from Best Buy they tell you that you will you have to return it to them. The only thing she did was a managers override and I got it. On another note I went to best buy afterwards to see why AT&T does not accept phones from them and they said it's because of the next plan. If you want to return it for something else when your plan is up the serial numbers wont match because a swap instead of a back out and refund was done.
    mikechaudron likes this.
    09-24-2016 12:03 AM
    Was anyone else given a set of tools and told fix it yourself?

;-)
    09-24-2016 09:26 AM
1,485 ... 4950515253 ...