12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 5051525354 ...
tools
    Thank you Best Buy in Billings Montana for a painless and efficient exchange!!
    09-24-2016 03:04 PM
    I went to the best buy in NJ trying to see if I can get a Note 7.i originally got it from Target and already returned to the same store. I told the BB mobile rep that I had I wanted to get a replacement even though I already returned it. (I didn't tell him I bought from Target). He said I have to put my name down for pre-order. There's a list of people ahead of me but when they get more stock in I'll get an email that it's ready for pickup up. He speculated I may get the email notice next week. I got my fingers crossed.
    09-24-2016 10:32 PM
    For those that are on at&t NEXT plan and had do the exchange at best buy, how long did it take for the process to be completed?
    09-25-2016 12:48 AM
    Absolute train wreck, fustercluck of a 2-hour return saga at Gainesville, VA location! Dude wanted to call Verizon support 3 times and each time there was at least a 15 minute wait time each time. Don't these stores have a special hotline they call at the various carriers. It's astounding they are required to "wait in line" with the general public phone queues! I kept mentioning to the guy that I bought the phone at retail and had no contract (on a month to month plan to retain unlimited data) so there shouldn't be anything needed from Verizon but he insisted in making this a difficult process. Throughout the 2 hours he had to call over a total of 4 other co-workers for assistance and finally got to the point of ringing up the exchange and it came out to me owing BB $53 so that was yet more time to figure it all out. I had envisioned going into BB, swapping out sims and transferring data in 15 minutes tops. 2 hours was a waste of time. No apologies for all the issues and wasted time. Top it off, my first experience with Samsung Smart Switch was anything but smart. Does this not transfer over application data? Such a pain to setup all my 2-factor accounts again and enter all those passwords for a ton of apps. Exhausting but at least my phone won't explode now, right?
    09-27-2016 11:03 AM
    I've still yet to get an exchange/replacement from Best Buy, and I 'preordered' on the 15th (which they messed up and cancelled thinking it was a duplicate) and did a second 'preorder reservation' on the 20th.

Is anyone else still waiting for their replacements from Best Buy? This has been a nightmare.
    09-29-2016 06:13 AM
    Got my Note 7 replaced by best buy.
    Then they emailed me and said the order had has been cancelled
    Don't know what that is about either.
    mmsean likes this.
    09-29-2016 06:30 AM
    Is anyone else still waiting for their replacements from Best Buy? This has been a nightmare.
    Exchanged to an interim S7e on the 16th, no word yet on when to expect a replacement N7.
    09-29-2016 06:32 AM
    I heard some best buy would sell it ... if they have it... but my local best buy cant get them because of UPS/FedEx doesn't want to transit it... new or old model.
    09-29-2016 07:31 AM
    Exchanged to an interim S7e on the 16th, no word yet on when to expect a replacement N7.
    Yikes. I'm reluctant to go to a loaner though (not that one has been offered the last two times I visited Best Buy) because I don't want to get accidentally stuck with it.

I still have my original Note 7 and have been using it sparingly, as I don't have a back up phone. (My Note 4 completely died, prompting me to look for a new phone, in the first place.)

I did notice that on the Best Buy recall page for the Note 7, they removed the September 30th deadline to exchange, and have changed it to "As long as the device was purchased before September 15, 2016 Best Buy will accept all returns or exchanges for the Note7 even if it is beyond the standard 14-day return period." Which makes me slightly less anxious about needing to complete the exchange by tomorrow.
    09-29-2016 08:31 AM
    I returned my Note 7 on 9/14 and walked in on 9/21 and Best Buy allowed me to purchase a new one since I was a previous owner. I went in to get on the pre-order list and the clerk told me that they had extra available.
    09-29-2016 09:08 AM
    I finally received the email notification to pick up my phone yesterday afternoon. It took over an hour and a half (roughly 45 minutes waiting in line; the rest of the time spent processing the return and activating the new one) but I finally got my replacement.

Good luck, to anyone still waiting. According to my local Best Buy the 'preorder/reserved' phones are trickling in one at a time.
    09-30-2016 07:51 AM
    I am on att next and want to just return and go back to my old phone. Bestbuy is telling me they can't do that because the replacements are in. I said your website says one of my options is a return. They said they will take it but att will still charge me my next plan. So I call attention they say I'm beyond the 14 day buyers remorse period.

Anyone know what I do now?
    09-30-2016 05:28 PM
    09-30-2016 09:32 PM
    For those that are on at&t NEXT plan and had do the exchange at best buy, how long did it take for the process to be completed?
    4 hours mostly AT&T's fault. Yeh spent all evening there week before last. Not fun but happy with my replacement and done with the recall fiasco. Also got a $36 credit and the $25 promised from Samsung on this month's bill.
    09-30-2016 09:59 PM
    4 hours mostly AT&T's fault. Yeh spent all evening there week before last. Not fun but happy with my replacement and done with the recall fiasco. Also got a $36 credit and the $25 promised from Samsung on this month's bill.
    Jesus for what? Undo then redo the upgrade? Did they ring it up as a new device and just returned the old one?
    09-30-2016 11:15 PM
    Jesus for what? Undo then redo the upgrade? Did they ring it up as a new device and just returned the old one?
    The BB rep got hung up on 3 times and all the wait time on hold with AT&T. Just crazy. Plus the fact that they never showed my Note 5 the one I traded in for the Note 7 with Next on my account even though I got a text saying it was received in the mail and good to go. Someone dropped the ball holding up my swap process. Glad its over for me.
    10-01-2016 01:20 PM
    I know it's early, but has Best Buy said anything about returns of replacement Note 7's? I exchanged my 1st one on 9/21 and past the 14 day period. I think it's becoming obvious another recall is likely. If AT&T pulls the phone I don't think it's unreasonable that updates and support will go along with that. I hope that we're not getting the short end of it again having bought from Best Buy.

I absolutely love this phone, but too much to deal with.
    10-08-2016 09:17 PM
    I bought mine at best buy too. I got it last Friday. I think a wide scale issue like this will be resolved either at best buy or the carrier... I would hope at least. I'm with AT&T too
    10-08-2016 10:25 PM
    I know it's early, but has Best Buy said anything about returns of replacement Note 7's? I exchanged my 1st one on 9/21 and past the 14 day period. I think it's becoming obvious another recall is likely. If AT&T pulls the phone I don't think it's unreasonable that updates and support will go along with that. I hope that we're not getting the short end of it again having bought from Best Buy.

I absolutely love this phone, but too much to deal with.
    I didn't have any problems with our first Note 7's and not worried about our replacements. Too much media panic, they need something to report. Only thing I am worried about is keeping our power on tonight and keeping water out of my garage in backyard. Be happy when 24 hrs is over. They messed up the forecast on the Virginia coast for sure.
    10-08-2016 10:32 PM
    I didn't have any problems with our first Note 7's and not worried about our replacements. Too much media panic, they need something to report. Only thing I am worried about is keeping our power on tonight and keeping water out of my garage in backyard. Be happy when 24 hrs is over. They messed up the forecast on the Virginia coast for sure.
    I hope all goes well for you. God bless
    larry1014 likes this.
    10-08-2016 10:50 PM
    I spent much of Friday trying to get Sprint to replace my replacement Note 7, but because I bought it at Best Buy they wouldn't do it. This is extremely frustrating because Best Buy is a Sprint franchise and for Sprint to not offer to replace a phone purchased at BB is mind blowing. For BB to not honor the Sprint policy is just as bad. I'm extremely frustrated with this process.
    10-09-2016 07:31 AM
    I would call sprint and see what they say about it
    10-09-2016 08:47 AM
    Three different chats...three resounding YES will will offer either a refund or an exchange towards another device on your REPLACEMENT Note 7.

As I need to fly soon and my guess is that they may not let these on planes given all the media and safety fervor, I might as well change the darn thing out while there are still S7 Edge devices in stock.

I wish I could find another Note 5....

Off to see if the store offers the same thing....
    mikechaudron likes this.
    10-09-2016 08:48 AM
    Good luck, this recall debauchery has driven plenty of us away from Samsung devices.
    10-09-2016 09:06 AM
    Yes, it is a mess. I would be worried too if I had to fly with a N7. A shame, really, I love the Note line.
    10-09-2016 09:07 AM
1,485 ... 5051525354 ...