12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 5152535455 ...
tools
    I've been told twice by Best Buy they won't exchange a replacement Note 7, so I would appreciate more info on what you've received from them.
    10-09-2016 09:15 AM
    I will only return mine if forced to. Device has been great. Ditto on the first Note 7 as well.

If the Note 7 is completely banned for flights, seems a given the model would be discontinued by Samsung. A lot of Note owners fly. I see just as many Notes as the Plus.
    kayjbee and dadsterflip like this.
    10-09-2016 09:15 AM
    Oh I have. Sprint says I have to go to Best Buy. Best Buy says go to Sprint.

Sprint Care tells me this morning they're at work on it. We'll see what happens.
    10-09-2016 09:17 AM
    I've been told twice by Best Buy they won't exchange a replacement Note 7, so I would appreciate more info on what you've received from them.
    It's still early, as with the last recall, best buy was the last ones to get on the same page with the other carriers and recall info. AND their policys were different from store to store depending on which ding dong employees you spoke to. Matter of fact, in my area they weren't even doing loaners until a few days before the replacement were released. One big plus from all. Of this, when the V20 is avail, I will be returning our N7s and running from Best Buy and to my local ATT store. BB sucks.
    mikechaudron likes this.
    10-09-2016 09:23 AM
    I got the same runaround with Best Buy and ATT. I call ATT and they say, go into corp ATT and they will exchange. I do that and they tell me I am crazy and can do nothing for me....and I have to go to BB. I go to BB and they tell me I have to go to ATT. It is absolutely maddening and ridiculous!
    mikechaudron likes this.
    10-09-2016 09:23 AM
    Three different chats...three resounding YES will will offer either a refund or an exchange towards another device on your REPLACEMENT Note 7.

As I need to fly soon and my guess is that they may not let these on planes given all the media and safety fervor, I might as well change the darn thing out while there are still S7 Edge devices in stock.

I wish I could find another Note 5....

Off to see if the store offers the same thing....
    What carrier are you? If your VZW they still have stock. I'd return the 7 and hit a corporate store!
    10-09-2016 09:44 AM
    Update.....went to my local BB store and they would have happily exchanged it for another phone but I held off for one reason. Until they get an official announcement from the mother ship, I would forgot the $20 a month loyalty rewards credit I get from BB every month towards my Sprint Everything 1500 minute unlimited data plan.

So, I will wait until / if there is an official announcement as I don't have a good reason to forgot $240 worth of credits a year towards my bill.

If nothing happens by Weds. I may check my mind as I am flying Southwest on Friday.

Did spend a half hour with a 7 edge while I was there. I could live with it but as with the N7, not being able to get a screen protector sucks...but at least that one in GG4
    10-09-2016 09:52 AM
    What store did you go to?
    10-09-2016 10:09 AM
    Salem, NH
    10-09-2016 11:42 AM
    Great... Looking forward to this headache. Like the battery is not enough...
    10-09-2016 12:14 PM
    OK. I just got back from Best Buy in my city, near Dallas. Explained what happened with the replacements. They got approval from their manager then on the phone with AT&T and the exchange was allowed. It was after the 14 day window and was not charged a restock fee.

I got the S7 Edge. I'll miss my Note 7, but I need to move on. Done with the drama. Best of luck to all!
    Joeykool likes this.
    10-09-2016 12:21 PM
    OK. I just got back from Best Buy in my city, near Dallas. Explained what happened with the replacements. They got approval from their manager then on the phone with AT&T and the exchange was allowed. It was after the 14 day window and was not charged a restock fee.

I got the S7 Edge. I'll miss my Note 7, but I need to move on. Done with the drama. Best of luck to all!
    That's exactly it. Most love the phone but want to move on with daily life and quit wasting time in these stores swapping phones countless times. One reason I am giving up on Samsung this year, I just want this to end.
    10-09-2016 12:48 PM
    I'm just waiting it out... At least till the v20 is available
    10-09-2016 01:00 PM
    Going to wait and see if Samsung will say anything. Would like to know if these incidents are actually problems with the phone or people looking for a payout.
    10-09-2016 01:17 PM
    Well Best Buy wouldn't do it for me, even showing them the story about the Dallas store.

I'd also complained to Sprint twitter and CEO, and got a call back from their executive office, who is overnighting me a different non Note 7 phone. So looks like the saga is over for me.
    10-09-2016 02:00 PM
    As much I like the N7, I been using the Note line since Note 3. I bought mine from BestBuy as well. I have not yet gone there and asked. It might be too early to talk to BestBuy or ATT for now. It is probably too early. I will wait till the I see some official messages. I am hoping they would not bounce me around.
    jfenton likes this.
    10-09-2016 02:20 PM
    This will definitely be the last phone and very likely last product I'll buy from Best Buy under any circumstance ever again. They could make this situation right and are willfully doing there best not to.
    dadsterflip and mikechaudron like this.
    10-09-2016 03:34 PM
    I returned my replacement Note 7 at the Cranberry Twp., PA Bestbuy this evening.

Not a single bit of hassle other than they had no black S7 Edges for VZW so I had to drive about 20 minutes to the North Hills store to get one.

At the end of the transaction the guy says..."oh yea the 32" Samsung Smart TV deal is still going on so let me get you one before you leave". So I got that going for me. Although I've got no idea what I'm gonna do with it.

I hope I like my S7 Edge. Loved my Note 7 but I just couldn't see keeping a phone I was not comfortable with.
    10-09-2016 07:40 PM
    I picked up my replacement on 9/21 so I'm just outside of the normal return window of 15 days. If Best Buy ends up allowing returns I'll just return the Note 7 and stick with my backup Nexus 6p.
    10-09-2016 09:02 PM
    Got my 7 at BB also and got it replaced there. I'm not going through that again. 4 Hours it took to get a replacement (AT&T's fault). I'm keeping mine till it explodes or doesn't.
    mikechaudron likes this.
    10-09-2016 09:10 PM
    I picked up my replacement on 9/21 so I'm just outside of the normal return window of 15 days. If Best Buy ends up allowing returns I'll just return the Note 7 and stick with my backup Nexus 6p.
    I got mine on 9/20 and they returned it with no hassle whatsoever.
    iamdld likes this.
    10-09-2016 09:46 PM
    Thanks. May give it a shot then.
    10-09-2016 09:47 PM
    I honestly thought this thread was dead. In light of the recent new Note7 failures does anyone know if best buy is going to allow returns of the replacement Note7s?
    10-10-2016 08:21 AM
    I just want to get rid of this time bomb and have my $900 back so that I can happily go back to my Note 3 until something else comes out
    10-10-2016 08:38 AM
    I honestly thought this thread was dead. In light of the recent new Note7 failures does anyone know if best buy is going to allow returns of the replacement Note7s?
    Pure speculation but I doubt that they'll do anything unless there is an official second recall. It was hard enough to get them to replace they were required to. As much as I would like to avoid carrier stores, this will probably be the last phone purchase that I make at Best Buy. The carriers have some incentive to provide customer service outside of the 14 day return period and Best Buy could care less. Personally, I'm just waiting until there is some official word on these most recent fires other than Verge articles.
    10-10-2016 08:45 AM
1,485 ... 5152535455 ...