12-05-2016 12:00 PM
1,485 ... 45678 ...
tools
    Yeah, they need to inform their employees so they will have the same answer. I finally found what best buy says on their website.

Galaxy Note7 Information - Best Buy

If you have already purchased a Samsung Note7 from Best Buy and do not feel comfortable using it, you have a few options:

Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (when product becomes available).
    Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
    Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.

As a gesture of appreciation, you will receive a $25 bill credit from your carrier when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note7 within the exchange program. Bill credit could take 2 to 3 billing cycles before appearing on your statement
    09-03-2016 05:11 PM
    I went to Best Buy in Palmdale California
    09-03-2016 05:12 PM
    I went to Best Buy in Palmdale California
    Do you want to return it or wait. If you want to return it Im pretty sure I can make it happen.
    09-03-2016 05:15 PM
    Went to bestbuy today and they said they are not allowing returns for any phones that had their 14 day return policy expire. They said call 800-samsung.
    I called samsung and they said Bestbuy had to return the phones because it was a recall. I walked back in and bestbuy told me no again that I need to call samsung. LOL. doubt I'll buy another phone from bestbuy. I am going to call samsung on monday again. Personally, I want to get another note 7. So for now it's the waiting game and hoping my phone doesn't explode into a million pieces!
    Did you go in with the printout FROM THE BEST BUY WEBSITE that refutes everything the uninformed BB store rep was saying. Better yet. Pull it up right on the phone you are planning to return.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=YElCdHlX
    stronggeek likes this.
    09-03-2016 05:15 PM
    Finally found a statement from the BB website:

If you have already purchased a Samsung Note7 from Best Buy and do not feel comfortable using it, you have a few options:

Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (when product becomes available).
    Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
    Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.

As a gesture of appreciation, you will receive a $25 bill credit from your carrier when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note7 within the exchange program. Bill credit could take 2 to 3 billing cycles before appearing on your statement
    09-03-2016 05:17 PM
    I want to wait for a new Note I was just trying to get the ball rolling but they were clueless they wouldn't return it or anything they told me contact samsung.
    @VFerrari - I couldn't find any info about the recall at bestbuy until now. I went in to BB at 10:30 today.

I just want to replace it when it comes out. I was going to get a loaner S7 but they were not offering the loaner there so.... I wait
    09-03-2016 05:20 PM
    Anyone having issues with Best Buy should look at going to another store if they have the option. I had to drive to another city, and mine was returned in minutes after trying to deal with my local Best Buy for two days. I shouldn't be too shocked my local Best Buy has really ****ty service.
    09-03-2016 05:25 PM
    Anyone having issues with Best Buy should look at going to another store if they have the option. I had to drive to another city, and mine was returned in minutes after trying to deal with my local Best Buy for two days. I shouldn't be too shocked my local Best Buy has really ****ty service.
    No what people have to do is stand their ground and have all the facts to give to a store manager. It is a federal violation if any store refuses to return the device u der the stipulations set forth. You have to be ready to back them down with the information regarding CPSC regulations and federal policies. Then you need to call 612-291-1000 and ask to speak to Hubert Joly. You wont get him but you will get a rep that has direct contact with him. Explain whats happening with the store location and that they are violating best buy policy as well as federal law.

Watch how fast they act.
    vferrari likes this.
    09-03-2016 05:34 PM
    I would suggest try another best buy. Its ridiculous that people are being giving the run around for a process that should be somewhat smooth and straight forward.
    09-03-2016 05:37 PM
    No what people have to do is stand their ground and have all the facts to give to a store manager. It is a federal violation if any store refuses to return the device u der the stipulations set forth. You have to be ready to back them down with the information regarding CPSC regulations and federal policies. Then you need to call 612-291-1000 and ask to speak to Hubert Joly. You wont get him but you will get a rep that has direct contact with him. Explain whats happening with the store location and that they are violating best buy policy as well as federal law.

Watch how fast they act.
    Thanks my issue was resolved, but I'm steamed that I had to go to another Best Buy, and I will still call that number. That store has horrible customer service, and something needs to be done about it. The next store I went to handled super professionally and fast. I didn't even need the information from the website and at the original store, I showed them everything and still there was no resolution. Thank you for that information.
    Kelly Kearns likes this.
    09-03-2016 05:38 PM
    Did you go to a best buy mobile or a regular best buy?
    naturecannon likes this.
    09-03-2016 05:39 PM
    Samsung needs to work with its vendors and partners to create a uniform exchange policy. AT&T, for example, does state that you can exchange your Note 7 for another phone (such as an S7 Edge), and then exchange back to a Note 7 when the non-exploding ones become available. Samsung should do whatever is necessary to get Best Buy to have the same policy.

https://www.att.com/esupport/article...less/KM1122948
    "Customers will also be able to exchange that interim device for a new Note7 in the future."
    I'm with Sprint...and they don't even offer loaner phone. Regardless on if you got the phone from them or Best Buy, neither does Verizon if not mistaking.
    09-03-2016 05:50 PM
    I returned my Note 7 that I bought on launch day today, 9/3. They tried to get me to wait 7 days for replacement, and I said I wasn't going to have the phone in my house with the risk. They said I was past the 14 day return, and I showed them their own site waiving the 14 day return limit. They then tried to say AT&T would not let me out of my contract, and they will and did. If you want to return the phone, you can, but you may have to be firm with them. I dialed 611 to call AT&T while they were trying to figure it all out. The guts at BB did say mine was easier than the earlier returns today, and I went in around 330 this afternoon. You can switch into another phone, and then get the new Note 7 when released with no fees. I will use my old slow Note 2 until I am sure it is safe, and maybe they will discount it since it had problems. Hope this helps! Mike
    09-03-2016 07:24 PM
    . You can switch into another phone, and then get the new Note 7 when released with no fees.
    That's the way Samsung wanted it to go down and like how att is doing it..... but best buy has their own policy store to store to store and corp is saying no interim s. Its not like bestbuy is eating the cost of the interims, ATT surely won't, and ,wouldn't be doing it. Best Buy is a tightwad with very little thought for the consumer.

Samsung's ultimate goal was getting the at risk note 7s out.of peoples hands ASAP .......aka iterim device so folks have a phone to use rather than keeping note7 before replacement. Less lawsuits if things blow
    09-03-2016 08:25 PM
    Yall just need to calm down...
    Climb14er likes this.
    09-03-2016 08:42 PM
    no
    09-03-2016 08:50 PM
    I had it with BB this morning after calling them a few times yesterday and pointing them to their own website on what was detailed with respect to their documented return process.

They obviously did not want me to return the device and kept pointing me to either contact Samsung (which BTW I also called and they aren't sure of what to do yet either) - or told me I had to keep the device until they received a new batch (with no timetable)

Luckily (and I say this sparingly as I've had issues in the past) - ATT actually stepped up to the plate and did the ONLY RIGHT thing to do. They gave *me* choices.

- Return it for full refund

- Return it - and buy a different device (any I chose)

- Return it - and they would loan me a galaxy s7 or s7e - and when the note 7 came back in stock - I could swap the loaner for the new note 7.. (this last option is what surprised me the most - especially considering I bought the device at BB)

Even though I bought the phone at BB - ATT allowed me to return the device because they viewed it unsafe for me (or any of their customers) to keep it and it was also unacceptable that I would not have a phone to use while waiting for the new one to be shipped and delivered.

To my knowledge no *other* retailer got it on how this most basic concept of ensuring the safety and minimizing the impact of their core service were both vital to their customers. While most went through the ropes to allow the customer to return their affected devices - only ATT looked *beyond* the initial return process.

It's because of this vision and forethought on behalf of their customers that i will continue my service with ATT (they've earned it IMHO) - and will certainly never buy another phone from BB ever again.

Aside from all of this - using the s7e for a short period of time only validates that I want the Note7 back sooner. The s7e is a great device in its own right but the Note7 is hands down much nicer overall.

Also - fyi - the manager at my local ATT corporate store noted that they had a customer bring in her exploded Note7 a day earlier. My phone also exhibited battery issues (lost all power at 80% charge, and also lost power quicker if I didn't charge from a wall socket directly)

If you're thinking something isn't wrong with your phone... think again and do yourself a favor and just get it exchanged.

Good luck to everyone trying to return...
    vferrari likes this.
    09-03-2016 09:24 PM
    Returned my Note 7 to BB today. Young lady at the Mobile area tried to talk me out of it, saying it was only 35 phones worldwide and all of her friends were hanging on to theirs until they could swap it. I told her if Samsung, the manufacturer, thought it should be replaced, then I would take their advice.

Process was pretty painless, swapped it for an S7 Edge, which seems very similar.

Thanks to the crew at Android Central making this easy.
    09-03-2016 09:36 PM
    bestbuy has officially outlined their program.

09-03-2016 10:06 PM
    Returned my Note 7 to BB today. Young lady at the Mobile area tried to talk me out of it, saying it was only 35 phones worldwide and all of her friends were hanging on to theirs until they could swap it. I told her if Samsung, the manufacturer, thought it should be replaced, then I would take their advice.

Process was pretty painless, swapped it for an S7 Edge, which seems very similar.

Thanks to the crew at Android Central making this easy.
    It's your choice, but I agree with young lady in the mobile area. I had an S7 edge before and the Note 7 is a much nicer, more refined phone. I can't see why you trade instead of waiting a couple weeks for a replacement.
    Ludatyk likes this.
    09-03-2016 10:14 PM
    It's your choice, but I agree with young lady in the mobile area. I had an S7 edge before and the Note 7 is a much nicer, more refined phone. I can't see why you trade instead of waiting a couple weeks for a replacement.
    Agreed!

I know I plan on waiting it out.
    09-03-2016 10:36 PM
    course AT&T's gonna bend over backwards they're making money of your cell phone bill best buy isn't
    vferrari likes this.
    09-03-2016 11:20 PM
    course AT&T's gonna bend over backwards they're making money of your cell phone bill best buy isn't
    Good point. That's why the carriers should be handling all the returns, exchanges, and loaners on this fiasco. We should not have to deal with the retailers at all, especially since they obviously are either mostly incompetent (can't even follow their own posted policy) or not motivated to make it right for the end user who through no fault of their own is potentially exposed to a significant safety issue, regardless.

And folks PLEASE just stop throwing around the meaningless 35 in 2 million chance of fire or the variations of that figure - it is INCOMPLETE, UNVERIFIED DATA just because only 24 defects have been verified of 35 suspect phones (actually pretty bad), Samsung obviously doesn't know the extent of the issue worldwide, hence the recall and reset of ALL their production lines (except supposedly China). And the problem may continue to crop up in the existing production batch for some time to come. Also risk from an engineering perspective is not just probability of occurrence but also considers consequence, even with a small probability of occurrence, if the consequence is high (e.g., explosions and fire) then the net risk to the end user can be high too, hence the recall. Samsung knows this and is scrambling.
    09-04-2016 05:01 AM
    Yall need to pull your head out of the sand. This is no joke.

Samsung realizes just how serious this is. They just unfortunately little sway over how all the other players (carriers and retailers) react to it and the result is not pretty.
    09-04-2016 05:33 AM
    No what people have to do is stand their ground and have all the facts to give to a store manager. It is a federal violation if any store refuses to return the device u der the stipulations set forth. You have to be ready to back them down with the information regarding CPSC regulations and federal policies.
    Yes, facts are good. But only if they're true.

Right now (2016-09-04 1104UTC) there is no CPSC recall, hence no "federal violation".
    https://9to5google.com/2016/09/03/co...note-7-recall/
    09-04-2016 06:04 AM
1,485 ... 45678 ...