Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung experience in a Best Buy store is really the closest you can get to an apple experience, and I really like purchasing from them. I rarely encounter a BB rep who is basically worthless... I talk to verizon reps who know nothing frequently.

I'll wait until Best Buy has the next units in stock and then exchange it... If I exchange it at all. I sincerely doubt that I got one of the defective units and they know that 99.9% of customers DIDN'T get defective units, but they are just doing this to be absolutely sure.

Good on Samsung. They will lose a lot of money that they don't have to just to keep consumer confidence.
2 different store refused my return.
1 Samsung Experience guy told me they didn't issue the recall.
Best Buy corporate said they are refusing all returns as it is an open recall and to deal with Samsung directly.

I know Samsung will take care of us and I am not worried about that. I am worried BC Samsung is saying the retailer we purchased from will handle the exchange, and I don't trust Best Buy.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
2 different store refused my return.
1 Samsung Experience guy told me they didn't issue the recall.
Best Buy corporate said they are refusing all returns as it is an open recall and to deal with Samsung directly.

I know Samsung will take care of us and I am not worried about that. I am worried BC Samsung is saying the retailer we purchased from will handle the exchange, and I don't trust Best Buy.
Look at my link above.. Looks like Samsung will take care of you directly.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Look at my link above.. Looks like Samsung will take care of you directly.
Gotcha, looks good then. I didn't even want to return it, I originally called my local Best Buy just to see if they heard anything new. That's when the stories kept changing and it kind of upset me, if you don't know the answer that is fine, say so. But they lied to me on the phone and that kind of upset me so I went to the store to return it. More lies.

*I know this is over a phone that most likely will never have an issue so I am not losing sleep or anything. But what started as a simple question ended with several people just making up stories which bothers me so I just wanted to return the phone and walk away. None of this is Samsung's fault, I am actually very impressed that they are doing this and taking care of their customers. Spoiled rant over

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Gotcha, looks good then. I didn't even want to return it, I originally called my local Best Buy just to see if they heard anything new. That's when the stories kept changing and it kind of upset me, if you don't know the answer that is fine, say so. But they lied to me on the phone and that kind of upset me so I went to the store to return it. More lies.

*I know this is over a phone that most likely will never have an issue so I am not losing sleep or anything. But what started as a simple question ended with several people just making up stories which bothers me so I just wanted to return the phone and walk away. None of this is Samsung's fault, I am actually very impressed that they are doing this and taking care of their customers. Spoiled rant over
Well I hope they aren't still selling this phone. They are opening themselves up to major liability if they are.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Well I hope they aren't still selling this phone. They are opening themselves up to major liability if they are.
Not at the 3 stores around me. Lesson learned for me, I think I will avoid Best Buy for future phone purchases.

This makes me wish I had a Samsung store close, similar to an Apple store.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Not at the 3 stores around me. Lesson learned for me, I think I will avoid Best Buy for future phone purchases.

They are a hassle of there is a problem. I've bought two from them but wouldn't do it again.

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
They are a hassle of there is a problem. I've bought two from them but wouldn't do it again.
I told my wife I might stop going there because of this and she just laughed at me and told me I said the same thing about a year ago.
Apparently I am not smart lol.

SteelGator

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes, 8/19, was a preorder. The rep told me there was a restocking fee, I told him about the recall and he said it didn't matter. So I said whatever I'll dispute the fee later. When he processed the return it didn't put in the restocking fee, so he tried to add it, then asked for help adding it, then was finally told by the other rep the system was waiving fees because of the recall.

And this is why I have all but quit shopping at Best Buy. They drive me nuts.

Ludatyk

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site

I just wished I ordered from the AT&T store to be able to deal with them directly... Best Buy is the middleman, I was just in a rush to pick up the Note7... and AT&T initially stocked Silver models only. I had lucked out and Best Buy had the Black Onyx on launch day. But it's a lessoned learned if I plan on buying another non-iPhone.

dunamis

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
just got off the phone with best buy. They told me that I could wait 6-8 weeks and swap it out when they get the replacement note 7 or come in and get a refund without any penalty. However that offer is only till this weekend and that might change once they hear from corporate. WTH? I might just replace for an iphone 6s plus (my experience with iphone is always get the "s") LOL.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
just got off the phone with best buy. They told me that I could wait 6-8 weeks and swap it out when they get the replacement note 7 or come in and get a refund without any penalty. However that offer is only till this weekend and that might change once they hear from corporate. WTH? I might just replace for an iphone 6s plus (my experience with iphone is always get the "s") LOL.
You might want. To report that to Samsung. I wouldn't trust they give you a fixed phone. Samsung is going to have the new phones ready in a couple of weeks.

naturecannon

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Well according to samsung recall info best buy must take back you r phone and offer a lonaer.

The U.S. Product Exchange Program will offer consumers the following choices:

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (available next week)
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

As a gesture of appreciation, consumers will receive a $25 gift card or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.

victoryrules8

Aug 15, 2015
Visit site
My local best buy said I could return the device and exchange it for another or just return the device and keep the free gift. Samsung gear fit 2. Which is pretty dam sweet.

buddhake

Mar 26, 2013
Visit site
I also was able to return mine to my local best buy with no restocking fee and got to keep the Gear Fit 2. Today was the 15th day but the computer gave the guy no issues with the return, but he indicated that might be because I had bought it outright and not tied to a contract or phone line.