Best Buy Note 7 Recall Thread

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...%23%21%2Fwireless%2FKM11229480&token=GWEBTSd7

Samsung has notified us that they have identified a battery issue in certain Galaxy Note7s. They have asked all retailers, including AT&T, to stop selling the device. They are investigating if the issue could lead to potential safety concerns. Because safety is our top priority, customers are strongly encouraged to exchange the Samsung Note7 for a new device. Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, a new Galaxy Note7 or any other smartphone, and may also return any Note7 accessories. If a customer chooses another Samsung device, he or she will receive a bill credit of $25 per device.

Customers Will Also Be Able To Exchange That Interim Device For A New Note7 In The Future. That process will be shared as soon as it is available.
So you're posting something from AT&T site when you bought it from best buy that doesn't make sense

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone that purchased the Note 7 on launch day(August 19th) have any luck with returning it to Best Buy?

Just curious, I know statistically speaking I am most likely fine, but part of me want to return it and just wait, but Best Buy is doing nothing. Just wondering if anyone else is having better luck.

If it were me, I would go through the recall/return process. 'An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure'.

Serkle K

Aug 3, 2016
Visit site
I still have until the 9th under my purchase window to return it. Hopefully they will have some in stock by then so that I can walk out with one in hand.

jrsharp70

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
I wonder how this will impact the Note 7 Buy One Get One deal through Verizon and Best Buy. I know that others have said that the company Verizon handles these BOGO offers actually checks the IMEI number of your phones to be sure they are still active before sending your rebate to make sure you haven't sent in the paperwork and then returned the phone. My son and I got Note 7's last weekend because of the BOGO offer.

Note 7 had a BOGO deal?!?!

Edit: I see it was AT&T only...

mmsean

Oct 27, 2014
Visit site
Here are the official statements. Depending on where you buy them varies. Not all retailers have to abide by what AT&T retails stores do.

Samsung official statement

Ridgefield Park, N.J. – September 2, 2016 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today announced the immediate availability of the U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note7 owners. This program was launched in response to the recent announcement regarding isolated battery cell issues with the Galaxy Note7 device.

While there have been only a small number of reported incidents, Samsung is taking great care to provide customers with the support they need. Samsung has identified the affected inventory and stopped sales and shipments of those devices. For customers, who have Galaxy Note7 devices, Samsung will voluntarily replace their current device with a new one from today.

“Samsung is taking a proactive approach to address customer needs around the Note7,” said Tim Baxter, president of Samsung Electronics America. “We are encouraging customers to exchange their Note7 by taking advantage of our Product Exchange Program. The safety and satisfaction of our customers is Samsung’s top priority.”

The U.S. Product Exchange Program will offer consumers the following choices:

1. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (available next week)
2. Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7 specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.

As a gesture of appreciation, consumers will receive a $25 gift card or bill credit from select carrier retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.

Galaxy Note7 owners can contact or visit the retail outlet where they purchased their device or call 1-800-SAMSUNG to initiate a product exchange and to resolve any other questions or concerns.

AT&T official statement

How to exchange Samsung Note7

Samsung has notified us that they have identified a battery issue in certain Galaxy Note7s. They have asked all retailers, including AT&T, to stop selling the device. They are investigating if the issue could lead to potential safety concerns. Because safety is our top priority, customers are strongly encouraged to exchange the Samsung Note7 for a new device. Customers with a Note7 may select a Galaxy S7, Galaxy S7 edge, Galaxy S7 active, a new Galaxy Note7 or any other smartphone, and may also return any Note7 accessories. If a customer chooses another Samsung device, he or she will receive a bill credit of $25 per device.

Customers will also be able to exchange that interim device for a new Note7 in the future. That process will be shared as soon as it is available.

This is BestBuy:
Galaxy Note7 Exchange Program Information

We have stopped selling the Samsung Note7. You can visit a Best Buy store to return or exchange your device, without a restocking fee. You will have the option to replace it with a new Note7 when they become available.

If you have already purchased a Samsung Note7 from Best Buy and do not feel comfortable using it, you have a few options:
1.Exchange current Galaxy Note7 device with a new Galaxy Note7 (when product becomes available).
2.Exchange current Galaxy Note7 for a Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 edge and replacement of any Note7-specific accessories with a refund of the price difference between devices.
3.Return your Note7 and receive a full refund.

As a gesture of appreciation, you will receive a $25 bill credit from your carrier when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note7 within the exchange program. Bill credit could take 2 to 3 billing cycles before appearing on your statement.

Sprint official statement
Sprint Update on Samsung Galaxy Note 7 Exchange

Earlier today Samsung discontinued sales of the Galaxy Note 7 device globally following isolated battery cell issues. As a result, Sprint announced it was immediately suspending sales of the Note 7.

Sprint is working closely with Samsung and will be participating in its U.S. Product Exchange Program for Galaxy Note 7 users to ensure we quickly address the needs of customers who already have purchased the device.

Sprint Note 7 customers have three options:
1.Customers can replace their current Galaxy Note 7 with a new one when stock becomes available.
2.Customers also have the choice of immediately exchanging their device for a Samsung Galaxy S7 or Galaxy S7 Edge; this includes replacement of any Note 7 accessories with a refund for any price difference between devices.
3.Sprint will allow customers to exchange their Note 7 for any Sprint device and will reimburse any price differences and waive any restocking and shipping fees.

Sprint customers should visit the store where they purchased their Note 7 and a Sprint team member will gladly help customers get up and running with their new device on the Sprint network. Sprint Note 7 customers can also call (888) 211-4727 for information on how to exchange their device.

As a gesture of appreciation, Samsung is offering customers a $25 gift card at Sprint retail outlets when choosing a Galaxy S7 family device or the Galaxy Note 7 within the exchange program.

The link to the latest communication from Samsung can be found at Samsung U.S. Newsroom| Latest News, press resources, inspiring stories about Samsung Electronics America - Samsung Newsroom and customers can reach Samsung directly by calling 1-800-SAMSUNG.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Best Buy is really ticking me off. Got the phone on launch date. Go in to a best buy store and told them I wanted to return the device because of recall. They said nope because its "out of the 14 date return period" which ended yesterday. I never had a problem with returning something to best buy. They should of told me the return period started day on the 19th. Called customer service and they told me because of the recall I have 30 days now. Now to try again tomorrow and see.
People is on here complaining on when the 14 day return period starts. The link the other poster posted in regards to Best Buy Note 7 Exchange states that the 14 day return policy do not matter in this case. For the record, yes the original 14 day return / exchange period does start the day you purchase the device.

If anyone has issues, just show the Best Buy Employee the link.

Furthermore, it takes time for all this information to hit all the stores etc. Its not like the workers have like magical pagers that pages them alerting them of situations like this.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
My question in regards to the best buy process...is if you opt to exchange it, can you only exchange it for a S7, S7 Edge and Note 7?

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
A good place to complain is Samsung's Facebook and Twitter page. Things can escalate quick. Best Buy's page too. Public embarrassment works wonders.

SarahGN

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
My question in regards to the best buy process...is if you opt to exchange it, can you only exchange it for a S7, S7 Edge and Note 7?

If you are within the 14 day return period, they can do a return and repurchase for any device you want. But if it is for any device other than an S7 or S7 Edge or the Note 7's, you pay the restocking fee.

If you exchange for an S7/S7E/Note7, you don't pay the restocking fee and have until 9/30/16 to do the exchange.

Obviously you can only exchange for a Note7 once they get the fixed Note7's in.

Last edited:

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
A good place to complain is Samsung's Facebook and Twitter page. Things can escalate quick. Best Buy's page too. Public embarrassment works wonders.
Why would you complain on best buy twitter page? How's the recall their fault?

And why would you complain to Samsung as well? They are taking the initiative and doing what they can to fix the situation as fast as they can. Recalls happen for a lot of items, unfortunately its our Note 7's.

toy4x

May 2, 2011
Visit site
Are they going to stock the coral blue? I'm not returning mine to get a black or silver. Might be a little bit harder for an exchange.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
If you are within the 14 day return period, they can do a return and repurchase for any device you want. But if it is for any device other than an S7 or S7 Edge or the Note 7's, you pay the restocking fee. If you exchange for an S7/S7E/Note7, you don't pay the restocking fee and have until 9/30/16 to do the exchange.

Obviously you can only exchange for a Note7 once they get the fixed Note7's in.

It says on the link they are waiving the restocking fee I thought. Even after the 14 day return window.

geraldem

Aug 27, 2016
Visit site
So with BB you have no option of getting a phone today if you eventually want to stay with N7 when the new units are available. So I can get S7 Edge... Etc today. But when new N7s come in... I cannot exchange that for a new N7.

BUT. since I am on the next payment plan... I got notice and text from AT&T last night to come in asap and exchange. SO my question is.... Can I just deal with AT&T?

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
If I were you best buy note 7 buyers, I would take the phone back while you're able to. The way best buy is, I would imagine the recall will be nothing but a pain. Once best buy gets your money it's hard to get it back from them. That's why I didn't get phone from the, I had my free gift 2 weeks after I got my phone

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Why would you complain on best buy twitter page? How's the recall their fault?

And why would you complain to Samsung as well? They are taking the initiative and doing what they can to fix the situation as fast as they can. Recalls happen for a lot of items, unfortunately its our Note 7's.
Complain about Best Buy not handling the recall, telling people that they won't take the phone back and we have to deal with Samsung directly, that's what this thread has been about.???
Complain about Sprint not swapping because it was bought at Best Buy but is on their network, why not allow their customers to swap in their corporate stores, Samsung will cover the cost.
Didn't know I had to completely explain my suggestion, it was on topic.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Complain about Best Buy not handling the recall, telling people that they won't take the phone back and we have to deal with Samsung directly, that's what this thread has been about.???
Complain about Sprint not swapping because it was bought at Best Buy but is on their network, why not allow their customers to swap in their corporate stores, Samsung will cover the cost.
Didn't know I had to completely explain my suggestion, it was on topic.
I called Best Buy too...at about 4pm CST...right when I got off work. I called their recall hotline. I spoke to a representative and he told me the same thing...that I had to go through Samsung...Sprint..etc. Keep in mind he also put me on hold and attempted to look up more information. Of course he didn't find any. But nevertheless, he tried and was very professional about it. He also told me that they didn't have any information as far as if Best Buy in general would have a Recall Process for the Note 7 that was purchased through them. With all the information coming through slowly...I wasn't upset about it. I felt that eventually Best Buy would post something about the Recall Process. Hell, I even tweeted Best Buy, Samsung US and Sprint. Best Buy Responded back linking me to their site where the Recall information would be listed. He told me to keep checking the site.

Nevertheless, long story short...I totally understand what you're saying. And I didn't mean to come off rude or anything like that. What Im basically saying is information like this takes time to get out. If someone went to a Best Buy store before Best Buy announced their Recall process, and was able to return thwir pbone, that's great! But then when other people try and Best Buy refuses to do the return or exchange, people complain. And that's because people haven't been told the process at that time, not because people is being rude or Best Buy wants to keep your money.

For all those that's complaining, I would try today and have the Best Buy link with the recall information ready or tell them to check their emails or pull up the site.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
You should be taking your phone to the carrier if you want it replaced.
Problem is, you need to WAIT for the new note 7 to come out.

Super Dave426

Jul 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is running great, doesn't even get warm while charging so I'll hold onto it until this gets sorted out, no need to panic and trade it in yet.

My recommendation to embarrass all involved on social media was to push them into getting the necessary information out quicker, just like the poster who said to contact CNN. Officially I have not received any notice about a recall and my device is registered with Samsung.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae